• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Favorite Futurama episode?

AmorRoark

Bluelight Crew
I know I'm copying off The Simpsons but Futurama deserves its due too! :)

Two jump out in my mind:
The Devils Hands are Idle Playthings
180px-Holophonor.jpg

I love this episode because not only was it the last one but it was hilarious and touching at the same time. When Fry plays his crappy Holophonor love song (with his own hands) for Lila at the end I almost cry. :) Watch the ending!!!

Best line: Dr. Zoidberg: Your music is bad and you should feel bad!

Mars University
2-2.jpg

Honestly, I'm not too huge of a fan of this overall episode but it contains my favorite quote:

Guenther: All I want out of life is to be a monkey of moderate intelligence who wears a suit. That's why I've decided to transfer to business school.

Last edited:
Two of my favourites are:

The Problem With Popplers-I love the part where Zap is eating the Popplers and he says, "these would go great with guacaMOLE". Then the alien replies, "stop eating our young!. And it's pronounced guacamole-y!!!" =D

Another one of my favourites is-Why Must I be A Crustation In Love?

Oh, and I forgot about-The 30% Iron Chef :D

the one where bender goes to hell.

the slurm-factory 'willy wonka' episode.

alasdair

excellent thread! I'm one of those people that can't pick just one...

first, 'Roswell That Ends Well.'
"...this from mister 'I'm my own grandpa!'" -Farnsworth

second, 'The Why of Fry.'
"I'm a little nervous... and I've got brain in my butt crack!" -Fry

third, 'Parasites Lost.'
"I am the lord mayor of Cologne!" -Lord Mayor
"Don't you mean colon?" -Fry

fourth, 'The Farnsworth Parabox.'
"Now, now, perfectly symmetrical violence never solves anything." -Farnsworth

fifth, 'Spanish Fry'
"I think I'll have Fry's lower horn jerked" -Lrrr
"It's used to it, wooooo!" -Bender

Last edited:
wow, this is tough to decide!

the sting

obsoltely fabulous

bender gets made

birdbot of icecatraz

futurestock

jurassic bark (so sad!)

insane in the mainframe (quiet bossy meat woman!)

and my favorite line of all time is in this episode, even though its not my favorite:

put your head on my shoulder

(stupid anti pimping laws! bender, we love you! shut up baby, i know it (all while doing a classic pimp strut-genius))

fruitfly said:
The one about Fry's dog is pretty good. The ending always gets me -- you know, when Fry says his dog forgot about him a long time ago, and then they show that montage of the dog waiting his whole life for Fry to come back to the pizza joint and get him. And that sad song! That episode actually makes me cry!

I can't get myself to watch the ending... I always turn away. :( Saddest. episode. ever.

'Jurassic Bark.' yeah I always felt weird admitting I cried to Futurama while Seymour was waiting for Fry... heartbreaking.

an uplifting episode though was 'Leela's Homeworld.' at the end, there's the montage where Leela's parents help her throughout her life without her knowing. they play 'Baby Love Child,' what a feel good moment.

"Amazon Women in the Mood"

Death by SnuSnu!!

the robot house one (fry in college)
the robot mafia
hell is other robots
jurassic bark
how hermes requisitioned his groove back
the one where zoidberg makes a movie with his grandpa

bender and zoidberg make that series, plus the professor and his cannibalism

+1 for 'Jurassic Bark' as well, sorry for being unoriginal. :\

I love futurama for not being afraid to be sincere and ernest the way it is in leela's homeworld and Jurassic Bark, but they aren't my favorites.

Parisites lost:
(my ancestors came over on the sandwich!). There's a reason this ep was nominated for an emmy. Feels like a PKD story to me. :)

I'll post more later.

fruitfly said:
The one about Fry's dog is pretty good. The ending always gets me -- you know, when Fry says his dog forgot about him a long time ago, and then they show that montage of the dog waiting his whole life for Fry to come back to the pizza joint and get him. And that sad song! That episode actually makes me cry!
I actually don't like that one just because of the ending.

The one where Dr. Zoidberg gets a shot of something in the hospital because he cant relax. Imediately after the shot his eyes dilate and he becomes very chilled out. The next scene he is sitting down rather melancholy and goes "Oh no... Im coming dowwwwn!" I die laughing everytime I see that episode.

i like the 1 where bender is abusing electricity and gets all fucked up, i also like the robot mafia and whatewver episodes they are in

ClubbinGuido said:
The one where Dr. Zoidberg gets a shot of something in the hospital because he cant relax. Imediately after the shot his eyes dilate and he becomes very chilled out. The next scene he is sitting down rather melancholy and goes "Oh no... Im coming dowwwwn!" I die laughing everytime I see that episode.
hahaha, which one is that? I don't think I've seen it.

Very underated and underapreciated series. I always thought the writing was clever and funny. I was pissed off at Fox for not giving it the time slot it deserved, all the while they keep King of the Hill on (shakes head). I was happy to see that, if I remember right, the Cartoon Network has ordered up new episodes of Futurama. Look foward to seeing them when/if they actually get to production.

fruitfly said:

I was just going to put this.Not my favorite episode,but definatly the saddest.The little dog waited on him forever.:( My favorite episode is probaly the one where they land on the planet of amazonian women and they want "snuu,snuu" or something like that.Though I do like the first one mentioned where fry gets the devils hands so he can play the holophone for Leela.

For any true Futurama afficianados,what is Bender's full name?:)