• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [DXM Subthread] DXM Dosage - How much to take?

I can get minor closed eye visuals from 30mg dxm... it's kind of annoying that I have no idea what dose I should be shooting for. DXM perhaps the only drug i'm actually scared of.

120mg is comparable to about 1 tab of decent LSD, perhaps 2 average ones.. if that means anything... According to what i've been told is an 80-100ug dose, 120mg feels comparable to that,
120mg feels about equal in intensity to about 120mg ketamine, or about 3.5-5g of mushrooms

Can anyone tell me based on those comparisons, poor as they are.. how sensetive I am to DXM? One of my friends suggested I was just being a pussy and should do a 600mg dose. but to be honest 420mg scared me enough, even 120mg is on the verge of scary.

I should probably write up a trip report of my 420mg experience, if anyone would be interested reading. The thing is that i'm not sure if i'm just scared of dxm because it was my first psychedelic experience or because I really did experience high dose effects. Basically I experienced quite intense ego loss, I walked the robo walk hardcore with extremely jerky motion and walked into walls several times. This being when I actually could walk which was only during the beginning and about 8 hours into the trip. During the middle of it, I was so dissociated I could only move my head about 30cm's to throw up into a bucket... The rest of the time was spent stuck to my bed, either feeling attached to a really uncomfortable body load or feeling unattached to my body and floating around my room, or into fantastic worlds that I could see as if my eyes were open.... I could fantasize about anything and feel as though I was there, such as; an orgy, a lush green plain or farm land with a captivating purple stormclouds, someones basement that outlooked a serene blue sky with weird looking alien entities that would tell me about the universe, or floating in space looking down at me and all the pro's and cons of what made me the paticular human being I was.. straight to a down right shock to the core about everything that was wrong in my life (dysphoria perhaps.. or harsh constructive criticism).

See, the reason I ask about my tolerance issues is because, i'm not sure if that first trip was just down to set and setting? or whether I really am sensetive to DXM and experienced a trip of what would be a much higher dose by others. Bearing in mind, I consumed 300mg at 0 hours, then 120mg at 0.5 hours, then threw it all up along with all my stomach contents at 1 hour and began sweating out what smelled like the filthy drink i'd just consumed (or perhaps I was just hallucinating). Anyway, that experience still goes down as one of the most intense experiences of my life..

I've never been one to let fears get the best of me, and if all that was, was a bad trip.. i'd be tempted to challenge my fears again one day when i'm ready...

Last edited:
If I can take high doses of hydro, which is also metabolized by CYP2D6, is that any indication that I'm not one of the 7%?

First, to whoever said above a certain dosage was a Sigma Plateau dose, you are mistaken, and I'm surprised noone has mentioned this, but Plateau Sigma can only be attained through redosing repeatedly. Very likely very hard on the brain, drawing out the high like that. Also, I get mad itchies and rashes, but I assumed that was a pretty normal part of DXM'ing. No?

this was a good read, im about to injest 700mg, i was unsure of this but im definitly doing, last time i did 300mg then 100-200mg about...4 hrs later and i didnt get that great of a halucinational effect, this time i hope too.

Eh, I dunno if I missed something but assuming that the cough gels don't have CPM get yourself about 4 more bottles and go nuts. 400mg is hardly getting started.

Just take a bottle of zicam and your good too go man. (350mg i think?) OR.........take enough 700+ just so ur not able to walk, thats always fun, lol.

What u said about only being able to reach plateua sigma by redosing is very true. I wasn't sure why i kept blacking out during my holes. my 1st experimentation with dxm was by taking the powder. 1st i took 1gelcap...nothing,then 2...nothingmuch. then i said fukit and started taking spoonfulls. I was high for days but no holes.

Then down the road i used polystyrex cuz the syrup didn't taste bad. very hard to gage this way, got much higher than the powder and had huge amounts of fun with this but still no holes

Then much further down the road i used liquigels and still no holes, a fe months later I broke into my 1st hole and OMFG! breathetaking,amazing, awsome,exhilerating. I was actually flying, in this new amazing world, like a dream cometrue. I hit plateau sigma everytime i dose now. I usually take 1 to 1.5grams, i'd like to try mixing it with cimetidine to see how that potentiates it i way 185lbs

Plateau Sigma and the Fourth Plateau are not the same. The D-hole (heh, kinda like K-hole) is fourth plateau. Plateau sigma would involve taking a medium dose of dxm, then a few hours later, taking another, and then a few hours later another and so fourth, and something changes in your brain and you enter an entirely new plateau with different effects than any of the others.

A while back, I took 60 gelcaps over the span of ten minutes, and got incredibly sick an hour later and threw them all up.

Does anyone have tips for aiding in gelcap digestion? I plan on taking 60 DXM gelcaps on friday; my current plan is to take one a minute for an hour, but I was wondering if there was something I could do to make my stomach produce more acid thereby digesting the gelcaps faster. Any advice on taking gelcaps is appreciated.

sigma and the 4th are quite different indeed (i've been hitting both regularly for 4 years or so, call me an addict) the 4th, which you'd get from a single 1G+ dose is more of a hole-type experience, sigma seems more like an intense depersonalization derealization experience as a result of a neural short circuit from compulsive dex ingestion over a period of time :) (multiple doses are required, btw)

Blowmonkey said:

Smoking DXM is POISONOUS. Don't EVER attempt to smoke DXM. No hbr, no freebase, NONE of the different forms of DXM should be smoked.

dextroverse: "Dextromethorphan reacts with oxygen at room temperature, though not at any appreciable rate. However, at 395-397 Kelvin, Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide's melting point, this changes and Dextromethorphan reacts with oxygen to produce some very toxic chemicals. Free ("freebase") Dextromethorphan will also react with oxygen at its melting point."

I use boiling water out of the kettle (373 kelvin) to melt my sucrets before drinking the mixture. This is very close to to dxm's boiling point. Granted the dxm mixture is not exactly exposed to oxygen in this case, but none the less, are there any dangers in doing this, or is this alright? Thought I'd ask :\

Leemo said:
A while back, I took 60 gelcaps over the span of ten minutes, and got incredibly sick an hour later and threw them all up.

Does anyone have tips for aiding in gelcap digestion? I plan on taking 60 DXM gelcaps on friday; my current plan is to take one a minute for an hour, but I was wondering if there was something I could do to make my stomach produce more acid thereby digesting the gelcaps faster. Any advice on taking gelcaps is appreciated.

take them slowly...
i took about two bottles of gelcaps (i can't remember exactly how many) over the course of an hour and a bit...just slowly sipping them down with water in intervals of 1-2mins.
i've yet to chunk on DXM, so i'm doing something right.

either that or i'm just lucky =D

Xorkoth said:
Sometimes I think about how horrible and sad it is that someone at some point noticed that Coricidin gets you fucked up, undoubtedly knowing nothing at all about its toxicity, and spread the word, and now all across America there are kids taking the worst possible source for DXM and getting hurt and dying.

Coricidin is definitely not just the DXM... it's feverish and delerious and feels really fucking wrong.

Yeah, exactly.

I once took 8 CCC's just to see what the buzz was all about(pun intended) and it was this burning sensation inside of me where I pretty much thought of my own death the entire time.

Didn't really bother me, but it just felt so, wrong(to use your word, Xorkoth) on a completely different level.

DXM dosage on 9 hour bus trip

hey guys tommorrow im going on a 9 hour bus trip back home from a holiday im having atm,

i have a bottle of robitussin DX 600mg total dxm, and am going to take some to entertain myself for the ride,

im looking for mainly first/second plateu whilst still being able to be coherent if needs be,

im only 60kg so i was thinking 150mg to start, then 3 or so hours later take another 150mg,
or maybe just go 300mg to second plateau then just leave it until i arrive,

has anyone had any experience with anything like this?
what would you recommend for dosage,

im not very experienced with dxm and have only tripped 1st and 2nd plateau about 5 times,

thanks

Don't listen to him . It's a sick idea .

The only thing is i sometimes puke on dxm . So a bus is not the best place for me

care to elaborate?

Well let's see....

Not very experienced with DXM. Stuck in an enclosed space, which is MOVING, for 9 hours, with a bellyful of a drug that frequently causes nausea.

Not to mention, buses are not the most pleasant places to be under normal circumstances: poor climate control, funny smells, sketchy fellow passengers....

Ugh, I'm getting queasy and claustrophobic just thinking about it. :|

You'd be much better off taking a light dose of a sedative and a 9 hour nap.

If you do a first plateau then you'll be fine, just take an ipod with you.

First plateau usually doesn't even cause nausea because the dose is so low and you'll be able and maybe even willing socialize with people but it won't be like a 2nd plateau where you get confused.

1st plateau feels like a very threshold dose of MDA IMO.

i suffer from horrific nausea when i take dxm, but the amount required for a first plateau on it isnt enough to make even me throw it up. if you spread it out a little is the nausea less? i havent tried dxm many times, but it seems easier to control how far youre going to end up. i think a 9 hour bus trip at first plateau would be a lot more pleasant than a 9 hour bus trip sober.