Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Doof drugs

sunsolunar

Bluelighter
Hey guys

In the doof scene, what would be the drug most consumed? LSD, ecstasy, mushies, 2CB, other research chems....?

I always thought it would be acid, thats just what ive been told but now i'd say ecstacy or cannabis. Its probly different at every event though.

LSD and MDMA. Mushrooms would be popular in season too. Research chemicals would be there but rarer ofcourse. Weed isn't a drug to hippies, it's oxygen!

mmm, I remember being at one this June and a guy had just had a 2c-t-7 cap, and there were people smoking salvia. But I thought LSD and pills would prevail the most. I'd be correct in saying RCs are a bit rare in Aus, wouldn't I?

Last edited:
in my circle, pills are pretty much the ONLY thing people consume.
little bits of coke, small amounts of speed (usually base, not ice) NO ONE uses LSD (mainly because i don't have a way of getting any) or GHB for that matter (except me on the G) and i'm about to introduce a few people to some RC's, so we'll see how that goes.

from my point of view MDMA is almost the ONLY drug consumed in the dance scene.

I think it would be safe to say that psychedelic substances would be the substances of choice within the 'doof' community, with LSD probably taking centre stage, closely followed by MDMA. It is honestly difficult to give an accurate answer as it would depend on so many factors including location, time of year, current availability and people attending.

As for saying Research Chemicals are rare within Australia, it's hard to say. How do you define a rare drug??? As with any substance, access is made easier through connections. The psychedelic community within Australia is reasonably small and some would even describe it as close knit. I would suggest within these communities, Research Chemicals may be easier to come across then other substances. As always, it comes down to who you know.

What about methylone? Does that ever appear at doofs? (in anyone's experience)

At all the doofs Ive been too, MDMA and meth are by far the most popular drugs consumed, same as all the normal raves.

LSD is simply less consumed because it's not as widely available.

LSD is usually the most popular drug - at least at doofs around the east coast regions - and it's almost always widely available. Other drugs seem to vary from event to event although DMT is frequently seen (or the effects of) ... so think before accepting bongs or joints from strangers....

Yeah in my experience LSD is the biggest one, followed my MDMA. I always ask around for RCs when I attend doofs but usually the closest thing I can find to an RC is 2C-B (which I don't really consider an RC due to it's widespread popularity after MDMA was first banned, and it's continued use for the last 15-20 years or so).

I would like to see some of the less common psychedelics making it into the doof scene, cause I wanna try them! I can't see it happening any time soon though.

cool, thanks for everyone's input. As people have mentioned, the level of use is largely dependent on who you know. One can always count on the 'bouncyness' of MDMA except if it's a slow morning psy set... :)

Actually yeah, nitrous. I've never tried it myself but at the same forementioned doof before we walked down to the main dance area, we heard people 'howling' together standing in a group. We had no idea was was going on! Later when I went around to help clear leaf litter away from campfires, we saw heaps of bulbs on the ground.

LSD, MDMA, Cannabis, Nitrous are probably the most popular and widely consumed. Not to mention alcohol as well.
Mushrooms come in second. You also have acess to a large amount of research chems etc, you just have to look around and ask.
Doofs are generally drugfests anyway.
The first time I had DMT was at a doof. Saw millions of chrysanthenums (spelling?) blooming on a tent wall.

Wow, I think that could have been almost scary if you did it at night, something about how tents can feel a bit small... Did you smoke/eat it?

I smoked it. Dried plant matter in a bong, inhaled and held in for about 30 seconds. It was after 1.5 clean MDMA pills an some cannabis so I was already in a slight psychedelic state.
I was also experienced with LSD at this point as well. Dropped a tab about a 3 hours later. Then smoked more on the plateau (about 6-7 hours into the trip), saw a tunnel forming in this long wild grass and saw a literal purple haze. Cool stuff. :D

Did you find you could dance on the DMT? (in association with the pills) Or were you firmly planted at this stage?

I was at my campsite, a good half K away from the dancefloor. I just lay down, listened to Pink Floyd on someone's IPod. Only lasted a few minutes. Not a breakthrough experience.
When I got home the following Monday I had some that night, cranked Shpongle and had a crazy dance. Dancing on it is somehow more primal than MDMA or even LSD. I felt like an ape performing a mating dance or something...

I think on a breakthrough dose from either smoking or taking ayhausaca would render you incapable of perceiving the "real" world, dancing would be out of the question. I could be wrong though, I suppose a heavy Deemers trip combined with shamanic dancing could help trance you out more.

Guys we don't discuss availability etc. Its all out there, its all about who you know.