Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

mdma caps - test good, consume bad?

drink drank drunk

Bluelighter
hi there,

i came across a couple of mdma caps a few months ago, and for some reason they seem to have had absolutely no effect. the contents were a pink crushed up crystal-like substance. i tested them when i got them with mandelin reagent, and it went straight to black and bubbled... a very strong positive reaction, i was looking forward to taking them!

i've been pretty busy with life over the past few months so i didnt get a chance to take them until last week, and given the good test results i divided the contents of the caps in two and took them in halves. i consummed one half orally at about 9pm, and my partner took a half at the same time too. after 15mins i felt a few small rushes and tingles, like i was coming on.. but nothing really took hold. after about 30mins i was feeling quite tired as i'd had a big day, so i lied down for about 25mins and had a snooze. again i felt a few small rushes, but nothing major. about an hour after consuming the first half i had a second half, and again a few small rushes, but no real effects.

2hrs after i'd consumed the first half i ended up snorting some other pills, which got me going, and i later had some other substances so i can't really comment if the mdma caps took 5hrs to come on or whatever. but my partner only had the half mdma cap and didnt have any other drugs that night, and felt absolutely nothing too.

we're both infrequent users, so we dont have a tolerance problem. and i still had half a cap left over which i tested when i got back, and it went straight to black (but didnt buble).

so what gives..?? the caps had a positive mandelin test result but had absolutely no effect?

I would say there was just a small amount of mdma in them cut up a lot, that's the only explanation I can think of.

if it was pink maybe it was just weak crushed up pills in capsules

MDMA is white if you see pink or any other colour in your cap u can be almost positive its just crushed/cut pill

Caps are notorious for being adulterated. Making sure you test them like you did is essential but like others pointed out the fact that the contents were pink indicates it was more likely a crushed up pill or something else not MDMA powder.

Possibly a weak MDMA pill was crushed up or maybe some other substance was used to fool the test kit, you might get different results if you tried marquis or secondary amine kits.

maybe they crushed up pills, then measured out 70mg (or 150 if they were nice haha) of the pill, rather than as much of the pill as would contain 70mg(/whatever) of mdma

The original poster says they were crystal like and tested very well. Could be some very badly made MDMA, or a chemical-cousin of MDMA. And just low dosage as well.

Yea dude any colour in a capsule would normally indicated its a crushed up pill or another random substance, if it tested could i'd defenitly assume it was pills that someone had trouble selling due to a bad rep on pill.

I used to always crush my pills and fill capsules just to avoid the after taste, people always thought i had mdma caps.

hmm, it didnt have the powdery texture that a crushed up pill would typically have, and the very strongly positive result suggested they should be good.. but yeah, no idea. oh well.

Yea dude any colour in a capsule would normally indicated its a crushed up pill or another random substance

Not necessarily. Impure MDMA often has a brownish colour to it although I don't recall ever seeing or hearing of pink MDMA crystal.

I've seen purple/red MDMA crystals, Very condensed and sticky and also appeared wet until crushed up, then the powder was a pure, dry white.

It wasn't MDEA or MDA, but it did have some different effects than normal old MDMA, such as lagged peripheral hallucinations, where you swear you're seeing something vivid out the corner of your eye for like 5 seconds, then you focus on it and nothing changes visually, just your perception of it, so those 2 people having sex were actually just a speaker and a water bottle on top of it etc.. It was pretty euphoric, but distorted sound and colours were a lot brighter than usual. Was later on mixed with some different MDMA which made the whole trip almost seem like an MDA+MDMA combo, but sleep was easy after it so I don't think it was MDA, as it wasn't "smacky" at all.

just a heads up there are clear caps with very darkish purple crystals almost black... in melbourne i only got a glimps of them on the week end havent consumed yet but due to the amount in them i dought they were MDMA which the seller said they were

I tend to agree that the colour could be some indication of the contents being a crushed up pill. And the test merely shows the presence of MDMA. That said, I believe P_D is correct. Yet I thought it was not unheard of for MDMA crystals to be slightly waxy and very very pale pink? I could be thinking of another substance (not the best memory).. Also, I'm unsure as to whether this is from synthesis or not.

However, I would just like to point out, as I haven't noticed this mentioned atall, that for some people and under certain circumstances MDMA 'pills' can take an unusually long time to kick in.

For instance, I have often wondered why (after a period of about 5 years of infrequent MDMA use and afew months of SSRIs) almost any kind of MDxx pill I have consumed in the past 3 months had taken atleast 60 minutes to kick in.

To put this into perspective; It used to be a square 40 minutes for me to feel any effects (including pupil dilation), yet recently I have waited up to 2 hours for what has been considered to be a very decent MDMA pill. My metabolism has never been fast enough to keep up with others', but I'm sure there are other factors in there somewhere..

Keep in mind, d_d_d, that you waited about 2 hours to snort more. This also makes me wonder about the conditions of your stomache. Is it not totally left field to question whether or not extreme acidic conditions in your body could have had any effect on the absorbtion of the drug?

After a quick search I've really come up with no answers as to why the whole 'long duration before kicking in' thing may happen in some people, but my guesses would be that it probably has something to do with the following factors:

* SSRI use
* set and setting of drug use
* long term use
* previous high level of use of similar phenethylamines/derivatives

Any thoughts guys? This would make for interesting research..

Last edited:
hmm, i've pretty sure i've still got the half a cap around here somewhere.. if i can find it i'll post up some images of what the stuff inside it looks like.

and yeah, it usually kicks in in around ~30mins for me, but it has taken longer sometimes. my girlfriend has had up to ~70min "delayed reactions" before, but she didnt feel anything at all and it was ~6hrs after she took it until she went to bed. so yeah, i think my own experience is inconclusive but hers is a fairly good measure. i spose it just goes to show that the test kits do not indicate the strength of the pill no matter how good or bad the reaction is. this was the most "positive" reaction ive ever seen, but the experience was almost non-existent.

anyway, in response to your suggestions.. we'd eaten a medium-sized meal about 2hrs before hand, no ssri use previously, set and setting was an outdoor music event which has typically been condusive to a good time in the past, long term use has been fairly infrequent - no real tolerance issues and no previous high level use of similar phenethlyamines.

some great suggestions there tho, good thoughtful post!!

If there is a purple to black colour in the crystals then its more than likely you are looking at crystal methamphetamine. The purple colouration is due to unreacted iodine salts in the synthesis, you dont get those colours when you make MDMA.