Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Does Fentanyl exist in OZ/NZ?

Pharaoh Sphinx

Ex-Bluelighter
I cant recall hearin any aussies ever speak of using fentanyl??

Are Actiqs and Duragesics or similar products marketed in OZ/NZ at all?

Havent tried or even seen frentanyl but a quick google search tells me in NZ they give it to woman as part of an abortion proces wtf?!!

'..In New Zealand this is done by giving the woman Fentanyl IV (a strong short-lasting narcotic sedative) and then injecting Fentanyl and lignocaine into the cord of the fetus under ultrasound guidance before delivery. This method ensures that the baby does not feel pain. Sometimes, as the Fentanyl given to the woman has been shown to cross the placenta and give the baby adequate pain relief, intra-cardiac injection of lignocaine alone or potassium chloride is used..'

http://www.abortion.gen.nz/procedures/surgical.html

It certainly does exist in Australia although I don't know to what extent it's used recreationally.

Here's what's listed on MIMs

Actiq (Fentanyl citrate)
Durogesic (Fentanyl)
Fentanyl (Fentanyl citrate)
Fentanyl Injection (DBL) (Fentanyl citrate)
Marcain with Fentanyl (Bupivacaine hydrochloride; Fentanyl citrate)
Naropin with Fentanyl (Fentanyl citrate; Ropivacaine hydrochloride)
Sublimaze (Fentanyl citrate)

I have a friend from uni who now works in pallative care, about eight months ago she gave me a box of 24 Durogesic 50 patches. They are transdermal (through skin) and give a does of 50 micrograms a hour. There from NZ because they are classed controlled drug (B3) not S8 as i would asume in Aust.

they contain a liquid which can be removed and IV'd quite strong though. When used as directed they made me sick for a little then really uphoric then sick then anxious etc. never actully wore one for the full 72 hours, never stuck properly too. had to put opsite to hold in place. I quess pallatives don't move around too much.

these patches are made By Janssen-cilag who i have never heard about before??

Fentanyl is used as a painkiller in hospitals...

I was given fentanyl when the doctor popped my dislocated shoulder back in after a car accident.

I'm surprised I can remember what she gave me, since I can't remember anything from when I was under the influence except being in a vague dream.

It would probably have been awesome had I not been in heaps of pain and hadn't just written off my friend's car.

too be honest, i never even really noticed the B3 classed controlled drug bit on the packet. Does anyone know much about the NZ drug classification scales and it relation to Australia's "scheldule" system??

I never head of them being used recreationally here in Aus, but they are used in hospitals and medically obviously. The black market for pain killers is much, much smaller here than in the US, so rarer things like fentanyl I doubt are around much at all.

I was given a combination of fentanyl and midazolam earlier this year while undergoing a minor procedure - yum yum =D

Actually - there are pretty substantial black markets in Aus for prescription opioids, but fentanyl doesn't seem to really feature. I guess it comes down to how and where these drugs are being diverted into the black markets. It's always possible that fentanyl will enter these markets in the future, for a variety of reasons - but not at the moment.

Gad dangit I wish I could find black markets for these drugs! All my prescription opiods come directly from the person they're prescribed to. Of course this means a steady supply and good prices, but it also means a lack of selection :( Either oxycodone, or occasionally some oral morphine...

never seen oral morphine for sale or swap, but heaps morphine sulphate 25mg vials, heaps!!! Odd eh??

my mother told me that she's getting IV fentanyl next week, I was jealous to say the least.

^ is she having an operation?

I had it while in hospital as part of the anasthetic, I asked the anasthetist what drugs they use and she went through a list of about 12 different drugs lol, only ones I remember were fentanyl, midazolam.

ayjay said:
Actually - there are pretty substantial black markets in Aus for prescription opioids, but fentanyl doesn't seem to really feature. I guess it comes down to how and where these drugs are being diverted into the black markets. It's always possible that fentanyl will enter these markets in the future, for a variety of reasons - but not at the moment.

It's interesting that fentanyl and its analogues haven't made a presence on the illicit market, particularly considering it wouldn't be terribly difficult to synthesize. A procedure listed online uses fairly common chemicals and relatively straightforward methods. (although many of the chems are listed on the Code of Practice for Supply Diversion into Illicit Drug Manufacture).

I guess the market is largely stimulant based these days, so perhaps that's a major underlying factor. I suppose if heroin was to become more widely available for a period long enough to re-establish itself as a preferred drug of choice, subsequent shortfalls in availability might be met with fentanyl or other more potent analogues.

Allowing for relative potency of each drug, how does fentanyl substitute for heroin effect wise?

Allowing for relative potency of each drug, how does fentanyl substitute for heroin effect wise? P_D

It doesn't in my opinion. It is a very strong pain killer, but it does not have the same sort of euphoria. But if it was crap H and good fentanyl it might be the prefered choice. Not too me though:)

I was told fentanyl also is very short acting, like 40 mins of relief and then it tapers off, and the euphoria isn't quite as good as H.

I've only every tried OC40 and god damn it was so nice, I would love to try heroin but obviously it's hard to find and probably cut so much that it would be dangerous to IV.

phase_dancer said:
It's interesting that fentanyl and its analogues haven't made a presence on the illicit market, particularly considering it wouldn't be terribly difficult to synthesize.

Is that all?? How about the fact that dope runs for 3x the cost on the OZ market than it does on other world markets? I think that would be the largest incentive for such a thing to happen, its 3x more logical for fent to appear in OZ than anywhere else, especially considering theres a heroin drought due to asian smugglers switchin to uppers.

Not to mention, youd no longer have to worry bout smugglin dope through those wacko asian countries that cutchya head off for it... thats always a bonus right lol

i know there's a el nino drought, but i wouldn't quite call it a drought in my neck off the woods, I think people are just drawn to the uppers cause there cheap and nasty and anyone with a year eleven chemestry education or can read a web page can produce it. I really don't miss uppers much, i miss the old powdered speed with the two and a half hours of rush then a crash. This meth bussiness isn't that cool.

3 times the price in a couple of years is a bit exessive, maybe a touch under double,but it is going up fatser than petrol and the C.P.I. but i dunno how long you have been going for?

If natzi fentanyl invaded the streets maybe it might be the same story as above??

I really don't rate fentanly that highly, espesally if i had to pay top dollar for it. It is nice and the pham stuff i get every now and then is a very cheap a and i'm asuming it would be very similar to what your talking about, but by the high price of H it can really keep you out of trouble and makes it more special when you have it.