Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The dangers of codeine shortage & stupid new packs of nurofen

bitchslap_chicken

Greenlighter
Did anyone usually rely on a cheap key to their sanity by way of splitting the codeine out of nurofen plus packs? Have you noticed that the new packaging doesn't split?
I have heard a lot of rhumours about radical christians picketing the factory when they found out what we "no good drug users" were doing.
Well. If that's true...What are we supposed to do now? We're already dependent on it, I loved the fact that I could always just go to a pharmacy and for fifteen bucks I would be guaranteed two nice hits of anxiety-free calm. Now I've taken to taking combinations with codeine in them, like n+ and panadeine forte, but the ibuprofen is probably killing my stomach lining, and the paracetamol is doing irriversable liver damage. Sure, I could just stop altogether, but alas, an opiate addiction isn't really the easiest thing to just quit cold turkey.
I was wondering if anyone else is going through the same thing, if you can suggest any alternatives (apart from heroin, i've tried it and its far too good - i'd just end up getting more addicted). I vaguely understand cold water extraction but it just seems so preposterous that they've tried to "help" us by making the codeine unattainable. I've heard that people have overdosed on paracetamol in an effort to attain their codeine dose. 300mg of codeine per day doesn't do much bodily harm, as I've heard from my various doctors, but alas, they can't prescribe it because i'm not in physical pain. I say it's preferable to poisoning ourselves with ibuprofen&paracetamol, or moving onto harder opiates like h.

8( help!?

Looks like the cold water extraction is the only way to go!

I've never properly had Codiene before. Probably the closest thing i've ever had to a high was when i took 2 panadiene fortes (30mg Codiene each) because i had a splitting headache.

I've got about 10 panadiene fortes left and was wonder what is this way of splitting the codiene you were talking about before? It sounded simpler from your tone.

Also, for a first time, how much do you reckon i should have and anything that helps the high (eg: like e + music = good time etc etc)?

^^ You need to do a cold water extraction on panadeine forte. You used to be able to split nurofen plus in half (separating codeine/ibuprofen halves), but this is no longer possible with the new formula (this is what bitchslap_chicken was talking about.)

katmeow said:
Check out this thread for everything you need to know about codeine and links to CWE info :)

As far as dose goes, I recommend starting low with codeine (around 100mg) and working your way up. I know a few people who get a bit of nausea and a strong histamine response (itchies/rash etc) from a really low dose so it's best to test the waters first.

I normally like listening to chilled stuff or a bit of progressive or psy along the lines of shpongle. Nitrous is a nice accompaniment once you've done it a few times and have settled onto your comfortable dose.

But anyway, read that thread I've linked... I don't think there are many questions it doesn't answer!

:)

bitchslap_chicken said:
thanks guys :)
sorry i should have searched better, i'm new.

PS. Please look after yourself! Now you have the information on how to do extractions you have no excuse to keep on taking so much ibuprofen and paracetemol.

:)

sheesh, taking that much ibuprofen and paracetamol is pretty bad.

I still swear by ascorbic acid about half an hour before dosing. Half your normal dose!

dtasrt_lk said:
sheesh, taking that much ibuprofen and paracetamol is pretty bad.

I still swear by ascorbic acid about half an hour before dosing. Half your normal dose!
where can you get ascorbic acid?
is it sold under another name?

technoHarmony said:
where can you get ascorbic acid?
is it sold under another name?

yes good old vitamin c. I use Berocca (ORIGINAL) it has 1000mg vit c as opposed to the PERFORMANCE which has only 500mg.

I would very much recommend it

dtasrt_lk said:
yes good old vitamin c. I use Berocca (ORIGINAL) it has 1000mg vit c as opposed to the PERFORMANCE which has only 500mg.

I would very much recommend it
haha yeah i just realised after i posted that it was just vitamin c :S

thanks.

i did my first nurofen codeine cold water extraction last night, i used 24 for a dose of about 300mg. this was my first experience of benzos and i gotta say, i LOVED it. it was warm, calm, relaxed and euphoric. what surprised me is the cwe actually worked, id definately recommend doing it.

HSV_6PLUS said:
i did my first nurofen codeine cold water extraction last night, i used 24 for a dose of about 300mg. this was my first experience of benzos and i gotta say, i LOVED it. it was warm, calm, relaxed and euphoric. what surprised me is the cwe actually worked, id definately recommend doing it.

Codeine is not a benzo. Its an opiate

Geez, the lack of knowledge is here is a bit worrying. Why doesn't the OP just get a bottle of valium to kick the codeine ?

I found out about Nurofen + new non-split, after buying their new 72 pill pack, with a new packaging, got home-DAMN THEY HAVE MIXED THE COD IBU, i was pissed,

In NZ N+ is /was the no1 OTC pain reliever, i wonder for how much longer-not with me, i rekon Panadeine+ 15mgs Codeine will take over.

Boots Pharm shot themselves in the foot by mixing the Cod/ibu, no more 2-5 $20 48 pill Nurofen+ packs i was buying weekly.