• AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Teenage dealers hit the nightclubs

dls

Bluelighter
News: Teenage dealers hit the nightclubs - Herald Sun, Saturday 14 October 2006

Teenage dealers hit the nightclubs said:
By Jane Metlikovec, Shannon McRae and Paul Anderson
October 14, 2006 12:00am

DRUGS have become rampant at Melbourne's hottest nightclubs, with buying, selling and using taking place virtually unchecked.

A Herald Sun Insight team witnessed blatant drug dealing and consumption at the trendy Q Bar and Revolver in the Chapel St club district.

It saw some staff at Revolver warn patrons undercover police had arrived to look for drugs.

Insight spoke to a teenage drug dealer in Q Bar who had just sold 20 ecstasy tablets in two hours.

The Kew woman, 19, said she expected to make at least $1000 selling drugs that night, and she did so regularly.

She and other pill pushers in Q Bar are allowed into VIP areas behind barriers that separate them from the rest of the club.

Insight also watched as some security staff at Q Bar allowed men and women to enter single toilet cubicles together.

Drug-takers told Insight they used toilet seats and cubicle shelves to prepare and snort cocaine and speed.

One drug user allowed Insight to photograph her stash of speed and ecstasy in the Q Bar toilets.

Q Bar manager Stewart Brasier acknowledged drugs were a problem.

"We're always vigilant but drugs are a problem right across the board in society," he said.

An Insight investigation into Melbourne's nightclub culture also discovered:

DRUG users are popping anti-depressant pills with ecstasy in the dangerous belief it will prolong the ecstasy's effect.

POLICE presence in nightclub districts is just about non-existent after 3am, even though much of the street violence happens then.

CHASERS in Chapel St has a reputation as a club that attracts men looking for fights.

MANY young women are too scared to visit clubs without a posse of friends for protection.

PUMPED-UP men prowling dance floors looking for fights are ruining the nights of other patrons.

Kristy, 19, told Insight she regularly reaped at least $1000 a night by selling ecstasy at Q Bar.

She had sold 20 "Yellow Swan" pills, worth $30 each, in two hours when Insight spoke to her.

"I've got lots of happy customers," she said.

Paramedic Alan Eade told Insight drug use was rampant in Melbourne's club scene and was causing all sorts of problems for ambulance crews.

He said the most dangerous narcotics users were the ones high on amphetamines and cocaine, particularly those on the more aggressive psycho-stimulant methamphetamine.

"Those who binge usually start on a Thursday or a Friday night and go straight through," Mr Eade said.

Mr Eade said a disturbing new trend involved drug bingers taking anti-depressants to replenish the neuro-transmitter seratonin in their brains in the dangerous hope it would prolong the effect of the drug.

"That only buys them another 24 hours, then there's just no seratonin left and they're in a world of trouble," he said.

"They get super hot and our attention is usually brought to them because they start fitting, and it's very hard for us to stop them fitting."

Chasers part-owner Martha Tsamis defended the club as one of Melbourne's safest.

"We're very anti-drugs," Ms Tsamis said. "Staff and management here are very strict. But drugs are a social problem. Some people will use them."

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20578587-421,00.html

Also if you browsed through Saturday's Herald Sun you would have seen a blurb relating to this article on Page 3. Then a double layout on Pages 28 and 29 with an extended version of this article plus a couple of other small related articles.

Last edited:
lol...

"im a drug dealer, so i am special"

for the 101 of us who decided dealing pills was cool at some stage, we all quickly got over it.

fucking hell - this hsit makes me sad - ppl go braggin "im a pill dealer, i sold 20 pills"... like that is some kind of achievment.. fuckheads - they deserve to be done... and the morons supplying then - evidently the dickheads supplyin these n00bs should do the dirty work themselves they'll prolly be less likely to be done.

Some A grade bullshit in there also.

ROLF! Great article! What the fuck is the Herald Sun insight team8(
I've been to all those places on occassions and yep, just like everyehere I go out I see drug dealing in the open pretty much. Ppl who deal in clubs are pretty foolish, sooner or later someones gonna catch them and I think after 6months of doing so most realise this..my dd did.
They better not use this article to drum up support for allowing dogs free reign inside venues!:X

Lol @ 20 pills. Omg, like, that's such a massive amount 8o

Hahaha, and it'd make more sense if they gave the profit made rather than just the revenue.

as if you'd let people from a newspaper photograph your stash...... they mustn't like the clubs they go to, surely it's plain to see that an article like this will create more harm than good. Why would you help them with that?

"DRUG users are popping anti-depressant pills with ecstasy in the dangerous belief it will prolong the ecstasy's effect."

Anyone think these idiots are actually taking SSRI's with pills or is pre-loading with 5-HTP becoming more common?

yossarian_is_sane! said:
"DRUG users are popping anti-depressant pills with ecstasy in the dangerous belief it will prolong the ecstasy's effect."

Anyone think these idiots are actually taking SSRI's with pills or is pre-loading with 5-HTP becoming more common?

They must mean 5-HTP because most SSRI's will diminish pretty much all effects of a pill.

20 pills... congratulations, i'll give her a "I ran a race" sticker that i used to get in primary school for athletics carnivals...

shocking!8o I know a 16 year old girl who makes well over $1000 a nite with her boyfriend. Its not uncommon for people in their teens to realise this is an easy way to make a bit of money

smokin' joe said:
as if you'd let people from a newspaper photograph your stash...... they mustn't like the clubs they go to, surely it's plain to see that an article like this will create more harm than good. Why would you help them with that?

Yes this is my lament. What do they think is going to happen? Its Illegal! Lets show the Media!!!

Pretty low naming specific clubs in that artical too.... If I was a venue owner/manager I'd be pretty pissed off about that.

I like how they at first stated her gender and age only. Then her age and location. Then her age and first name...... Nice work dumbarses.

Still, shes a dumb bitch for being a try-hard 'dealer' and trying to look cool in the papers.....

"Yeah, fully bro. I sold like 20 pills eh! I = teh shizzle!!!!!!111!!!" :8

trancegirle said:
shocking!8o I know a 16 year old girl who makes well over $1000 a nite with her boyfriend.

Is this profit or just some 16 year old thinking they have hit the big time because they can move 30 bics by the single . 8)

beamers said:
10$ on 30 single is more money than 10 hours flipping burgers.

Lucky for me I haven't had to flip burgers and even if I did, it would be better then getting a drug conviction for a few measly dollars. Which, in time will happen to people selling in clubs. 8)

The anti depressant comment is about MAOI drugs... not SSRIs...

I think that needs clarification.

Any news body that would allow an article to go to print or online with serotonin spelt seratonin, carries about as much weight as a line on a toilet seat IMO. Sensationalistic crap. If there is any truth to the claims, then give the article maximum chance at being taken seriously by getting the f#@%ing spelling right.

zaineaol.nu said:
The anti depressant comment is about MAOI drugs... not SSRIs...

I think that needs clarification.

If that's correct then these people are more fucking stupid than i thought. I've definately seen a rise in the popularity of pre-loading 5-HTP around my area... so i was hoping it would be that.

FFS, not this shit again.

The Insight team have a history with this sort of things.

NEWS: Herald Sun - 03/10/2006 "Melbourne's mean streets"
NEWS: Party drug claims Victorian Life
NEWS: [Herald Sun] - 22/08/2005 ' VIPs shamed on cocaine'
NEWS - Herald Sun 20/6/03 - Dealers Infest Nightclubs

I guess now that the rave scene has been sufficiently demonised, they are starting to turn their sights on more mainstream nightclubs. It's no secret that a great deal of drugs are consumed on Chapel St every weekend, nor is it a secret which establishments it happens in either.

Still, it's absurd just how stupid some of these people are, openly bragging to journalists about their drug dealing.

lil angel15 said:
Is this profit or just some 16 year old thinking they have hit the big time because they can move 30 bics by the single . 8)

nah i met her thru her boyfriend who's a lot older and moves a lot more than 30 bics. He got her into it so she sort of does the running for him. Its a bit messed up how young she is and how far she's already in it