Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Festival crowds make pills stronger

gumby11

Bluelighter
So I went to a certain *promoter name* event yesterday and this is what I experienced...
Had the normal feelings of well being (being able to sit down with strangers and love them and talk ect) once i was up on my mdxx. But the strange part was when coming up when stanton warriors were playing there was a real raw dark energy of the crowd (like a rage against the machine concert) where everyone was coming up hard. Being front and centre in the middle of this steam producing dust unsettling raw power of energy made my pills hit much harder than when not in the middle of it all. I felt spews coming on on a few occasions and had to leave to the bleachers and go sit down. So my question is do a mass group of people coming up on pills like a overthrow capatilism communist one people come up, make You feel your pills much stronger. Or was it just the vibe of brissy and the stantons. Or was it just me. Or is it that ive just shelved for the first time and am rambling bollocks. Have your say today catch it while its hot.

Real men shelve pills

[EDIT: No promoter names either. hoptis]

Last edited by a moderator:
Set and setting, a party during the day, temperature and being surrounded by a large group of people all feeling the same vibe can influence the experience. I think you've really answered your own question.

Or is it that ive just shelved for the first time and am rambling bollocks

Magic 8 Ball says... quite possibly :)

Yep - large groups of people in the same vibe can induce euphoria even without drugs. MDMA just accentuates it. I don't often get it at clubs, more at outdoor things with live acts.

How were Stantons? seeing them this week in NZ.

I used to get charged with energy listening to live bands straight.

One of the perks of going to uni :)

moahunter said:
How were Stantons? seeing them this week in NZ.

The stantons were heavy as fuck. Low round bass and that relentless stanton beat. Held the crowd well. Dom runs a tight shift.

One word - HEAT.

Higher temperatures will always make a pill hit harder and feel stronger. Of course high temperatures can also be dangerous, and it generally gets to the point that you become too munted to really enjoy it. Your basically just surviving in the middle of the mosh. When that happens get out of the tent and take a walk and soak up the atmosphere in a slightly different way!

The collective experience of course adds to it and set and setting is always determinative of the MDMA experience. Surrounding temperature is of course very much a part of the setting.

So true, there was steam rising off the crowd which was packed in like sardines. So i left the middle of the crowd and enjoyed from the bleaches