Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

drug deals via technology...safe?

insanit_e

Bluelighter
Is organising anything to do with drugs safe/undetectable over things such as telephone, sms, or msn? Is there a chance of getting caught? I know that lots of these things are monitored, especially at the moment for terrorism etc, but I don't know if they bother cracking down on drug dealing this way as well...

My understanding of the issue is, if the police have reason to suspect you they definitely have the resources/technology to pursue you via various monitoring opportunities.8( I have a rule of thumb, anything you do via the phone, email, internet etc. just pretend there's a cop standing behind you watching your every move. Once you've committed a key stroke, email etc you can't take it back and it may come back and bite you. Not worth the risk.8o Take care.

They definately do monitor that sort of technology to catch drug dealers.

They might not be monitoring your emails/phone calls/sms's but theres the chance they could be monitoring the person your trying to contact.

mcpilldaddy said:
what about encrption?

There is certainly a wide range of software available for encrypting e-mail and instant messaging, I don't believe there yet exists a method for encrypting SMS messages.

Telephone calls are probably the safest bet, unless your dealer is well versed in using PGP encryption and you communicate solely via e-mail.

You also need to be aware that repeated calls to a specific number can be viewed as suspicious.

Not just repeated calls, just the number of calls and sms's alone can be enough. I know because a friend of a friend had the fact that he had 2000+ sms in one month against him.

Unless an email is encrypted, you should treat it as if it were a postcard - anyone could read it on the way from you to your recipient.

Prince Planet's rule of thumb sounds pretty sensible!

I always just make sure I'm discreet, don't use any words that can give you away if you are being watched. Just ask to catch up some time for a few rounds of beer or something, your dealer will know what you mean.

mepat1111 said:
I always just make sure I'm discreet, don't use any words that can give you away if you are being watched. Just ask to catch up some time for a few rounds of beer or something, your dealer will know what you mean.

This is GREAT advice and possibly the only way of not incriminating yourself, in the instance that you show up at your dealer's place and find that you're involved in a bust, you could always claim that you were merely "wanting to catch up for a few rounds of beer and were unaware that he was a drug dealer".

yossarian_is_sane! said:
Yep. SMS messages are stored by your service provider for quite a while after they're sent too.
i heard that its seven years... dunno it this is bullshit but yeah... what i heard. kinda scary if true

Imagine doing a search for "25er" "stick" "pingas" "cid" "biks" "half g" "gas" "ice" etc. and other SMS drug terminolgy on every SMS sent in the past 7 years rofl.

Splatt said:
Imagine doing a search for "25er" "stick" "pingas" "cid" "biks" "half g" "gas" "ice" etc. and other SMS drug terminolgy on every SMS sent in the past 7 years rofl.

Ssshhh!

If the cops get wind of this they could possibly annihilate the drug epidemic in Australia! :D

buckaboo1 said:
i heard that its seven years... dunno it this is bullshit but yeah... what i heard. kinda scary if true

Longest ive seen actually involved in a police investigation is 3 years i think... although my memory's pretty fucking shot at the moment.

I allways tell my friends hooking up to stop writing a criptic text and call them...

at least the old "you home tonight..?" lasts well in the eyes of non commital..

and then if the dealer is dumb enough they can ask how much you want??

then it seems to them that they are the idiot if they get strung up.. its not going to be you "they" are after..

and if it is that serious an amount maybe you think about what you are doing(yes mum..)

Also, deleted sms's can be retrieved from sim cards. It's like deleting a file from a hard drive only to be recovered later on.

You gota be careful, they can track it/stuff. I've have friends that have had their phones tapped- well r we pretty certain- and you can sometimes hear echoing- that's a hint. We are always careful in what we say, how we ask for things, be cryptic, use code names etc etc.
Even if the authorities arn't/can't, doesn't hurt being cautious. Better safe than sorry!!

hearing echoing on a phone is not a hint that you are being tapped, its probably a hint your being paranoid.

I have family that has worked in undercover, they were dealing with serious criminals (suspected murderer and rapists) and since the introduction of the digital mobile network (about 1999 onwards i think) they can listen to your calls without any degrading in quality.

If anyone knows about computer networking, its like your signal is sent to a receiving tower, then from there it makes a decision one where to send it next. If the cops want to have a listen, they basically just join your broodcast domain.

i have heard recorded conversation done in this manner and they are crystal clear, becuase they are actually exact digital copies of the conversations

^ agreed. Echo's only happen (assuming someone else is listening) if they have a mic turned on as well as a speaker/earpice.

^I agree with being cautious for this kind of thing but you do realise we do have strong privacy laws enshrined in our constitution, be careful your not being too paranoid!
Unless your some kind of big dd, or dealing with some big dd the authorities have absolutly no right to listen in/record what is being said, plus do have any idea of how much it would cost in monetary terms and man hours just to sting all the small scale dd's out there. Coppers are after the big fish, the ones they can proudly show on the evening news.
The problems more lie with sms's. If someone big does go down and your connected to them then they can do a 3 yr sms history search easily, and thats how you get fucked!
For phone calls they may have the technology to listen, however, unless cops recieve a court authorised warrent then they cant use any information learned from your conversations with your dd. We are living in a police state where erring on the side of caution is a good idea, however, we are protected by our constitution and basic democratic principlas of freedom which don't allow authorities to go tapping phones and screeing our email... be careful not paranoid!