• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Benzodiazepine Potentiation

Best Valium Potentator?

I was wondering if I took 5 mg of valium and 50 mg of Benadryl if it would potentate the valium by some degree. Is it even worth it to take the Benadryl? I also have Nexium and I was wondering if that would also potentate the Valium. Sorry, but one more question: Would Prevacid or Erythromycin potentate it as well (and I'm not sure how much either)? Which would be better do you think? I just have a few 5 mg of Valium left, so I want to make the most of them. I obviously wouldn't take all of them at the same time, though! Thanks in advance! Any answers are appreciated! =D

Grapefruit juice might help potentiate it a little bit but this isn't really recommended. If you really want the ultimate buzz, take some opiates to go along with it. Nothing beats the opiate + benzo combo

IMO the mixture of a nice dose of methadone along with a nice dose of Clonazepam or Alprazolam or even better, Triazolam - that is a combo that almost equals the feeling of heroin IV'd !

im not dicksizing but ive got a high tolerance to benzos.

60mg doesnt even give me a buzz it just makes me a little bit sleepy and relaxed.

Even 40mg and about 4 beers doesnt get me wasted and I can still drive a car on it.

Shame.

Try Metronidazole, it will potentiate it.
There's no alcohol interaction whatsoever, my Dr. (my dad he's a Dr., not my psychiatrist) disagreed, but I've experienced it first hand, and experimeted in several friends, and can tell you that's there will be no interaction if you take it 3~4 hours beforehand.

Regards!

Last edited:
so between tagament and grapefruit juice....which works better?
Grapefruit juice is definitely better for you and probably works about the same. They're both just CYP450 3A4 inhibitors which causes the benzos to not be metabolized and so you keep higher plasma levels for longer, which is especially beneficial with benzos like diazepam since they have multiple active metabolites.

the same warning is not on klonopin bottles because the warning does not apply to klonopin... with that in mind remember this assumption that wgfj works for all benzos is simply not true

To the best of my knowledge all benzos, klonopin included, are metabolized via the above pathway. Yes grapefruit juice 100% works. NLM Clinical Pharmacology for Klonopin

I've recently tried with Metronidazole, with positive results. If you mix it with tagamet and grapefruit juice I think it will definitely potentiate any benzo.
No alcohol interaction whatsoever if taken 3~2 hours before hand.
Timing is essential.
1. Take 400~500ml of Grapefruit Juice.
2. 50 or at least 45 min later take 500mg of Metronidazole.
3. 40 or at leat 35 min later take the tagamet.
4. Wait 40 more mins and then take you benzo
Don't repeat for more than 5 days max. Always take a break.

Posted in another thread. Check the forum.

Regards.

Last edited:
Best potentiator is a few days break guys. Seriously benzo WD is fucked up, seen a mate go through it and that was enough to scare me away.

If you really must potentiate with something I would recommend 1-2 beers though, nice synergy without getting you drunk and making you turn into another person.

I've recently tried with Metronidazole, with positive results. If you mix it with tagamet and grapefruit juice I think it will definitely potentiate any benzo.
No alcohol interaction whatsoever if taken 3~2 hours before hand.
Timing is essential.
1. Take 400~500ml of Grapefruit Juice.
2. 50 or at least 45 min later take 500mg of Metronidazole.
3. 40 or at leat 35 min later take the tagamet.
4. Wait 40 more mins and then take you benzo
Don't repeat for more than 5 days max. Always take a break.

Posted in another thread. Check the forum.

Regards.

I'd like to know more about the metronidazole if yourself or anyone else has any pharmacological specifics. I'm just hypothesizing here but it may be that they both use the same hepatic enzyme with metronidazole having a high affinity and hence being metabolized first. If that is the case though you'd want to be careful as both the grapefruit juice and tagamet would also potentiate the metronidazole. I do know that you want to be careful with it and alcohol it may not have an effect for you specifically but it definitely can make you very sick (disulfuram like reaction) and people have died after injesting alcohol while being on disulfuram therapy. Nice new combo either way though :).

My dad has seen firsthand cases of people getting sick, I personally don't think he has a reason to lie to me. At least since I wasn't in Metronidazole at the time xD.
And yes, check the CYP-450 chart that soundphaRm posted. You can download it directly here from the forums.

As far as I know, Metronidazole hasn't been characterized.
But please believe my word, it's a huge inhibitor, and, taken with enough anticipation (3 hours at least assuming you're going to drink), it won't cause you any trouble.
I've done all this myself. Remember Metronidazole has a first-pass metabolization, and it's a pro-drug. That's a known fact we don't need any confirmation. But if you are going to drink, then (in some people, because not on me hehe) there may be some signs and symptoms, you may be right there.

Best way to potentiate benzos would be to combine 1 part alcohol to 2 parts opiate. Disclaimer: this can be very dangerous if used in higher doses

benzo potentiation

yes alcohol is the quickest most powerful way, but this has also led swim to do ridiculous things that swim would never do. swim enjoys drinking one beer with 2-4 mgs of alprazolam, and then either drinking grapefruit juice, or taking a few tagamet. or course it all depends on tolerance. swim feels good from 2-4 mgs these days as opposed to the 14-20 mgs it used to take swim to feel good in swim's teenage years.

can i take the benzo and drink the grapefruit juice 10 mins later?
guess ill find out.
will post back.
I took 40mg valium and 500ml grapefruit juice.
I have a very high tolerance to benzos.
I a hoping this will let me feel the 40mg or even reduce my dosage.

oh, and yes buprenorphine works very well.
But if you have a high opiate tolerance it doesnt work all that great.
buprenorphine is a weak agonist that strongly binds to the opiate receptors.
Opiate addicts use it ( Suboxone / Subutex ) to help with physical withdrawals.
It only gives you a warm fuzzy buzz if you detox from opiates first.
The buzz its gives is very similar to benzos with an added "warm fuzzy" body high.
I used 4mg bup to potentiate, and 8mg bup to get high without benzos.

you can get Suboxone easy, just google a doctor up and tell him you are withdrawing from heroin - tell him you did a gram a day and he'll likely put you 8mg a day of buprenorphine.

the doctor visits are expensive, but the drug is only $30 with insurance.

hope that helps

oh, and yes buprenorphine works very well.
But if you have a high opiate tolerance it doesnt work all that great.
buprenorphine is a weak agonist that strongly binds to the opiate receptors.
Opiate addicts use it ( Suboxone / Subutex ) to help with physical withdrawals.
It only gives you a warm fuzzy buzz if you detox from opiates first.
The buzz its gives is very similar to benzos with an added "warm fuzzy" body high.
I used 4mg bup to potentiate, and 8mg bup to get high without benzos.

you can get Suboxone easy, just google a doctor up and tell him you are withdrawing from heroin - tell him you did a gram a day and he'll likely put you 8mg a day of buprenorphine.

the doctor visits are expensive, but the drug is only $30 with insurance.

hope that helps

DO NOT TAKE buprenorphine UNLESS YOU ARE IN OPIATE WITHDRAWALS, NOT A HEAVEY USER OF OPIATES, OR HAVE ALREADY DETOXED.

I WILL PUT YOU INTO WITHDRAWALS AND YOU WONT ENJOY THAT NOW WOULD YOU.

can i take the benzo and drink the grapefruit juice 10 mins later?
guess ill find out.
will post back.
I took 40mg valium and 500ml grapefruit juice.
I have a very high tolerance to benzos.
I a hoping this will let me feel the 40mg or even reduce my dosage.

I think it's too late. I've heard that the GFJ works best when drunk in the morning (0,5l) and then before the ingestion (another 0,5l).
BTW, people here don't use SWIM :)
and welcome ;]

You might want to give hydroxyzine a go. It's an anxiolytic first-generation antihistamine, and goes great with benzos, without increasing sedation too much.