• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos What's your benzo dose for anxiety management?

Survival0200

Bluelighter
I've heard about people having natural tolerance to psychoactives, mostly benzodiazepines and opiates. I'm quite the opposite, even low doses of psychoactives usually relax me and work wonders. I started wondering what kind of doses of benzodiazepines people here will need for anxiety maintenance?

I personally tried taking 10 mg temazepam for anxiety today. Before I took it I thought it's not gonna do shit, and it's going to leave me 50% of my anxiety, but I was surprised when it relaxed me and took all of my anxiety away. =D

I was wondering if others are as sensitive as I am too? I mean, I have no tolerance to benzos anymore, since I quit taking them daily ages ago already, and it's really great when even small dose of benzodiazepines make feel all relaxed and fine.

My doses for anxiety management are the following:
alprazolam 0,25 mg
diazepam 5 mg
temazepam 10 mg

I've pretty much quit taking benzos for recreation and now they work wonders for my occasional moments of anxiety.

For a therapeutic dose to relive anxiety, I usually take around:
10-20mg of diazepam
1-2mg of clonazepam
1mg of alprazolam
1mg of lorazepam
15-20mg of temazepam

I am prescribed three 2mg klonopins/day and three 100mg vistaril. However, I don't typically take the full amount daily for therapuetic purposes, though. I find they cloud my memory enough that I notice it throughout the school year. I don't get high off the full dose, but I wouldn't want to anyway. Too many nights of past that still lack well-needed explanations after and alcohol and benzo rendezvous...hehe.

For me, when I use them for anxiety, I use them in recreational doses. I never use on a daily basis, just as needed (or wanted). So...

2-3 mg alprazolam (usually 2mg then 1mg a bit later)
3mg clonazepam
~4mg lorazepam
~30-40mg diazepam

The only time this was a bit extreme was when I was a waiter back in the day. =D

It was .5mg of xanax IR when i first started but now i need 1-1.5mgs to feel what i felt from .5mg.

Since i ran out of my script a week ago and they wont let me fill it for another 3 weeks (45 days total for a 30 day supply!) My tolerance will probably drop back down to right around .5mgs unless i find them from another source.

Im scripted 60 .5mg xanax/mnth

Ive gotten up to 82 pills from the pharmacy accedentally, every time i go there its like a suprise to see how bad they fucked up in filling my script!

No standard dose but I should keep a diary ... situation and metal state dependant.

1mg Zannie
2mg Klon
20mg Diazepam (rarely use Diaz as the speed of action is toooo slow).

So I'd say anormal dose would be the first two taken together subligually. Although I find GHB (<2gm) to be much better and more satisfying (used rarely).

Im prescribed 2mg's of clonazepam a day for anxiety. I take 1mg in the morning and 1mg in the evening. That keeps my anxiety and panic attacks at bay quite nicely.

I never bother taking benzos recreationally anymore really. I have opiates for that =D. Plus i dont want to be running out of my script early and start driving my tolerance up.

No standard dose but I should keep a diary ... situation and metal state dependant.

That might not be a bad idea. That reminds me of myself when I went to the doc to taper. It was really hard to find the equivilant in clonazepam (that's what I tapered with) because I was using a myriad of benzos with differing half-lives and all that. It would probably make that process if/when the time comes.

I have a huge tolerance, and needs 40mg Valium/day to fight anxiety (and 2mg Loprazolam to help me sleep).

I think that the better benzos for anxiety are the long-acting ones, so you can dose only once a day in the morning...
-Clorazepate 20mg
-Diazepam 10mg
-Prazepam 20mg
-Clonazepam 0,5mg/1mg
are perfect doses for someone with no tolerance or a hypersensivity to benzos, to help against anxiety...

3.5mg klonopin for me. Personally I find Kpin to be the most useful for managing anxiety.

Recreationally I take 5-6mg but I do this fairly infrequently.

pyrrhicvictory

for general anxiety 0.5-0.75mg xanax or 10mg valium 1mg klonopin

for anxiety attacks 2mg xanax

I remember back when I first started doing Xanax, I always took atleast 2mgs, and it wasn't until I was sold .5mg footballs as 1mg ones (dumb kids) that I found out how good a low dose actually works for my anxiety. I only took 1mg total and it seemed to work great.

Same thing with Valiums, I always took large doses, until a few weeks ago when I got 10 2mg pills and found out that yes, 20mgs of Valium was perfect for relieving anxiety without fucking me up. Klonopins would probably be around 1mg-2mg to help with anxiety, but I don't think I've tried Klonopins for that purpose yet.

i take 30mg a day of valium and 5mg a day of focalin for anxiety. sometimes i take 10-20mg a day of marinol for anxiety/insomnia

Last edited:
.5-1mg xanax does me good for anxiety with no real recreational effect or 10-20mg valium but there is absolutely NO recreational effect. If I want to get high its upwards of 2mg xanax or up to 40 mg valium.

^ im pretty much the same as ketaman...
currently perscribed .5 xanax per day, was on 1mg a while ago stopped 4 a while, back on again now. wont be long b4 tollerence builds

I get 40mg of diazepam per day.

Usually i take 20mg when I wake up. 10mg in the midday and 10mg inthe afternoon/evening.

This works well for me.

i have been taking lorazepam for about 8 months now, started off at 1mg when needed but my tolerance has risen quite a lot and now i take 5mg a day. I do try and survive a day without any sometimes though so my tolerance doesnt rise too much more.

i am prescribed 4 mg of xanax a day in the stix. i ususally break them in half and take a half four time a day and it works good for my anxiety and helps me to sleep at night, although i use to take them recreationally like at least 5 bars a day. ive grown up since then and now i take them for the right reason.

I'm on 30mg valium/day but was a lot happier on 3mg xanax a day... if i had the choice i would change back.....