Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

TV: Corner Gas (Canada, eh?)

SA

Bluelight Crew
Corner Gas

B00083BK94.01-A1B3J5I78TWGTA._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Corner Gas is a Canadian situation comedy which has aired on CTV and The Comedy Network since 2004. Deriving its name from the roadside gas station located in the fictional town of Dog River, the series revolves around life in small-town Saskatchewan. It has been compared to Seinfeld for its dry sense of humour and its plots that are "about nothing," and to Scrubs for its use of surreal escapism through characters' thoughts.

Corner Gas is the only gas station for 60 kilometres in any direction (according to the first season episode "The Taxman"). Brent Leroy is the proprietor of the station and Wanda works at the station's convenience store as a retail assistant. An adjoining coffee shop (The Ruby) is owned by Lacey Burrows. (wiki)

====================================

To me, this show has the feel of a compressed version of Northern Exposure. If you've never heard of it, I recommend you sample Episode 1 of Season 1.

This is one show i really didnt like. I only watched a few episodes but i just didnt like it. I found it boring.

Trailer park boys is my favorite canadian show. It's possibly one of the best shows ever made. It's just to bad that the last few season's they upped the budget and kind of ruined the show.

Corner Gas, in my opinion, is one of the funniest shows on television, American or Canadian. You need to invest in more than a few shows to know the characters. The humour, the writing, the dead pan acting, is all great and makes the show work.
Trailer Park Boys is also very funny. And same thing applies, you need to invest in more than a few shows to "get it". Love both shows.