• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Relevant Help ASAP...Suboxone To Kick Mental Cravings?

the unknown

Bluelighter
A)I want to know if Suboxone helps with mental cravings as well as physical WD. Methadone feels great for mental cravings. And ive heard you can actually get "high" off bupe the first few times you take it. But then it has a ceiling effect thereafter.

B) Also this is very important. Ive read posts that people say Suboxone WILL precipiate physical WDs and some people say it wont. I need to get it straight because i never taken suboxone before.

If this is any help. They are 8mg Suboxone tablets. My dose of oxycodone was between 60-160 give or take per day for the last month. My dose 2 days ago was 60, yesterday was only 40, and today only 20 at 8AM. You can probably guess why i took low doses the past couple days. I hope this has helped to answer any uncertainty questions. I DONT have any physical WDs....yet...and i hope not to but i have BAD MENTAL CRAVINGS that i want to get rid of.

Thanks for your help

-UK

AYes Buprenorphine help with the mental cravings to, but if you are a very long time addict
there is a chance that Bupe wont help so good.
But those people ive talked to have had heavy IV heroin addictions for many, many years 10-20-30 years,
most of them needs Methadone treatment.

And yes you can get "high" of Bupe, but im not sure if you have a big opiate addiction and then take Bupe to ease cravings/mental. Ive been off and on, on bupe when i was addicted to heroin and i did never
get "high" my cravings became just minimized. And when i have been clean from opiates for a pretty long time (3-6months)
and taken Bupe recreational i have gotten high.

BIf you take Subutex/Suboxone when you still got opiates in your system you will be thrown into WD's immediately.
Or you maybe ask if the naloxone in Suboxone may throw you into WD?
Then - no, you can take Suboxone nasal or under your toungue and be fine, the naloxone wont affect you.
BUT if you IV Suboxone the nalaxone will affect you and throw you into WD.

Well like i said i took 20mg early yesterday, 20mg last night, and 20mg about 12 hours ago, so i still have oxycodone in my system. i guess. But its not that much....The last thing i want to do is be throwin into physical WDs. But if it will help my cravings then im willing to take it.

Its basically like i dont want 2 try it bc im afraid of precipiated WDs but at the same time i want these cravings to go away. Plus im beginning to feel bone pain in my legs and back but i dont know if thats from "anything" or not.

the unknown said:
Well like i said i took 20mg early yesterday, 20mg last night, and 20mg about 12 hours ago, so i still have oxycodone in my system. i guess. But its not that much....The last thing i want to do is be throwin into physical WDs. But if it will help my cravings then im willing to take it.

Its basically like i dont want 2 try it bc im afraid of precipiated WDs but at the same time i want these cravings to go away. Plus im beginning to feel bone pain in my legs and back but i dont know if thats from "anything" or not.

To reiterate what the above poster said, the reason someone is thrown into withdrawl when they take suboxone too early is because buprenorphine has a higher affinity for the opiate receptors than oxy/ other opiates so it detaches the opiate from your receptor and replaces it with itself. This throws the person into withdrawl but they can get over it if they wait a little while longer and dose more bupe. Naloxone is almost inactive orally (2% oral bioavailability) so its only in there to scare people away from IVing it, and even then most of the naloxone doesnt get absorbed because of bupe's high affinity. If you wait ~20 hours from your last oxy dose you will not be thrown into withdrawl, because your already in withdrawl obviously. Bupe does help somewhat with mental craving for some with lower habits like yourself but it didnt for me at all although i had a relatively large IV heroin/ hydromorphone/ oxy habit. I would say take 4mgs 20 hours after your dose and see how that hold you, add 2mgs if you really need to and then dose 2-4 mgs the next few days decreasing as time goes on.

buph took away all of my mental cravings, and i also avoided withdrawel entirely.
but, i waited about 36 hours since my last oxy dose...
i was taking 400mg of oxy per day.

it is not the naloxone in suboxone that causes the withdrawel symptoms if you take it too soon.
any form of buph will throw you into withdrawel if you do not wait until the withdrawel starts...
the naloxone in suboxone does precipate withdrawel if you iv, or snort the drug...

I've read on numerous occassions that the degree of W/D when going from an opiate agonist to bupe is very much conditional on the amount of opiate that one is using.

On that basis, I really wouldn't worry too much. (i.e. In the general scheme of things, 20mg of oxycodone really doesn't constitute heavy use.) Considering the volume of your use and the relatively short half-life of oxycodone (~3.5 hours) I would think 24 hours after your last dose would be more than enough time to assure a smooth transition.

its been about ~20 hours since my last dose of OXY and i feel alittle bone pain in my legs and back, but i always get that when im not on oxy so i dont know if its physical WDs. The only real thing i feel is mental cravings.

like i said i been using oxy for 3.5 years 10mg about half the days for alittle less than 3 yrs. For the past 8 months i worked up to 40mg tolerance and 60-160 daily for the past month or so. I never went long enough to see any symptons and its been almost a day since i dosed and that dose was low. I really dont feel anything, but i think i should feel WDs after what every1 has said. Not that i want to haha....

Grr i cant sleep its 5am, im taking 100mg of diphenhydramine.

Oh not to mention im clean out of my xanax script so taking that for 2months at 1-3mg per day...i dont know if i should feel withdrawls from that. Its been 4 days and i really didnt feel anything but iwas also doin oxycodone so it prolly masked the symptons of anxiety etc...

This sucks.

-UK

A couple more Q's

C1) If i dont feel physical WDs but i still wait 24-48 hrs after my last dose, will i be thrown into physical WDs? B/C like i said its been almost 24 and i dont feel really anything but i dont think it will matter?

C2) How long do i have to wait before taking OXY again say if i only took 1 or 1/2 of a SUB pill. I kno the half life is 36s hrs, but how long should i wait to feel the oxy and not waste it.

C3) How much sub should i take i heard 8mg was alot and i dont have a huge heroin habit so i was thinking 4mg or 2mg? My tolerance is 30-40mg to feel good but not be wrecked. I dont want to take too much and be sick or god forbid OD since it cant easily be reversed.

i had that happen to me.. i waited about 36 hours, and didnt really feel any withdrawel when i took the first dose.
not only did it not throw me into withdrawel, but, it actually got me very high... in the best way possible. it was like a totally blissful high.
i never felt that kind of high again from buph, or any other drug..
but.. i have also experienced taking buph way too early...like 6hours...and it was hell

cuegis said:
the naloxone in suboxone does precipate withdrawel if you iv, or snort the drug...
Actually people ive talked to have said that you can snort Suboxone, the naloxone is hardly, or even active. Its just the IV route it becomes active.

The last time i was thrown into WD's because of Subutex was one time i woke up having no heroin left. I think it had been like 8-10h since my last heroin fix and when i woke up i took a shot of ~4mg Subutex and 5mins later
i was WD'ing SO bad. But i had been doing atleast 1gram of IV heroin/day for a couple of years.

the unknown said:
A couple more Q's

C1) If i dont feel physical WDs but i still wait 24-48 hrs after my last dose, will i be thrown into physical WDs? B/C like i said its been almost 24 and i dont feel really anything but i dont think it will matter?

C2) How long do i have to wait before taking OXY again say if i only took 1 or 1/2 of a SUB pill. I kno the half life is 36s hrs, but how long should i wait to feel the oxy and not waste it.

C3) How much sub should i take i heard 8mg was alot and i dont have a huge heroin habit so i was thinking 4mg or 2mg? My tolerance is 30-40mg to feel good but not be wrecked. I dont want to take too much and be sick or god forbid OD since it cant easily be reversed.

C1 Wait atleast 48h, if you feel no physical pain what so ever then your lucky and not physically addicted.

C2 I would recomend you waiting atleast 48h, waiting 3days isnt bad either - the longer you wait for all Bupe to leave your system
the more you will feel from the oxycodone.

C3 Start taking 2mg, then wait 1-3h, if you still feel to crappy take another 1-2mg's.

i will wait, b/c now im pretty certain i dont want to feel physical WDs so im going to wait if i dont get "anything".

Ive heard people taking suboxone for the first time and getting incredibly high or feeling nice. I definitly dont want to OD or feel nauscious as shit.

Is that 2mg your referencing enough to keep w/ds at bay or enough for me to really feel it?

My doctor started me off at 2mg and although he dosed me too early, I did get very high off of it (only some aspects of the opiate high are noticable, the main one I noticed was heightened perception).

Most doctors will start you off at 2mg and work up 2mg a day until you get to 12-24mg of the stuff.

It's very good for physical cravings and absolutely wonderful for the depression aspects.

When I stopped taking it I did notice a slight withdrawal, a little soreness and insomnia, but it was nothing compared to WDing off the real stuff.

It works great for the mental aspect of the cravings. Doesn't really get you high, but it seems to keep your mind off getting high if you take the right dosage. I started on 8mg and it worked wonderfully, occasionally you need to up the dosage if you are going to be on it for awhile because slowly those cravings start coming back. I'm on 16mg now and my doc said I can go to 20 or 24mg if I start to get cravings again.

Since you have to be specially certified to work with bupe, most doctors (in my experience at least) tend to be a little more understanding of all the different aspects of addiction and are more willing to work with you than most other docs would be.

pyrrhicvictory

It's this wait before taking the first dose of bupe that put's me off applying for it through my GP... Fuck, i start to get sick 6-7 hours, from my last OXY dose, REALLY sick after 11-12. Do most GP's script some sort of benzo to get through this period of waiting??, as i bet that a lot of user's give up during this perio (due to WD).

Unknown, you seem to be handling it really well, i hope it works out for ya.!!

hey unknown,thanks for the thread ,my wife is comin off oxy this upcoming week.she has taken 90 to 150mgs a day for about a year or so.she is doin it cold tuekey except for benzos.your thread just made me remember someone who may have bupe for sale.sounds like we gonna try get some for this week ,thanks and best of luck for your recovery.......peace

basically, whether u feel horrible yet or not, after 24 hours or so its safe to take bupe, and you have nothing to worry about. im on bupe detox and to my surprise it got rid of my mental cravings for oc (i would even fucking dream about those nasty/lovely green 80s, and my fear of my connect not being able to come or running out, etc drove me nuts). so yeah just take it sublingually and hopefully it will help out get off the opiate highway to hell.

i have still yet to get wds or sick from opiates. i waited as long as 24 hours and really didnt feel anything but anxiety and bad bad cravings. Im on 60-160 per day. The most ive takin is 200 mg and the least ive taking in the past 3 months is 20mg. So i dont know maybe if i wait another day or two it would be bad i heard the real hell doesnt start until day 2-3. I was fortunate enough to not take the bupe however. Still have some 8s left. I guess tahts why they go for so much, i didnt realize until i started asking questions how powerful they were. I think ill start with 2 or 4mg the first time i need them. i guess also this is why they sell for so much 10-20 a piece for 8mg.

Why do they make them in only 2 and 8mg thats a pretty big gap. I guess they just prescribe taking two 2 mg or pieces of 8mg if you need in between dosage.

^^I get 4mg "pills" from my doctor. They are compounded locally I believe. The are rectangular pieces of waxy material about 1/2" x 1/4".

mental cravings?
not really, you have to back it up with a strong support group, therapy, and na meetings....good luck IMO getting over the mental cravings is the hardest part

taking suboxone after taking any opiate?
some say 12hrs after using opiate, only if you have a small habit
If you have a larger habit I would wait 24hrs or until withdrawals become unbearable to take suboxone and then you goin to need at least 24mg

***if you have any significant opiate addiction you will recieve no buzz from suboxone
-it may relieve slight pain tho, thus you are not left without any of its pain relieving effects

i disagree, subutex has practically eliminated any mental cravings i have for H, obviously i still occassionaly crave it, but not much and its easily forgotten after a few mins. i am really pleased with subutex.