• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Is valium snortable, and would it be more effective if so?

sublingual use is best IMO for valium... No, there are no benefits to snorting it

phrozen said:
Not water soluable. Swallow it.

Actually to the contrary, it is water soluble. Also in alcohol. I just did a quick Google search for "solubility of valium in water". In fact, most users report a more intense buzz from snorting it. I was surprised as well!

I was thinking that if I ever got caught out somewhere with dirty blow, I could just crush up some valiums and mix them in with the speedy blow to mellow out the ampyness. It would certainly make a great Saint Patty's Day gag!

Before I ever learned how to clean up bad coke, I always had valiums on hand for those miserable amped out, geeked out, non-talkative, dirty blow evenings. Good times. 8)

In fact, valiums taken with bad blow make bad blow somewhat similiar to good blow.....................in the most remote sense, of course.

Junk ;)

^in theory that would be great..

seems like you're goinna have to get to the lab and get us soem asnwers..

staminawalks said:
^in theory that would be great..

seems like you're goinna have to get to the lab and get us soem asnwers..

Alright, if you insist, then you'll leave me no choice! ;)

i dont think it matters IME. snorted or eaten, valium just makes me sleepy. but then again, i dont really like benzos that much.

Everything is a more intense buzz from snorting it it hit all of the membranes in you nasal area, plus you just swallow the drainage how do you guy says its less effective

Actually to the contrary, it is water soluble.

Well, that's news to me. I did a quick BL search(plenty of threads about this) and the closest to confirming that, is someone saying it's slightly water soluable. Regardless, that wouldn't make snorting it worthwhile.

Where'd you see that at?

I'm not sure if diazepam is actually water soluble, I did think that for a chemical to be absorbed by the sinuses it had to be water soluble?

I say to take pills the way they were supposed to be taken. IE- eating them.

edit: Of course I jumped the gun and didn't read the other posts. Is the bioavailability of snorting diazepam higher than that of oral consumption?

edit: for certain I knew clonazepam was minimally water soluble, however I know nothing about drugs whatsoever and to whomever takes them...you're all losers!
^^

d g said:
I'm not sure if diazepam is actually water soluble, I did think that for a chemical to be absorbed by the sinuses it had to be water soluble?

I say to take pills the way they were supposed to be taken. IE- eating them.

edit: Of course I jumped the gun and didn't read the other posts. Is the bioavailability of snorting diazepam higher than that of oral consumption?

No thats a common misconception that drugs have to be water soluble to get absorbed by insufflation. It does have to do with part of it but a drug being lipophilic can make it effectively get aborbed. And no the bioavailability of insufflated diazepam is less than that or oral absorption because it has a real high oral bioavailability. It kind of works either way but i think eatings it gives the best effects, besides IV of course and plugging in some cases.

stbizzle said:
Everything is a more intense buzz from snorting it it hit all of the membranes in you nasal area, plus you just swallow the drainage how do you guy says its less effective

No thats not true at all, where did you get that bullshit information? The bioavailability is significantly lower than oral administration in a lot of drugs. Also the only thing that snorting does in a lot of cases is just make it come on quicker. That doesnt mean its a better high IMO.

lyserg said:
No thats not true at all, where did you get that bullshit information? The bioavailability is significantly lower than oral administration in a lot of drugs. Also the only thing that snorting does in a lot of cases is just make it come on quicker. That doesnt mean its a better high IMO.

Quicker onset usually leads to shorter duration, stronger 'hit' however limited in it's duration. Not always true, just in my 'observations'

I was under the impression that a drug had to be water soluble to be effective when plugged, is this true or is it lipophilic or something that's the important part?

Eat them on an empty stomach, almost as effective and quick than when IVed....

sublingually would be faster than sollowing, you feel it pretty much straight away. It doesn't taste that bad either, nothing like Xanax which tastes like absolute shit.