• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Benzodiazepine Potentiation

I'm a small female, I weigh between 105-110lbs (i'm 5'8'') so I feel that I should put in my .02 on the dosage of diazepam. For me, diazepam is very very weak. I need to take 30mg to feel 'anything' from this benzo. However, I would suggest starting with 20mg. Wait a couple hours to feel it out and if you want to, take another half or a whole pill (you'll know). I have a really high opiate tolerance so I find that I can take a small dose of opiates with my benzos. However, if you do NOT have an opiate tolerance I wouldn't recommend it.

Stick with grapefruit juice. Drink a glass of it; don't overdo it. I'd say that the diazepam on its own is just fine. Nothing wrong with a nice pure benzo euphoria.

I can take a ton of benzos, probably 100+mg of valium easy. Drinking is the number one way to make them stronger. Unfortunatly, its kinda the other way around after a couple of drinks. Its VERY dangerous actually because I can attest to the fact that I have drank many many entire bottles of whiskey in the process of taking some benzos. I even have a saying for it, Bars and Bars don't mix. I've gotten DUI's gotten in fights, stolen shit I diddn't remember, woke up in jail, woke up in many places and not known how I got there, woke up in other cities, drunk dialed hundreds of people with no memory, wrecked cars, knocked holes in walls, broken toilets, puked while sleeping (on my side thank God), burned furniture, smashed valuable electronics of my own, pissed my pants at a full sprint, and if those 14 reasons aren't enough just go out and learn the hard way like I did. I'm amazed I diddn't die, I've also drank on top of seconal and OC (thats a whole story of its own). Actually I'm one of the only people I know that mixed seconal and OC.... What was I saying.... Oh yea, don't mix Benzos with alcohol. Benzos really end up potentiating your alcohol consumption while crushing your memory and causing you to do horrendously embarrassing things. If you are lucky, you wake up in jail, and don't end up dying from doing stupid shit/aspiration/did I mention you do really stupid shit?

I can take a ton of benzos, probably 100+mg of valium easy. Drinking is the number one way to make them stronger. Unfortunatly, its kinda the other way around after a couple of drinks. Its VERY dangerous actually because I can attest to the fact that I have drank many many entire bottles of whiskey in the process of taking some benzos. I even have a saying for it, Bars and Bars don't mix. I've gotten DUI's gotten in fights, stolen shit I diddn't remember, woke up in jail, woke up in many places and not known how I got there, woke up in other cities, drunk dialed hundreds of people with no memory, wrecked cars, knocked holes in walls, broken toilets, puked while sleeping (on my side thank God), burned furniture, smashed valuable electronics of my own, pissed my pants at a full sprint, and if those 14 reasons aren't enough just go out and learn the hard way like I did. I'm amazed I diddn't die, I've also drank on top of seconal and OC (thats a whole story of its own). Actually I'm one of the only people I know that mixed seconal and OC.... What was I saying.... Oh yea, don't mix Benzos with alcohol. Benzos really end up potentiating your alcohol consumption while crushing your memory and causing you to do horrendously embarrassing things. If you are lucky, you wake up in jail, and don't end up dying from doing stupid shit/aspiration/did I mention you do really stupid shit?

well that all depends on how much alcohol you drink and how strong your will power is to stop drinking once youve noticed potentiation.. it might only take 1-2 shots of liquor or 1-2beers. i know i can take 100mg valium and start to drink a 40oz and when i feel potentiated i put the 40oz in the fridge for another night.. the point is dont get to the point where youd be drunk AND high on benzos.. if you usually drink 6 drinks knock it down to 2-3 along with your benzo. if you usually take 4mg alprazolam or clonazepam take maybe 2-3mg.. its all about being a responsible drug (ab)user and not becoming a statistic.. thats all i have to say bout that. BUT my favorite for potentiation is hydroxyzine and/or clonidine. or of course opiates.

A xanax or two along with proper doses of opiates is very nice. It always increases my chance to go into a nod, when I'm always trying to do, and can never really achieve anymore.

I don't know where I read this (maybe on Bluelight), but are the GABA pills sold as a supplement a good candidate for benzo potentiation? Because I have some, and that would be cool if they could do the trick. Maybe it was Jasoncrest who wrote about that, I don't remember.

yes alcohol is the quickest most powerful way, but this has also led swim to do ridiculous things that swim would never do. swim enjoys drinking one beer with 2-4 mgs of alprazolam, and then either drinking grapefruit juice, or taking a few tagamet. or course it all depends on tolerance. swim feels good from 2-4 mgs these days as opposed to the 14-20 mgs it used to take swim to feel good in swim's teenage years.

Don't say "swim", we know it's you.

Ça roule loulou? t'as pas eu mon mp? =D

I don't know where I read this (maybe on Bluelight), but are the GABA pills sold as a supplement a good candidate for benzo potentiation? Because I have some, and that would be cool if they could do the trick. Maybe it was Jasoncrest who wrote about that, I don't remember.

Short answer is yes, also take Magnesium with the GABA.

Doses of magnesium and benzodiazepines or chlordiazepoxide produce synergistic interactions ( Potentiation )

Benzodiazepines potentiate the actions of both synaptically released and exogenously administered GABA2−4 on mammalian neuronal preparations but the site of action within the GABA response mechanism has not been determined. Binding studies suggest that benzodiazepines combine with highly specific sites in the neuronal membrane and that these sites have some indirect association with GABA receptors

oh, and yes buprenorphine works very well.
But if you have a high opiate tolerance it doesnt work all that great.
buprenorphine is a weak agonist that strongly binds to the opiate receptors.
Opiate addicts use it ( Suboxone / Subutex ) to help with physical withdrawals.
It only gives you a warm fuzzy buzz if you detox from opiates first.
The buzz its gives is very similar to benzos with an added "warm fuzzy" body high.
I used 4mg bup to potentiate, and 8mg bup to get high without benzos.

you can get Suboxone easy, just google a doctor up and tell him you are withdrawing from heroin - tell him you did a gram a day and he'll likely put you 8mg a day of buprenorphine.

the doctor visits are expensive, but the drug is only $30 with insurance.

hope that helps

Just shot (its 7:10PM where I am):
50mg Diphenhydramine
8mg bupe (2mg nalaxone)

This mornimg at about 6:00 am EST i shot 8mg suboxone by its self.
The high of the shot with 50mg Diphenhydramine 11 hours later gave a mucg better buzz,
Its not like booting morphine-- but it got rid of my mental cravings for some dilaudid.

Ok so I first tried some GABA (one 750mg pill - they're f..ing huge!) yesterday, without benzos. I must say it does something, not in the brain obviously (it doesn't cross the BBB), but when I went to bed, all my muscles where totally relaxed, even more than whith a benzo. So it's good news! I'll post again when I'll add clonazepam or alprazolam to GABA.

Ok so I first tried some GABA (one 750mg pill - they're f..ing huge!) yesterday, without benzos. I must say it does something, not in the brain obviously (it doesn't cross the BBB), but when I went to bed, all my muscles where totally relaxed, even more than whith a benzo. So it's good news! I'll post again when I'll add clonazepam or alprazolam to GABA.

I take 3 of the 750's w/ magnesium and get the same feeling while going to bed. helps me sleep wonderfully.

The magnesium helps the gaba absorb into your body.
High anxiety can cause a deficiency of Magnesium ( I think ... ) so you may want to try it out, even if it doesnt help the buzz.

I had also taken 200mg Tagamet for my heartburn ( Cimetidine ) which i believe potentiates the benzo family.

^ What salt of magnesium do you take, and how much?

Thanks for the tip ;)

^ What salt of magnesium do you take, and how much?

Thanks for the tip ;)

Valerian root has a long history of use as a tranquilizer and works by increasing the effect of GABA on its receptors
I typically take the valerian only when I have no benzos on hand.
I take 4000mg to 5000mg in the form of 500mg 0.8% Valerenic Acids ( The GNC brand )

Magnesium binds to GABA sites and increases effect.
I take 1 250mg tablet.

Magnesium Oxide USP 250mg ( I bought "Finest Natural" brand from CVS)

Ingredients ( I am leaving out the cellulose binders as they aren't important" )
-Magnesium Oxide
-Magnesium Stearate
-Sodium Lauryl Sulfate
-Calicium Carbonate
-Stearic Acid
-Citric Acid
-Talc (Talc is Magnesium Silicate Hydroxide, its a filler -- Talcume Powder :D)
-Cellulose are the binders

Ok I'm an Rn. and I too like my down time. Here are some recommendations about potentiation of benzos or oxycodone ect. First to consider is the when you take an med orally it has to go through your stomach acid which right there deletes 1/2 of the active med. So you will want to make your belly less acidic. Take some mylanta about 30 mins before taking the meds. Better way to avoid the "first pass"*Through the belly* would to insert rectally. the med disolves and is absorbed quickly without the acid worries. Furthermore, if none of those seem doable. Just put the med under the tongue (sublingually) and let it dissolve it too is very vascular and is absorbed quickly. Also chew an asprin 10 mins before taking the med. It thins the blood and makes the transport of the med to the approproate binding areas easier.

Ok so I bought some mephenesin (Decontractyl), it's the best OTC muscle relaxant available here in France. Expensive though. Anyway, took two 500mg tabs with 500mg magnesium and .5mg alprazolam, half an hour later I was totally relaxed and sleepy, so I took a nap. So it's best taken before night sleep.
edit: alprazolam makes me more drowsy than the other benzos, so I'll try with clonazepam to see if it makes me as sleepy as alprazolam.

Last edited:
In my experience piracetam (w/ alpha-gpc) pretty much negates the effects of benzos..I ate 3mg of alprazolam which would normally have me asleep within 10 minutes and I barely caught a buzz... :(.

can i take the benzo and drink the grapefruit juice 10 mins later?
guess ill find out.
will post back.
I took 40mg valium and 500ml grapefruit juice.
I have a very high tolerance to benzos.
I a hoping this will let me feel the 40mg or even reduce my dosage.

You got anything to do with the sound sytem Kernal Panic?

I too agree that neurontin potentiates benzos to a very great degere. Also a great way to be conservative. You can get them prescribed for anxiety easily or arthritis which is what I take them for.

wow now I feel like maybe I do to much, I usually do around 8-10 yellows (5mg) sometimes adding a xanie bar or some of my temazapam into the mix. I am usually leaning pretty hard though. But that is the point for me. I weigh 185 though so I guess you have to consider the whole weight thing. I also probably have a pretty high tolerence I soppose too. So I guess to play it safe yeah start out small and see how youre body reacts. As far as potentiating the benzos, I have some nuerontins and I was just thinking how that would give my high a little extra smoothness if I snorted a couple of them along with it. I might try that. I have never tried the grapefruit juice thing but I have see the warning on bottles and have heard of people doing it. It might be worth a try.

For me, I would usually just take some opiates with them or if I was out of that, I would drink white grapefruit juice. The GF juice surprisingly works, especially for the length of your experience.

My tolerance has just got too high so im thinking of trying the grapefruit juice think, white grapefruit juice is it? would it make xanax last longer aswell?

thanks.