• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 2C-E thread (Reorganized)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insatiable

Bluelighter
eyedividerex5.gif

External Information Links:

Focused Discussion Sub-Threads
Please use these threads if you have questions or comments about their specialized topics

eyedividerex5.gif

Original post:

I've read PIHKAL and heard of a drug called 2C-E. Has anyone had any experiences with this compound? I'm asssuming a similarity to 2C-B/I but having done neither of them I'm basing my ideas about it on other peoples reports. So If you've done it, what was it like? Don't forget the dose (Tikal says 15 mg is good)

Last edited by a moderator:
I for one am REALLY excited at the thought of trying 2C-E! Having yet to encounter a PEA that was "difficult" really this one sounds like it could be very very deep and interesting...

2ce is a very valuable theraputic tool, in my opinion. if you are just looking to have a good time, dont bother with this chemical, because you wont enjoy yourself while on it.

Past experience

I've been to some parties in the past with 2CE, but be advised... it is not to be taken lightly... disassociation is common and a very strong type of "trip" was common for me. I've had a great time though in the few occasions I've found 2CE. Have a great time, but be cautious!
Much luv!

I just had a 2C-E trip.. dosed around 13-17 mg.. yeah quite a deviation, but hey, i think you learn more when you don't know what to expect..

anyways.. 2C-E, I found, was very mindblowing, and it is not even an experience that i think can be shared with more than one other person.. when too many frequencies interconnect under the influence of a drug such as 2c-e, it makes things less worthwhile, you end up blocking out alot of the data..

2c-e is simply beautiful... i've taken it twice now and i'm in love..

all of the holes in my perception acid and shrooms left me confused about over the years, 2c-e helped fill them in... it is a very theraputic tool..

I had no stomach kinks.. although i did have some body kinks.. mainly focused in my jaw area... psychological response to physiological pain..

i don't think 2c-e is toxic... seeing as i feel better than normal today.. and i only slept two hours.. maybe i'm just in a haze...

2c-e is not to be taken lightly.. and not something to be cocky over.. it has a way of being like "oh yeah? well alright then" and then you're nuts are kicked again....

fucking great really

^^^^^

Do you (or anyone who has taken it) find the first hour of 2C-E a little much as far as body-energy is concerned? That was my only complaint. The first hour is a little bumpy, though in retrospect no more bumpy than a stiff dose of LSD. Definitely not as rough as I found 2C-T-2. And I wouldn't call it a body-load. It was energy. It didn't feel crappy like 5-MeO-DiPT.

But yeah, sitting still was difficult during the beginning of 2C-E and I had to walk. I guess meditative breathing exercises would have helped, but I didn't try that option cause I wasn't alone. The body energy seemed to smooth itself out by the second hour. I noted some muscle soreness at the end of the trip in my lower back and neck, but I also took a 7 mile walk and I think that played a role.

Last edited:
2ce is the best theraputic tool i have ever taken

it gives me such terrible stomach pains though, that is the only downside

This is making me wish I had ordered 2C-E instead of 2C-I ... apparently 2C-E is much better for chromatography purposes! :D

I decided to start low, with 5mg of 2C-E, since I haven't really read much on lower dose effects, and its always good to start low :)

Well..I didnt really keep track of times, well actually I did have all the times in an AIM window talking to a friend, but I accidently closed it (oops).

Maybe an hour or so into it, one of the first things I noticed was how it made all music sound great.. I love this, since I love the audio/music enhancement from psilocybin or LSD, and it seems like most of the PEA's i've tried for some reason don't change music that much.

Well, after a while I decided, this is kinda cool, on the low side though, so I take another 3mg..maybe a couple hours later. Well later on, i took another 5mg, then 4mg, then another 5mg, trying to 'get up a little higher', so a total of 22mg but, It seems like you probably have to take this stuff all at once, because I really didnt get much more up there. (tolerance already maybe)

There were some unique, but good visuals, hard to explain... Honestly, I had the music cranked up the whole time, and well...had almost all "fun!". I saw some more potential, like it was just back there somewhere...just didnt dose enough at first. There's always another day for that though :)

I liked it, no bad body effects really, it felt sorta good. It certainly was "fun", in a wierd way. Now i sorta see why people use wierd words to describe 2c-e, like ..unique..odd...strange but good..whatever. I noticed when it was starting to take effect, esp. the music at first, I noticed I was sorta rhyming sentences I was typing, I thought "this is good for creativity, like writing, music, drawing/art". I could have easily gone up to a store and acted normal I thought to myself, "hell at this dose i could easily go buy a pack of smokes..but..no...smoking is BAD, fuck that" hehe..

Because of my re-dosing, which didnt do much good, it lengthened the effects so eventually I took 0.3mg clonidine to sleep. Woke up still seeing some trails but it wasn't bothersome. I wonder what dose I should shoot for next..all at once of course.

I have to say also that bodywise 2c-e was extremely neutral. Stiffness on my neck was only thing I noticed, and even that propably came from cold weather. My list of 2c-x tastings is still short, but I have a feeling that 2c-e could become one classical PEA psychedelic that people could make references to. It definitely felt "special" in some way.

2c-e has such a...neutral character to it

I'd like the opinions of some of the other people here who have tried 2c-e. I find that compared to mushrooms, and certain other drugs that cause a 'trip' via 5-HT2a/2c agonist action, 2c-e seems to be somewhat void of any euphoria, especially at higher (16mg+) doses.
I find this aspect of 2c-e particularly interesting. Perhaps this is of significance for some kind of psychotheraputic tool with a low potential for abuse. At least lower than acid or shrooms. I dont know. Its just like there is some fun factor that is missing with 2c-e, again not a bad thing necesarily.
Also, for anyone who could speculate about neuroanatomy, perhaps this neutral effect of 2c-e is due to a relative lack of stimulation of 5-HT2a/2c circuits that innervate the limbic system, or perhaps something else.
This compound is so strange and good. It is definitely for the hardcore psychedelic users out there, IMO. I don't see this drug either taking any other drugs place, its just too unique. I Think it could find a home in the psychiatrists' list of drugs to use for psychotherapy.
And also I notice an anti-addictive nature to. My girlfriend and I (TheIndoleQueen) have both quit smoking cigarettes since recently tripping on 2c-e. We both agreed it also has a "make you feel like you dont want to smoke cigs" feeling to it. I also noticed a reduced need and craving for marijuana. This is the only psychedelic this occurs to me on.
I think 2c-e may have major anti-addictive potential.

interesting notes, I noticed that anti-habit effects myself (and smoking addiction is as much of a habit addiction as it is a physical addiction to nicotine). And yes, it has very neutral character.

I'd have to agree that 2C-E does not produce any particular euphoria, though that is not to say you can't experience moments of complete bliss/euphoria. I have on 2C-E. But in general, it doesn't have a specific positive emotional push like I experience with 2C-B, 2C-I, 2C-T-7, MDA, MDMA, and a few other psychedelic phenethylamines.

I always say of 2C-E..."It isn't good, it isn't bad. It simply just is. But where it lacks a general/reliable/consistent push towards states of extreme euphoria, is made up for the in depth and general richness of the 2C-E experience. These observations are based on my three experiences with the compound, dosages being 16 mg, 18 mg, and 20 mg.

2C-E also has an EXTREMELY steep dose/response curve. Although set and setting are always influences, my three 2C-E experiences were all outside in the mountains so the setting of each trip wasn't that different. Anyway as far as the dose/response curve of 2C-E is concerned, this PEA has a very un-linear one. My 20 mg trip was literally twice as intense as my 16 mg experience. Every 2 mg makes a huge difference. Another example where a scale is a must, and only someone with a complete lack of responsibility and common sense would attempt to use this powerful tool without a good device to weigh a dose.

Although I have no particular experiments with 2C-E planned anytime soon, I look foward to trying it again. I wish to explore "meuseum levels" of the drug. The lowest dosage I have taken of 2C-E was 16 mg, and that dosage produced an almost everwhelming experience. I actually had flat out hallucinations.

I'm curious what 2C-E is like in the 8 mg to 12 mg range. I have found that with some PEAs (2C-C and 2C-I come to mind), smaller dosages can be more instructive and useful than larger dosages. I am curious if 2C-E is like this. Not all of the PEAs I have tried are like this though; I find low dosages of 2C-T-7 to be a waste of my time. In the 10 mg to 25 mg range, 2C-T-7 produces some nice color enhancement and a good body-feeling, but no particularly useful entheogenic effects. That's why I always take very large dosages of 2C-T-7. I wonder if 2C-E will be similiar in that it is better at high dosages than lower dosages.

Any experience with a low dosage of 2C-E will be written up. I'll probably get around to working with it again this summer.

Ok, done rambeling about 2C-E. :)

On my third 2c-e trip, at 20mg, I thought in excitement 'this is like mescaline but w/o the nausea and speediness'. But first, to be fair, my mescaline experience is with trichocereus cacti, which like peyote is said to have its own mixture of phenethylamines that flavor the experience, not just mescaline. Second, while 2c-e lacked the speediness and the nausea of the cacti, it didn't have anywheres near the amazing visuals of the cacti. Nor do I think it had quite the spiritual depth nor level of empathy of my cacti trips. The mescaline has much longer duration as well. For me, mescaline lasts about 12 hours and with residual speediness its usually another six hours before I can fall asleep, making it T+18 to sleep. With 2c-e the trip is over in about 7 hours and I can easily fall asleep at T+8.

Clearly the above factors give 2c-e big advantage in convenience. With 2c-e I can dose at 6 pm on friday, be in bed by 2 am and wake up and be near fully functional the next day. OTOH with cacti dosing at 6 pm on friday meeans I won't even be falling a asleep until noon on saturday, pretty much making it a spent day. Then factor in the issues with cactus preparation and ingestion versus simply weighing some powder and popping it in a gel cap. These plus reduced side effects make 2c-e just alot easier to do. Still though, the added empathy, depth and profoundness of mescaline for me makes it more than worth while to occasionally partake in cacti, for an occasional religious holiday or whatever.

you know, this whole discussion about 2ce is interesting. since over last summer early fall, I had my hands on 6 grams of 2ce... I had just come back to the US from Brasil, and a friend hooked me up real nice, since he has huge quantities of PEA's (mind you I don't live in the same state anymore) ... at first when I used 2ce, I found it to be a bit much, since the trip lasts so long, and there seemed to be no measure as to just how high I could get with this, nor how long my peek would last every time. I also developed a tolerance, since I was tripping about 4 times a week....
sometimes, I would feel almost nothing from the 2ce, and other times I would just fly. One batch i got was obviously better than the next two I obtained.
But my only adversity with 2ce, is the long duration at such great intensity. The intense peak lasts a long time, and 2ce takes a while to fully kick in, and get you into your trip. I found that 2mg's of risperidone are able to bring me down real quick, if I happen to get tired of being altered for such a long period of time.

Yup, it's a marathoner. I'm almost always exhausted the next day. Doesn't strike me as much longer lasting than LSD, though, and the headspace is much clearer. I think it's my current fave, despite the inconsistency of the trips.

6 grams of it, though, jesus.

For me 2c-e lasts about 8 hours and has few after effects, i.e I can sleep well or function fine after about 8 hours.

^^ It's funny, my milder and less visual trips are closer to 8 hours, but when it decides to kick my ass, forget about sleeping for at least 10 and usually 12.

2C-E is powerful medicine

I decided to put my 2C-E where my mouth is and take the 25mg dose I've had sitting around for a long time.

People, this is not a toy. I experienced the first total white-out of my psychedelic career. I don't mean eyes closed, I mean my open eye visual field actually dissolved into brilliant white light. I could no longer read the words on my screen, and had to close my eyes and go bye-bye for a while. It was a moment of complete bliss and ego loss comparable only to 5-MeO-DMT, which previously was my most intense psychedelic experience. When I came back I grabbed at my body and cried a little I was so happy to be alive.

People often compare 2C-E to LSD in intensity. 2C-E actually felt "cleaner" and less tricky than an equivalent dose of LSD at this level (I would compare this 25mg experience to at least 5 strong hits of acid). Also, it hits all at once, with only a couple of "ripples" of ego loss after the peak, unlike acid which I find has 4-5 individual peaks at least.

What is truly unique about 2C-E, I have to say again, is it's complete neutrality. It tends neither to euphoria or dysphoria. As my peak hit me -- it took me quite by surprise, as the 2C-E peak often does, coming suddenly around the 2 hour mark -- I was neither in ecstasy nor torment, but rather very clinically saying to myself "This is very, very intense. This is spectacular". And it was. A little painful, a little ecstatic, just a very "real" balance of feelings.

Oh, and all you people doing 30-40mg doses of this, either have massive tolerance or terrible product. I would have passed out completely at that dose of the stuff I'm using.

Last edited:
2C-E and the senses

Music wasn't same as it was before

After taking 17.5mg of 2C-E, I had moments where all of my senses seemed to overlap and blur together. Not talking about synthesthaesia, where an input from one sense is perceived via another sense (music generating visuals etc), more of all of them merging together into one universal sense, one unified sensory awareness of everything around me. That trip turned into only one of 2 ++++'s I've ever experienced in 23 years of tripping, and I was wondering if the two were connected.

Is this universal sense feeling something that is needed to produce a ++++ state, or mearly a product of ++++ experience beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.