• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

COLD WATER EXTRACTION made simple(r)

Alright, I can do that. You really have to revise the original post though because that is not a full CWE. Here is a reference. You can revise the list on that site to make it a little easier to do for the average person and then ill resticky it.

Last edited by a moderator:
03UTREX said:
I like the simplicity, but personally I'm going to keep putting the solution in the freezer until just before it freezes; that way the APAP precipitates out completely and is easier to see. The more physical and tangible gunk I get, the more confident I am that I got the majority of the APAP out. I understand that people want to get high right away, but you might as well taken the time to do it right instead of doing a half ass job and putting your liver in any danger. For filters I like to use an old button-up shirt from Banana Republic I have; there are thousands of tiny threads packed tightly together, which works perfectly to filter out the APAP.

right on. i find it to be the purest when the top of the water starts to frost. not a big fan of getting half the pill's dose of of pure caffeine into my final product 8(

Just as a side note; the filtrate will never be completely clear. Some binders and trace amounts of APAP will still be dissolved in the liquid. After all, APAP is not insoluble but "Very slightly sol in cold water" (Merck).

Thank you! If a mod says putting it in the fridge helps, then it must be true lol.

lyserg said:
Seeing as how there are many CWE threads made daily im gonna go with your advice of stickying this topic, this definitely needs to be advanced a little further though, putting it in the fridge actually helps a little.

Ok, the paracetamol tablets work WAY better than the nurofen. I got a much clearer seperation of gunk/liquid, and the final result was a lot clearer than the nurofen ever got.

I'm still bemused as to what I was doing wrong with the nurofen though. Can anyone shed some light over why it doesn't seem to seperate properly or filter into a clear solution (or what I was doing wrong)?

from my experience, the ibuprofen in nurofen is just really bad to work with... clumps up like hell and never filters properly, since i started using apap products it became a hell of a lot easier without doing anything different, so thats the only thing i can come up with

however, i never tried any other ibuprofen products so its possible that it could be a binder or something just used in Nurofen Plus tablets, but i dont know

moral of the story: use paracetamol :)

I have heard that certain types of darvocet do not work for CWE. I have the darvocets made by vintage. The imprint code is 5113 and there is a cursive V below the numbers. On the other side it is blank and has no score. The tablet is oblong and white.... my father doesnt believe it is made in the US, and I have heard that the foreign produced darvocet works wonderfully with CWE while other darvocets dont work at all with CWE.

why did i ever read about cwe :\ lycra-blend boxershorts work well for filtering. Doesn't absorb much liquid.

love the consistancy once you squash the filtered stuff

Yes, it will work for hydros. My question is what is the exact solubility of hydrocodone (mg/mL, g/L, or whatever) and would it work to boil off the water after CWE and be left with pure hydrocodone powder or would the heat effect the chemical? Thanks.

Nurofen Plus - I used this for two reasons. The first, it has the highest concentration of codeine per pill than any other OTC codeine product on the New Zealand market. Secondly, ibuprofen is - I believe, please correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I've read up on this - considerably less toxic than APAP.

That means that, yes, although ibuprofen can't be completely filtered out, so you'll never had a clear solution like you should always aim for with APAP, it's not too serious a deal. Just get it as clear as you can.

I would filter first through a clean while cotton tshirt, then through three coffee filters layered together. I assure you, this works just fine. However, I also left the dissolved solution in the fridge for at /least/ two hours, but sometimes as long as overnight. This lets all the gunk settle to the bottom and separates everything else into a clear fluid floating on top, and probably makes a difference.

I'd always smoke a bowl with it as well, helped bring it on. I moved on to bigger things, so I don't use anymore, though it's also worth noting that my most horrific constipation episode (two hours - I checked the clock - in the bathroom in bite-down-on-my-sleeve agony most of the time, honestly thinking at a few points I really might rupture something or have a heart attack and die, and being left with a bleeding ass) was due to codeine. If you're going to use it regularly - and I was really only doing it most weekends - make sure that you're taking fibre supplements with it and have laxatives on hand for when you notice you haven't been in a little while... I've had an episode nearly as bad on smack, but nothing has ever beaten that that.

^
Gotta agree with that constipation point, codeine also gave me the worst time, almost word for word as above, when your arse is half open and your muscles have got stuck in push mode you know your in trouble and it's finger time 8o I ended up shoving three supositories and the whole street knew when they worked, Deffo take a laxative with a dose.

Yeah, my experience was back when I was new to it all and a bit of manual assistance never occurred to me - but there was no 'going back' once things started coming like you can sometimes get away with. I was stuck in there come hell or high water until it was over, and oh god, the pain... I had an episode nearly as bad recently with smack but was able to cut it down to half an hour in there since by then I'd learned that it's better to just say fuck self-respect and wash your hands really, really well afterwards than suffer through it naturally.

And they try to tell you drugs aren't glamorous.

Codeine doesn't even constipate me anymore. Now Oxy's I'm starting to get used to as well.

That's without laxatives but tons of water and some exercise/stretching daily.

Constipation sounds like heaven after the bloody liquid turds I've been having for the last few months due of excessive alcohol and GBL abuse.

i guess im more of a perfectionist when it comes to doing cwe, unless im in some hella bad withdrawls then its more of a race against time lol

anyways i like to crush up the tabs before hand on a mirror or somthing then scraping it all into a folded peice of paper with a card or somthing big then using a razor to get all the fine powder thats on the mirror, then cover it with water like the initial post, and stir and all that the same, only switch up tissue paper with coffee filters

and the container u put ur tabs and water in i usualy put in a bowl with water and ice to keep it nice and cold

and somthing else i make sure to do (not sure if its already been mentiond here i skipped to the end to reply after reading about 4 posts) is prewet the coffee filter with some ice water so it dosent absorb any of ur precious opiates, u litearly gotta soak it tho, dosent reallymatter if u get extra water in with ur extract if ur drinking it but if ur gonna evap it ur gonna wanna be alot more perfectionist mode mainly on how much water ur using

i also run a bit more water with a straw or over a knife or somthin in the first glass and pass the contents of the filter just to make sure ive got everything and if u have the paitence to wait for the coffee filter to naturaly do its thing with gravity casualy adding a bit of crushed up ice every now and then to keep it cool ur liquid should be totaly clear, look just like water, buuut it still taste like u took a crash landing at mach 10 into a poppy field and took a bunch of pods to ur mouth and started chewing lol

anyways just thought id contribute a few notes from what ive learned over the years being addicted to opiates

peace and may all your livers live long :D DOWN WITH TYLENOL DOWN WITH TYLENOL!!

hey guys just finished reading the entire thread

yeah constipation used to be a really big problem for me but now that ive been addicted to opiates for a few years its nothing anymore, just gotten used to it and i go every day or second day too with healthy eating and alot of bike rides and walking ect ect a whole lot of crushing pills up too, gotta work out them arm muscles lol jk

anyways ive only done cwe with tylenol 3's tylenol 1's (the otc codeine/tylenol tbs in canada, 325 apap, 15mg caffeine, 8mg codeine) if memory serves me right... and ive done it with percocet too thats 325apap/5mgoxycodone

but basicly u can do it to any apap/opiate combo tab, pref just those 2 and if u got somthin with only opiates in it already then dont worry bout cwe :D

anyways good luck with all ur extractions guys :)

sorry to dig this Dinosaur up, but is there any way to get the colored impurities out with out Act. Charcoal? I want to make 180 or so mgs of percodan Snortable, but I get the Aspirin out but there is still a couple of grams of red shit that comes out with my final evap! (the pills are red, so its probably some fuckin filler material)

according to wikipedia, percodan also contains food colouring ingredients so perhaps that's just the dye binding to trace amounts of ASA or just leeching into the final solution on it's own... I'm not sure there's much that can be done about that with a simple CWE since food colouring typically dissolves well in water of virtually any temperature, so if getting a bit of red dye in your nose is safe then it should be ok