• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Benzodiazepine Potentiation

Druidus

Bluelighter
Is there any way to potentiate benzodiazepines? Specifically diazepam?

I know that grapefruit juice and alcohol work, does anything else? Would cyclobenzprine work? Diphenhydramine/dimenhydrinate?

What's a good beginning dose for a ~120 pound female?

Cimetedine, an anti ulcer drug available over the counter as Tagamet, inhibits the breakdown of diazepam in the liver. But since this is what the grapefruit juice does, I'd stick to that. If you've never had it before, try 10mg and go from there...but don't drink too much with it. You won't die; you'll just get messy:)

Alcohol is the basic substance to potentiate benzos. Valium 10 mg + 1-2 beers. :)

Yeah, I'm a bit jasoncrest copycat. ;) He just has such a good advices!

so thats why it says "avoid grapefruit juice" on my diazepam bottle. good to know lol. is this dangerous in any way?

Grapefruit juice is one of the best potentiator for same benzodiazepines (mostly diazepam and alprazolam).

Are you sure about ten milligrams? I'm a big guy, I'm not the female, my girlfriend is. I've taken ~70mg of diazepam, and that didn't cause me a black out. I know she's almost half my weight, and I know that I have a moderate natural tolerance, but I thought she'd need at least 15-20mg.

The best thing to potentiate Diazepam or any other benzos is a muscle-relaxant (Carisoprodol, Methocarbamol, Dantrolene, Mephenesin, etc... any centrally acting sedative muscle-relaxant)...

I'm a big guy too, but I'm fine and happy with only 10 mg diazepam. It's pretty likely a small girl would be fine with only 10 mg, but there are always exceptions.

BTW, are you a bodybuilder or something like that? I mean I think it would be pretty weird that a small girl would fall for a chubby guy, who's 2x her weight. (Sorry for the off-topic, just curious.)

Druidus said:
I know that grapefruit juice and alcohol work, does anything else?

Grapefruit Juice and Cimetidine/tagamet make Diazepam stronger and last longer.

Druidus said:
Would cyclobenzprine work?Diphenhydramine/dimenhydrinate?

Any drug with sedative antihistamine properties (Cyclobenzaprine, Mirtazapine, Diphenhydramine, Promethazine, etc...) will potentiate Diazepam.
But thy will mostly only add more sedation to it...

Druidus said:

15mg (20mg max)

Druidus said:
Is there any way to potentiate benzodiazepines? Specifically diazepam?

I know that grapefruit juice and alcohol work, does anything else? Would cyclobenzprine work? Diphenhydramine/dimenhydrinate?

yes cyclobenzprine will work to potinate (in my experiance)

20mg of valium would be a good starting dose.

NoddinWitAcoldBilly said:
when you mix alcohol and benzos it lowers your inhibitions too much, i dont reccomend it

Is this true?

Are there any study or information available to see it's true!

heh... i don't think you need a scientific study. just ask anyone who's ever mixed a good dose of benzos with a few drinks of alcohol.
i once took only .5mg clonazepam and ended up drinking almost half a bottle of scotch. needless to say i don't remember much of it, except that when i started drinking i remember thinking i should only have a couple. the klonopin took away that sense of judgement, lol.
not the best example because there was so much alcohol involved, but i also used to mix xanax with alcohol and the result was pretty much always sloppy.
if you're going to mix benzos and alcohol, you should REALLY only have a couple drinks. anything more is unsafe as you risk blacking out, falling down, telling people how you really feel about them, etc.

I first didn't understand what that means excactly. I know I one took 3mg xanax and ended drinking bottele of vodka and it wasn't only time.

Now about potentation. It's now almost 2h after I took 30mg diazepam and 3mg alprazolam and graipfruit juice and it defienitly makes it stronger in some sense but not much.

If you like to got strong buzz take extra pill... that's my suggestion.

benzo+booz=nono

^---- Ya bro, highly don't recommend mixing liquor and benzo's (especially xannies) ....you'll be soulless lol

jasoncrest said:
The best thing to potentiate Diazepam or any other benzos is a muscle-relaxant (Carisoprodol, Methocarbamol, Dantrolene, Mephenesin, etc... any centrally acting sedative muscle-relaxant)...
Dantrolene, Mephenesin, i never heard of them what they like and where are they from. like are they OTc, or script or can u get off net.
Also what are the effects and also the effects for potentation of opiates and benzos

Could piracetam potentiate the efffect of benzos?

i remmeber one night where i took 6 grams of piracetam, pseudoephedrine, and my normal dose of IV clonazepam.

Somehow the high was much more intense.