Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Coca tea

at&C

Bluelighter
FYI

Been a fan of this product for a while, however recently my packages have been seized by UK customs as a controlled substance:( . So for anyone thinking of buying this from abroad, think twice.

Coca tea?

I've found there's quite a few suppliers of coca tea on the internet. Even amazon sells it and you can buy it off ebay. People from the UK have bought it no problem looking at this guys ebay feedback.

Apparently it contains approximately 0.5% cocaine. Is this utter bollocks or is there some truth in this?

Apparently a quid of tea and baking soda can produce a high if kept in the mouth but it sounds too disgusting to try; I actually like how the tea itself tastes. ;)

Coolio said:
It's true.

Impressive. There is a site selling coca tea for approx. £20/kg. If you could extract all the cocaine out of it, that'd yield around 5g, which is an astonishing profit.

Not that I'd ever try -- but it seems crazy that more people are not importing the leaves and processing it themselves. From what I've seen the extraction is fairly simple and doesn't require any obscure reagents.

Anyone like to guess why?

^Probably because coca leaves are Class A and because leaves are so bulky in any significant weight that they're not practical to conceal or smuggle. A kilo of leaves must be a couple of dustbin sacks full at least, so even on a small scale for peronsal use it would be risky to get em.

On a large scale, a drug smuggler would need a entire shipping container load or something to just to get a kilo or two of finished product.

Also, if busted, no doubt the entire weight of the leaves would be taken as the weight of cocaine (you know, like the entire weight of cut is counted even if purity is 5% etc), so you might get done for importing a hell of a lot more than the processed product you would get.

Oh, I thought you meant chocolate tea!
I've been drinking this at work from the machine -
one tea cartridge
one chocolate
and a touch of milk to taste

Skyline_GTR said:
^Probably because coca leaves are Class A and because leaves are so bulky in any significant weight that they're not practical to conceal or smuggle. A kilo of leaves must be a couple of dustbin sacks full at least, so even on a small scale for peronsal use it would be risky to get em.

On a large scale, a drug smuggler would need a entire shipping container load or something to just to get a kilo or two of finished product.

Also, if busted, no doubt the entire weight of the leaves would be taken as the weight of cocaine (you know, like the entire weight of cut is counted even if purity is 5% etc), so you might get done for importing a hell of a lot more than the processed product you would get.

Well this is the thing though, the coca tea bags themselves are being successfully purchased by UKers at least off one seller on ebay. I've got mental images of an grandma getting raided by HMRC now and charged with trafficking of class A drugs while she pours a cup of tea lol. And would customs really pull a sealed amazon.com box with official paperwork? I could of easily ordered 1kg of the teabags off amazon.com, no warnings whatsoever.

Even still; in the US the tea bags are completely legal yet it doesn't seem to be getting done on any large scale.

It also beggars belief that the US spends $100m+ on coca crop fumigation in colombia yet you can get the very leaves they are spending so much on combating on amazon.com 8(

Coca tea??

No, you cannot get one kilo of coca tea from Amazon, the purchases are limited, you can only buy a maximum amount of 8 100ct boxes in a 45 days period, they control by account, credit card, household, name, last name, zip code and even area!.

No , you cannot make cocaine from dried coca leaf; coca tea is crushed coca leaf, over dried and bagged. it does contain the cocaine alkaloid but it is under the permitted by the Articles 23 - 27 of the Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs .

Boxes mailed from countries as Bolivia, Peru , Ecuador and Colombia have a big chance to be open and the merchandise sized at custom. They cannot open a box from Amazon.com , the company backs up their content for custom control. In order to import coca tea into the United States, the tea goes through industrial and quality control, coca tea is sold as a gourmet tea and sales are strictly controlled, same system used by coca cola to import coca leaf to prepare coke syrup

You can read more at: http://www.mysteriousbolivia.blogspot.com/
that is the blog of the independent distributor of coca tea in US, yes they ship worldwide and they have a great feedback, I personally do not trust ebay
Ana

Last edited:
^ Article 27 states that coca leaf products contain no cocaine alkaloids, so I'm guessing the ones on Amazon don't contain any, and indeed none appears in the constituent analysis that Amazon gives of the tea.

I've bought a lot of coca tea from Amazon, and I cannot imagine the DEA cares or they'd have asked Amazon to remove the items by now. They've been selling them openly for quite a while.

Like willow said, it's not feasible to make real money by extracting the cocaine from coca tea. If you attracted suspicion by ordering too regularly or ordering huge amounts, you'd definitely be prosecuted for possession, manufacture, conspiracy, intent to sell, etc. of cocaine and they'd use the entire weight of the coca tea bags when giving you a mandatory minimum sentence. You'd probably be doing 25 to life for extracting recreational/retail amounts of cocaine.

Skyline, I don't think they want to publicize the fact that their coca tea contains cocaine. It's very unlikely that it doesn't, because you can purchase the same brand name products that they sell in Bolivia, Peru, Colombia, etc. The packaging looks identical, and I've never heard of decocainized coca tea being sold in tea bags anywhere in the world.

They cannot open a box from Amazon.com

HM Customs can open whatever they see fit & no amount of whinging by an online firm is going to stop them if they've decided to. The customs have more power than just about any other enforcement agency going, even the Inland Revenue's powers pale by comparison...

Last edited:
^ Short of a 'state of emergency' that's true ! Customs are almost above the law in usual sense of the word. Including the right to seize ( without warrant) your entire assetts, as they see fit.

I've had coca tea seized by UK customs twice. Although they only confiscated it and didn't prosecute me, it was still stressful: there's always a fear that it might lead to a knock on the door.

Coca tea is a nice enough buzz but I think most people would get a little bored with it after a few tries.

So what's the science behind them?

Could someone with knowledge explain exactly what is in these coca tea bags and what effects it would have, if any? I'm a click away from buying some but I can't help thinking that it's just a placebo.