Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS - Aussies warned not to import party pills from NZ

Coaster_Roller

Bluelighter
I don't know if anybody here has tried these things before, I personally think they don't work but read this anyway.

Australians are being warned they face jail sentences if caught importing party pills from New Zealand.

The benzylpiperazine-based pills are widely available in New Zealand, both in shops and online, but are banned in some Australian states including New South Wales.

Sydney drug squad commander, Detective Superintendent David Laidlaw, said New South Wales residents found in possession of the synthetically produced drugs faced two years in jail.

"We have identified a number of New Zealand-based companies advertising on the Internet, which are supplying residents across Australia with these products," he told the Sydney Morning Herald.

Not all websites selling the pills advise overseas purchasers to check whether or not they are banned in their countries.

Some of the pills were being marketed as being particularly strong, including one called "Bolts", which was described as being "like a lightning bolt of pure energy straight to your brain".

"Bolts are guaranteed to make your jaws clench, your hair stand on end and your feet want to hit the dance floor," a website said.

"Bolts are the strongest energy pills legally available in the world today."

Police said benzylpiperazine was a synthetic drug developed as a potential antiparasitic agent and could produce an increased heart rate, nausea, headaches, fatigue, insomnia, seizures, confusion and mild memory loss.

Here is the link http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3825330a10,00.html

Last edited:
Thanks for posting Coaster_Roller. Could you provide a link to your source please?

The Townsville Bulletin also contained a related article in yesterday's online edition:

Police warning on party drugs
Lucy Bennett
10oct06

POTENTIALLY fatal drugs that are legal in New Zealand but banned in Australia are being ordered over the internet and sent here through the post.

Police today warned that possession of the synthetic benzylpiperaznie-based (BZP) products attracted a two-year prison term.

The drugs, which can be bought over the counter at speciality shops in New Zealand, are marketed on websites under names such as Dark Angel, Grin, Red Hearts, Majik, Kandi, Frenzy, Altitude and Humma.

BZP was originally developed as an anti-parasitic agent.

A check of the internet today revealed at least four New Zealand-based websites selling the drugs and offering to post them anywhere in the world.

NSW drug squad commander Detective Superintendent David Laidlaw said law enforcement agencies in both countries were speaking to the companies involved to make them aware it was illegal to send the drugs to people in NSW.

"While these companies have not broken any laws in New Zealand, NSW residents receiving packages of tablets containing BZP face prosecution and possible jail time," he said.

The drugs could produce increased heart rate, nausea, headache, fatigue, insomnia, seizures, confusion and memory loss.

There had been at least one death linked to BZP, Det-Supt Laidlaw said.

"We are concerned that NSW residents ordering these tablets over the internet are unaware of it being illegal to possess.

"People are also jeopardising their lives by using these tablets and we strongly warn residents against purchasing or using them," he said.

Link

Thanks Tronica

Like many I guess, I'd been wondering if there had been any comments made from Australian authorities to the New Zealand Government or the companies selling party pills. I guess a few are also anxious to see if such responses could bring any pressure on the NZ gov regarding their current policies.

This is what NSW authorities have been doing , I never ordered any, stole the pic from another forum.

Attachments

• dsc07628largekw7.jpg
    dsc07628largekw7.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 195
Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers for posting the letter. I bet theres a few people freaking out when they received that in the post.

interesting really.

we need some other sites to say its legal to possess this shit in our country (other drugs) so we can all get away with illegal imports too :D

As I understand it, BZP is legal in some states but not others? I could be wrong though.

I love the "potentially fatal" scare words. There's been one case of a drug death where the person had taken BZP. They'd also taken MDMA, and they died from good old water intoxication. Probably caused by the MDMA. Given that thousands of Kiwis take BZP every week, I'd say the risks are fairly low..

"widely available in New Zealand, both in shops and online, but are banned in some Australian states including New South Wales. "

does anyone know which states they are banned in exactly?

Sim0n said:
As I understand it, BZP is legal in some states but not others? I could be wrong though.

Duh. Which was in the original article, if I'd read it rather than skimming.

Email from a partypills company

after reading this thread yesterday I thought I would see what a partypills company would say if I asked them if they post to Aus. This was their response...note the bad spelling lol...

>Hi

>Yes we ship to Aussie all the time.
> There is no problem there. If it was taken at customs we would
>not be liable for the product, but in saying that we havent had a
>problem as yet. Its only an extra $3 shipping to Aussie so its
>pritty good. I hope this has helped you.

>
>

This guy didn't mention anything at all about it being illegal in NSW nor did he say that ppl could be prosecuted if they have the pills in their possession!!! surely they are at least meant to supply you this info!! dodgy..

Last edited:
I'd say they're all banned because they're analogues of illegal or prescription drugs

goddamit i ordered a gram of mCPP from NZ more than a week ago. No wonder its taking so long to get here. I guess il be getting a letter from customs instead

sexygurl said:
This guy didn't mention anything at all about it being illegal in NSW nor did he say that ppl could be prosecuted if they have the pills in their possession!!! surely they are at least meant to supply you this info!! dodgy..

Its all about the money to them....

I've ordered some mcPP aswell, I'm pretty sure it will be ok.
Customs aren't that great.

Fry-d- said:
Its all about the money to them....

Yeah, there are some very, very dodgy operators there. Some are responsible, but probably not the ones who are shipping to Australia. (Which by the way, I'm pretty sure that they'd be commiting an offence in NZ if they shipped to Australia, knowing it was illegal for Aussies to buy it. I'll look that up tomorrow).

Sim0n said:
Yeah, there are some very, very dodgy operators there. Some are responsible, but probably not the ones who are shipping to Australia. (Which by the way, I'm pretty sure that they'd be commiting an offence in NZ if they shipped to Australia, knowing it was illegal for Aussies to buy it. I'll look that up tomorrow).

yeah...surely if they supply to a country when they know its illegal there, they must breaking the law somewhere??