Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Joint pain after ecstacy use?

deva

Bluelighter
Hi all,

I've read that it's possible to have joint and muscle pains after ecstacy use.
I'd just like to know if anyone has experienced this?
The last two times i used E i have had some annoying joint pain in my hands. The first time it was just my two pinkies....wierd. This time it was (and still is) my whole hand.
Basically I now plan to stop using, because i really need my hands for my line of work and also because my passion in life is guitar playing.

Anyone else had sore joints? in particular hands?

cheers,

deva.

Any soreness that I've had after mdma use was due to the fact that I was up all night walking around or dancing, or sitting on hard surfaces etc. I dont think the drug causes it directly but it's often because of what you're doing while on it.

Yeah I've had some dodgy fingers after a few nights (not consecutively) on the pills. Weird things, like my index finger's middle knuckle would creak when I bent it for almost a week which was pretty dodgy. Could well have been from activities while under the influence however.

I get it from meth, not MDMA.
And after abusing meth it can last from weeks to months.

Never really had any problems with ecstasy but sometimes after I trip I have sore joints or a sore back.

Yea i get this sometimes, stiff back and sore legs and shoulders, im pretty sure its from dancing all night though.

i haev double jointed thumbs and they always go spaz when im on e, feels really good at hte time, then it hurts like hell, just ilke jaw clenches. i haev also had muscle snatches in my back, probably four or five days after dropping, and that lasts for a day. just ilke ive lifted something the wrong way and its gone.

When im coming down off stuff, like mdma, meth or what have you.. I get the odd stomach cramp, woken up with my calf muscles cramping out. I now add a packet of sea salt chips to my 'recovery' diet, heh, dont really get cramps anymore after experimenting with the chips+salt and water. But could be a placebo effect? hmm..

person said:
When im coming down off stuff, like mdma, meth or what have you.. I get the odd stomach cramp, woken up with my calf muscles cramping out. I now add a packet of sea salt chips to my 'recovery' diet, heh, dont really get cramps anymore after experimenting with the chips+salt and water. But could be a placebo effect? hmm..

This sounds more like the effects of dehydration causing cramp, drink some energy drinks like Gatorade or Powerade, or anything with salt.

Yeah I drink water throughout my little escapades, so am guessing Im dehydrating while im crashed out, cheers.

...Other factors may also be involved, including exercising or working in intense heat, dehydration and depletion of salt and minerals (electrolytes)..