• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

COLD WATER EXTRACTION made simple(r)

Bless you guys! I'll leave my intro in that section, but I was dying here on these Percodans due to the aspirin. Thanks to the Wiki, I learned that CWE exists. Thanks to Google, I found this thread. 3 pills drank already. Relief at last.

Sorry, I have Trigeminal Neuralgia, so anything to make the pain get lost is A-OK with me even though I'm getting regular old oxys later today.

My tummy thanks you all :D

I thank you for the effort, but honestly do we really want a simple, fast, EZ cold water extraction? Or do we want an effective one? (effective as in removing acetaminophen) I guarantee you, they are two different things. Using two pieces of tissue is a ridiculous method of filtering, IMO

Ive been meaning to type up my cold water extraction method. Super efficient when it comes to removing the opioid and also very effective at removing acetaminophen. Takes longer than 5 minutes though.

Sorry, I have Trigeminal Neuralgia, so anything to make the pain get lost is A-OK with me even though I'm getting regular old oxys later today.

Have you tried Nuerontin? I have severe neuralgia in my right foot which didn't respond to opiate treatments and eventually (huge) doses of neurontin worked for me. It was like I was granted a second chance at life.

Hello all new and had a small question.

I recently been prescribed hydrocodone 5/500 apap. I attempted my first CWE.

I basically took 2 tabs crushed them and dissolved them in warm water. Then I put it in the freezer until the water was almost froze. Then used a wet coffee filter.

Am I missing something? Thanks

I did a CWE on loperamide (I was trying to get rid of the binders and make it easier to plug). I know, some people will say you can't get high on it, but you can and I have. Moving on, I threw away the dark green powdery solution and kept light green clear-ish solution. I plugged that and didn't feel a thing. DON'T SAY IT WAS BECAUSE LOPERAMIDE WON'T GET YOU HIGH. Did I throw away the wrong part?

I cant stand seeing these threads encouraging using a piece of tissue paper... I mean come on, seriously.

I think that the instructions from the old cold water world should serve as the BARE MINIMUM for the steps/precautions that people should use to undertake a CWE. These steps can still be found at http://web.archive.org/web/20061021230838/http://adhpage.tripod.com/coldwater.htm

In short, use at least a piece of tightly woven cloth followed by a coffee filter.

malfunkshun said:
I did a CWE on loperamide (I was trying to get rid of the binders and make it easier to plug). I know, some people will say you can't get high on it, but you can and I have. Moving on, I threw away the dark green powdery solution and kept light green clear-ish solution. I plugged that and didn't feel a thing. DON'T SAY IT WAS BECAUSE LOPERAMIDE WON'T GET YOU HIGH. Did I throw away the wrong part?
Well, first of all, loperamide won't get you high.

Second, you threw away the wrong part; loperamide has very little solubility in water. If you did a 10 second google search first you would have discovered that.

You were fortunate; if you had done it correctly, you would have just made yourself constipated.

dokomo said:
I cant stand seeing these threads encouraging using a piece of tissue paper... I mean come on, seriously.

In short, use at least a piece of tightly woven cloth followed by a coffee filter.

Is the cloth to catch the bigger particles first, so it doesn't glog the the coffee filter?:)

jivepepper said:
Is the cloth to catch the bigger particles first, so it doesn't glog the the coffee filter?:)

Precisely, and it should also be noted that this piece of cloth should NOT be a t-shirt like alot of people say, it simply lets too much through. You need the type of tightly woven cotton from a dress shirt. As the cold water world link says, a piece of plain muslin cloth (available at WalMart or anywhere that sells cloth) works very well. In my experience, this piece of cloth catches the majority of the APAP so I see it as very important. Here is what I think is the best method (without going into alot of the finer details that ensure high efficiency.)

Grind the pills into a fine powder, no chunks remaining. Add about 100ml of water for every 15 or so tablets, place this water into the freezer, preferably with a thermometer. In the meantime, set up a glass (for the final product to filter into), with a kitchen funnel in the top. Into this funnel, place a cone coffee filter that was quickly* doused in iced water. On top of the coffee filter, place a 12" by 12" piece of muslin cloth, also wetted with iced water. When the solution in the freezer reaches 39-36 degrees, remove it and immediately poor it into the filtering apparatus. Let it filter on its own for a while, then squeeze the muslin cloth very tightly to force all remaining water into the coffee filter. you should now have a dried APAP pellet left over in the muslin cloth. To get even more stuff out of this, you can dissolve this back into more water and repeat the above process. Remember during this process that the good stuff is in the water, so the less water loss in transfer, the better.

*it has to be briefly doused, because if you let it soak for long it can weaken the pressed seal on the bottom of the cone filter causing it to collapse and release an APAP'y solution into your final product, which isn't what you want.

johanneschimpo said:
Well, first of all, loperamide won't get you high.

Second, you threw away the wrong part; loperamide has very little solubility in water. If you did a 10 second google search first you would have discovered that.

You were fortunate; if you had done it correctly, you would have just made yourself constipated.

Funny, because I'm high on it right now. However, thanks for the info about the solubility.

johanneschimpo said:
^ Oh damn son, you gots da imodium nod going on? That be some bomb shit, dawg. 8)

no, i've never nodded on any opiates. i made a thread about that once, about why i never get a nod on anything, whether its poppy pods or seed tea or morphine pills or any other type of opiate i've done.

but i'm definitely opiated right now. anyway, i know people don't care and i don't care if they or you don't either. if you have some good pain pills or whatever, great. it takes so goddamn much immodium to get high that it gets kind of expensive, so its only a last resort. it will get you a good buzz though if anyone were so inclined to experiment with it.

jivepepper said:
Hello all new and had a small question.

I recently been prescribed hydrocodone 5/500 apap. I attempted my first CWE.

I basically took 2 tabs crushed them and dissolved them in warm water. Then I put it in the freezer until the water was almost froze. Then used a wet coffee filter.

Am I missing something? Thanks

Yeah you're missing something!!!! About 35 more of those pills!!

It's fucking pointless to do a CWE on less than 100mgs/5grams APAP...You lose so much hydro during the process and unless you're eating dozens of them everyday, you are in no risk for toxicity...

Here's my rule of thumb--If I plan on eating more than 15 vicoden, I do the CWE...If it's 14, then I swallow them all...

CWE is extremely overrated..

Damn i hate Boots for changing Nurofen + from non splitable!. Codeine was my quality of life enhancer-well, i was able to enjoy some life.

I tried CWEs with Panadeine+ 15mgs Codeine@500mg Apap and it's just to mch trouble, combined with if i say take 4 wholes in morning=60mg Codeine, i just get to paranoid about Apap content, my mind going ova@ove 'have i taken to mch today-liver trouble, damn ruminations.

I can dissolve 6 and leave it in the fridge then just decanter off the clear solution, as long as i don't go ova 4gms Apap it's ok.

I could do 6 panadeine+ whole and 4 nurofen+ and that would give me~130mgs Codeine i guess.

Damn i need another script for straight codeine phos, but my hands healed and don't think a doc would give em to me for psych issues-despite 20 year GAD/anxiety runing@ruins my life, and my current, soon to b ex doc seems to think 1 yellow valium is all i need-on weekly pik-up, which will not last a week.

Hate SSRIs, AP-will resort to em if real bad thou.

Brink bac splitables, quick safe-only codeine+fillers, buy a pak split em ~200mgs drink with soda-AHHHHH.

I need another Doc

"Here's my rule of thumb--If I plan on eating more than 15 vicoden, I do the CWE...If it's 14, then I swallow them all..."

Thats still 7gms Apap there-not cool, they say 4gms OVER 24 HOURS-4grm at once would make me paranoid, 7, i'd be to worried to enjoy any gd effects

i hate these threads being reposted on. The max dose of APAP is all over the internet. Dont take 4g of APAP at a time. Its not going to hurt you now, but continued use down the road will fuck u up. Plus, its stupid to say to now do a CWE on pills below 15 pills. You dont know his opiate tolerance. If he was native, that could damn near close set him to CNS depression.

nods said:
"Here's my rule of thumb--If I plan on eating more than 15 vicoden, I do the CWE...If it's 14, then I swallow them all..."

Thats still 7gms Apap there-not cool, they say 4gms OVER 24 HOURS-4grm at once would make me paranoid, 7, i'd be to worried to enjoy any gd effects

It's not necessarily safe in the terms of harm deduction but I practice heavy moderation, eat a small healthy meal before, and drink a gallon of water a day..

This simple method with the 2 glasses and a coffee filter just doesn't seem that efficient, I'm aware the processes get more complex but I WANT TO GET HIGH NOW!!! Not crush up my hydro and throw it in ice cold water.

Just reading this thread makes my bumhole burn.

Damn I wish I had some pills.

PPT sucks compared to some fresh CWE squirted up your pooper. (Don't tell me to plug my PPT. A fucking thimble-full of CWE was hard enough to get in there.)

El Guapo said:
Just reading this thread makes my bumhole burn.

Damn I wish I had some pills.

PPT sucks compared to some fresh CWE squirted up your pooper. (Don't tell me to plug my PPT. A fucking thimble-full of CWE was hard enough to get in there.)

HAH.. This is where I draw the line...What pills have you shot up your ass!!!?? Hydro?