PDA

View Full Version : (benzos) Benzodiazepine Potentiation

Pages : [1] 2 3

Druidus
12-09-2006, 21:19
Is there any way to potentiate benzodiazepines? Specifically diazepam?

I know that grapefruit juice and alcohol work, does anything else? Would cyclobenzprine work? Diphenhydramine/dimenhydrinate?

What's a good beginning dose for a ~120 pound female?

hungryghostredman
12-09-2006, 21:28
Cimetedine, an anti ulcer drug available over the counter as Tagamet, inhibits the breakdown of diazepam in the liver. But since this is what the grapefruit juice does, I'd stick to that. If you've never had it before, try 10mg and go from there...but don't drink too much with it. You won't die; you'll just get messy:)

Survival0200
12-09-2006, 22:37
Alcohol is the basic substance to potentiate benzos. Valium 10 mg + 1-2 beers. :)

Yeah, I'm a bit jasoncrest copycat. ;) He just has such a good advices!

FractalStructure
12-09-2006, 22:50
so thats why it says "avoid grapefruit juice" on my diazepam bottle. good to know lol. is this dangerous in any way?

Survival0200
12-09-2006, 22:52
It burdens your liver.

Nof
12-09-2006, 23:08
Grapefruit juice is one of the best potentiator for same benzodiazepines (mostly diazepam and alprazolam).

Druidus
13-09-2006, 00:21
Are you sure about ten milligrams? I'm a big guy, I'm not the female, my girlfriend is. I've taken ~70mg of diazepam, and that didn't cause me a black out. I know she's almost half my weight, and I know that I have a moderate natural tolerance, but I thought she'd need at least 15-20mg.

jasoncrest
13-09-2006, 00:34
The best thing to potentiate Diazepam or any other benzos is a muscle-relaxant (Carisoprodol, Methocarbamol, Dantrolene, Mephenesin, etc... any centrally acting sedative muscle-relaxant)...

Survival0200
13-09-2006, 00:38
I'm a big guy too, but I'm fine and happy with only 10 mg diazepam. It's pretty likely a small girl would be fine with only 10 mg, but there are always exceptions.

BTW, are you a bodybuilder or something like that? I mean I think it would be pretty weird that a small girl would fall for a chubby guy, who's 2x her weight. (Sorry for the off-topic, just curious.)

jasoncrest
13-09-2006, 09:27
I know that grapefruit juice and alcohol work, does anything else?

Grapefruit Juice and Cimetidine/tagamet make Diazepam stronger and last longer.

Would cyclobenzprine work?Diphenhydramine/dimenhydrinate?

Any drug with sedative antihistamine properties (Cyclobenzaprine, Mirtazapine, Diphenhydramine, Promethazine, etc...) will potentiate Diazepam.
But thy will mostly only add more sedation to it...

15mg (20mg max)

geetered
13-09-2006, 13:47

I know that grapefruit juice and alcohol work, does anything else? Would cyclobenzprine work? Diphenhydramine/dimenhydrinate?

yes cyclobenzprine will work to potinate (in my experiance)

20mg of valium would be a good starting dose.

NoddinWitAcoldBilly
13-09-2006, 16:17
when you mix alcohol and benzos it lowers your inhibitions too much, i dont reccomend it

botaanik
07-04-2007, 16:12
when you mix alcohol and benzos it lowers your inhibitions too much, i dont reccomend it

Is this true?

Are there any study or information available to see it's true!

InHerOwnWrite
07-04-2007, 18:07
heh... i don't think you need a scientific study. just ask anyone who's ever mixed a good dose of benzos with a few drinks of alcohol.
i once took only .5mg clonazepam and ended up drinking almost half a bottle of scotch. needless to say i don't remember much of it, except that when i started drinking i remember thinking i should only have a couple. the klonopin took away that sense of judgement, lol.
not the best example because there was so much alcohol involved, but i also used to mix xanax with alcohol and the result was pretty much always sloppy.
if you're going to mix benzos and alcohol, you should REALLY only have a couple drinks. anything more is unsafe as you risk blacking out, falling down, telling people how you really feel about them, etc.

botaanik
07-04-2007, 18:19
I first didn't understand what that means excactly. I know I one took 3mg xanax and ended drinking bottele of vodka and it wasn't only time.

Now about potentation. It's now almost 2h after I took 30mg diazepam and 3mg alprazolam and graipfruit juice and it defienitly makes it stronger in some sense but not much.

If you like to got strong buzz take extra pill... that's my suggestion.

elbroski
21-04-2008, 23:58
^---- Ya bro, highly don't recommend mixing liquor and benzo's (especially xannies) ....you'll be soulless lol

phatass
22-04-2008, 00:32
booze with caution... lots of caution...

tadfish
11-09-2008, 14:52
The best thing to potentiate Diazepam or any other benzos is a muscle-relaxant (Carisoprodol, Methocarbamol, Dantrolene, Mephenesin, etc... any centrally acting sedative muscle-relaxant)...
Dantrolene, Mephenesin, i never heard of them what they like and where are they from. like are they OTc, or script or can u get off net.
Also what are the effects and also the effects for potentation of opiates and benzos

Mr Blonde
11-09-2008, 16:40
^ I'd say there are going to be similar to Soma.

/navarone/
12-09-2008, 02:19
Could piracetam potentiate the efffect of benzos?

i remmeber one night where i took 6 grams of piracetam, pseudoephedrine, and my normal dose of IV clonazepam.

Somehow the high was much more intense.

welshmick
28-04-2009, 20:30
Could piracetam potentiate the efffect of benzos?

i remmeber one night where i took 6 grams of piracetam, pseudoephedrine, and my normal dose of IV clonazepam.

Somehow the high was much more intense.

Wish someone knew a good way to potentiate the effect of Diazepan

Can't use alcohol 8o

withdrwal is a b**tard :X

schneidly76
28-04-2009, 22:39
wow now I feel like maybe I do to much, I usually do around 8-10 yellows (5mg) sometimes adding a xanie bar or some of my temazapam into the mix. I am usually leaning pretty hard though. But that is the point for me. I weigh 185 though so I guess you have to consider the whole weight thing. I also probably have a pretty high tolerence I soppose too. So I guess to play it safe yeah start out small and see how youre body reacts. As far as potentiating the benzos, I have some nuerontins and I was just thinking how that would give my high a little extra smoothness if I snorted a couple of them along with it. I might try that. I have never tried the grapefruit juice thing but I have see the warning on bottles and have heard of people doing it. It might be worth a try.

ILOVETORELAX
29-04-2009, 00:01

well, the best way to potentiate a benzo i find is to take it on a empty stomoch crushed up then get a hot bath, but where this is refreering to a 120lb female, i dont know because I am 185lbs male and my first time was taking 20mg but just to be on the safe side, take 10-15mg of diazepam dont mix alcohol, its dangerous, IMO

gtown301
29-04-2009, 03:59
Cyclobenzaprine knocks me TFO by its self...Idk why, maybe my body dosent like it or something, but damn, i couldnt imagine the Black out that would arise introducing a benzo with it...haha.

Everyones different though

I dont recommend alcohol. Maybe a shot right when you take the benzo and that should be it. Just be cautions.

Its kind of hypocritical of me though, as i have completely forgotten about earlier benzo consumption some weekends and end up drinking the night away. Id think that i had like 11 beers and my buddy would tell me im only on my 3rd. LOL...Those little pills are evil little short-term memory destroyers.

ControlDenied
29-04-2009, 04:44
dont underestimate the mix of valium with alcohol. you can really lose it binging on benzos. especially diazepam, it stays in you a long time, can make you feel very clouded (and fuck up your liver/blood/whatever). i recently took like 100 mg of valium two nights, i dont know howi took 10 pills at once, plus tons of hydromorphone and liquor and pot and smokes, as a result my dick was completely limp for a week or so. dont fuck with your body too much lol. :D (actually go ahead, it'll be a new experiment for future kids on BL)

gtown301
29-04-2009, 05:52
hydromorphone

:D

Oh how i miss that stuff.

Oh ROXIanne!
29-04-2009, 06:19
so between tagament and grapefruit juice....which works better?

ControlDenied
29-04-2009, 06:26
really? i dont like hydromorphone very much. its like heroin numbness w/o any real euphoria/trippiness. oxy is better but its rare around here.

gtown301
29-04-2009, 06:33
really? i dont like hydromorphone very much. its like heroin numbness w/o any real euphoria/trippiness. oxy is better but its rare around here.

What i would do to get the euphoria, I mean, theres some there no doubt...But, i would take a 15mg oxy IR then the hydro. Then id have lines of OC already set up to keep it goin. I just loved the body feeling of that stuff. I got it in the hospital once and i was like WOW.

pillpopper187
30-04-2009, 03:09
Grapefruit juice is one of the best potentiator for same benzodiazepines (mostly diazepam and alprazolam).

how come klonopin and ativan don't carry the same warning on my RX bottles about grapefruit juice

killo
30-07-2009, 22:38
I have 6 300mg capsules of Gabapentin.

I was wondering if there is anyway to potentiate the effects.

I heard naproxen(aleve) works, is this true?
I also heard soda works, is this true? And if so, what is in soda that does this?

I want the facts, I have read about the soda thing everywhere.

Also, how should I take it? I heard the more gabapentin you take the less is absorbed due to bioavailability being lower.

So if I took 3 now, and waited 1 hour and took 3 more would the effects be greater than taking them all at once?

Captain.Heroin
30-07-2009, 22:47
Merged!

A simple search engine result gave me over 3 already existing benzodiazepine potentiation threads.

lenses
31-07-2009, 03:16
Neurontin for the win by far! I can definately attest that neurontin potentiates benzos very very much. The GABA A and GABA B agonism really do something...

600-1200 mg neurontin makes me goofy on its own... + benzos is amazing.

-lenses

vicodelicious
01-08-2009, 00:57
buprenorphine

The Hebrew Hammer
02-08-2009, 21:07
the same warning is not on klonopin bottles because the warning does not apply to klonopin... with that in mind remember this assumption that wgfj works for all benzos is simply not true

leftwing
03-08-2009, 04:32
buprenorphine

as a potentiator? i dont think so. it would be synergystic with benzos but it's not your typical potentiator. your average person who uses drugs ocassionally and looking for something legal or off the street and reasonably easy to obtain wouldn't be advised to source out buprenorphine in any case. it's a strong opiate with the potential for OD when combined with benzo's.

bri2u2002
11-08-2009, 21:54
My use is outpacing my refills. I don't want to fuck with my doctor or insurance because I have a history.

Any potentiator that will help me get more out of what I'm taking? I'm taking like 6mg of Alprozolam and not getting really anything out of it. I stop and about 4pm the panic attacks kick in. Something stronger that might help?

Any advice. Taper down some I guess?

morphogenesis
11-08-2009, 22:00
Maybe you can ask your doctor to switch you to a longer acting benzo like klonopin. Are you taking 6mg all at once in the morning? You should spread it out so you take some every 2-4hrs. Just taking a potentiator might make it stronger but not necessarily last longer which sounds like what you need. I have heard that grapefruit juice can help make it stronger. But I think the best thing for you to do is talk to your doctor about it.

Captain.Heroin
11-08-2009, 22:21
I agree with morphogenesis.

If you have that large of a benzo tolerance, it might do you good to take a break.

Benzos are great for short term, but not that great for long term treatment of panic disorder.

Komatose
11-08-2009, 23:14
I built up a tolerance to benzo's after like 1 and a half weeks. started at 1-2 mg of xanax and got up to about 4 mg. now it takes me at least 5 mg to feel it. so I have just been taking 1 mg lately incase i run into any wd symptoms.

Tear.Knee
26-12-2009, 21:07
I was wondering if I took 5 mg of valium and 50 mg of Benadryl if it would potentate the valium by some degree. Is it even worth it to take the Benadryl? I also have Nexium and I was wondering if that would also potentate the Valium. Sorry, but one more question: Would Prevacid or Erythromycin potentate it as well (and I'm not sure how much either)? Which would be better do you think? I just have a few 5 mg of Valium left, so I want to make the most of them. I obviously wouldn't take all of them at the same time, though! Thanks in advance! Any answers are appreciated! =D

dwade2009
26-12-2009, 21:24
Grapefruit juice might help potentiate it a little bit but this isn't really recommended. If you really want the ultimate buzz, take some opiates to go along with it. Nothing beats the opiate + benzo combo

Link_S
26-12-2009, 21:25
grab yaself a cold one and drink away =D

thelung
26-12-2009, 21:44
IMO the mixture of a nice dose of methadone along with a nice dose of Clonazepam or Alprazolam or even better, Triazolam - that is a combo that almost equals the feeling of heroin IV'd !

Captain.Heroin
27-12-2009, 09:46
le merged

bighooter
27-12-2009, 09:51
im not dicksizing but ive got a high tolerance to benzos.

60mg doesnt even give me a buzz it just makes me a little bit sleepy and relaxed.

Even 40mg and about 4 beers doesnt get me wasted and I can still drive a car on it.

Shame.

Charles Ferdinand
27-12-2009, 10:02
Try Metronidazole, it will potentiate it.
There's no alcohol interaction whatsoever, my Dr. (my dad he's a Dr., not my psychiatrist) disagreed, but I've experienced it first hand, and experimeted in several friends, and can tell you that's there will be no interaction if you take it 3~4 hours beforehand.

Regards!

syndeusys
27-12-2009, 10:04
so between tagament and grapefruit juice....which works better?
Grapefruit juice is definitely better for you and probably works about the same. They're both just CYP450 3A4 inhibitors which causes the benzos to not be metabolized and so you keep higher plasma levels for longer, which is especially beneficial with benzos like diazepam since they have multiple active metabolites.

the same warning is not on klonopin bottles because the warning does not apply to klonopin... with that in mind remember this assumption that wgfj works for all benzos is simply not true

To the best of my knowledge all benzos, klonopin included, are metabolized via the above pathway. Yes grapefruit juice 100% works. NLM Clinical Pharmacology for Klonopin (http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?id=9729#nlm34090-1)

Charles Ferdinand
27-12-2009, 10:12
I've recently tried with Metronidazole, with positive results. If you mix it with tagamet and grapefruit juice I think it will definitely potentiate any benzo.
No alcohol interaction whatsoever if taken 3~2 hours before hand.
Timing is essential.
1. Take 400~500ml of Grapefruit Juice.
2. 50 or at least 45 min later take 500mg of Metronidazole.
3. 40 or at leat 35 min later take the tagamet.
4. Wait 40 more mins and then take you benzo
Don't repeat for more than 5 days max. Always take a break.

Posted in another thread. (http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=479999) Check the forum.

Regards.

rolls_
27-12-2009, 12:46
Best potentiator is a few days break guys. Seriously benzo WD is fucked up, seen a mate go through it and that was enough to scare me away.

If you really must potentiate with something I would recommend 1-2 beers though, nice synergy without getting you drunk and making you turn into another person.