• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

How to ease opiate withdrawl

B9

Bluelight Crew
Well I find that HOT baths are absolutely gorgeous especially if you have someone to pour hot water over you ! Mix with some white widow biscuits and it becomes almost pleasant bearable anyway.
Your thoughts ideas n experiences please.

hot showers/baths are the bomb so are steam showers and lots of sleep...plenty of liquids and food..

dxm reduces the cravings and physical pain a bit. you dont even need enough to trip off of, maybe 60 mg max. alcohol or benzos to help get to sleep (although you dont want to start up a benzo addiction as a follow-up), lots of vitamins and food even if you dont want to eat.

When the Rx runs out each month, I just quit cold turkey. I smoke alot though and that helps. For me, it's better to just feel like shit for 2 or 3 days and be clean than to try and mask it with more drugs which in reality make it worse in the long run.

A VERY useful topic as I found myself in the situation couple of days ago....

Wouldn't the bath help only for the time you're in it?

MissBehavin'_416 said:
A VERY useful topic as I found myself in the situation couple of days ago....

Wouldn't the bath help only for the time you're in it?

No it lasted about an hour the nice effects blood running and feeling vaguely alive was lovely

not healthy, but jack yourself up with amps and benzo's. Did the trick for me.

nothing really helped benzos made me feel worse and alcohol kept me awake a bath felt good but after bath back to w/d's, all i can tell you is eat drink and keep your strenght up.

I'm on my 4th of wd from heroin coming into my 5th. I have slept for about 5 hours in 3 nights, and when I did get an hour or two sleep I was having wierd dreams and my mind wasn't resting... :/

Edit: I've been smoking about 1-3 20 euro bags a day for about 6 months, how long will it take for my WD's to stop and sleep to go back to normal? (Aprox, I know it's different for everyone)

Last edited:
masterbate constantly and eat flavor ice popsicles

but im sure your already doing at least one of those

yeah, i posted the masturbation thing on another thread. you may not last long, but you can do it pretty often and its fun. drink as much gatorade as possible.

soma also helps if you have access to it. some people use mdma or blow during this time to take the edge off but i find stimulants feel awful during a kick.

My nurse just took my blood pressure (I'm gonna die help)

Was 148 over 125 ffs

Last edited:
exercise helped me alot during my brief withdrawls

but i agree with the hot bath thing...soooo relaxing...it gets your mind off all the bad thoughts

Alancranley said:
I'm on my 4th of wd from heroin coming into my 5th. I have slept for about 5 hours in 3 nights, and when I did get an hour or two sleep I was having wierd dreams and my mind wasn't resting... :/

Edit: I've been smoking about 1-3 20 euro bags a day for about 6 months, how long will it take for my WD's to stop and sleep to go back to normal? (Aprox, I know it's different for everyone)

You'll be pretty much ok at about a week .

clonidine (for sweats, restless leg)
tca antidepressant (sinequan, amitriptyline) for sleep
naproxen (for pain)
benzos
immodium

The first three I got Rx'ed from an addiction clinic. The 4th I got on my own (addiction clinic won't give benzos to opiate addicts, probably for good reason). The last was OTC.

I like hot baths too but apparently you're not supposed to take them when on clonidine because it lowers your blood pressure too much. I find clonidine is extremely sedating though and I tend to sleep through the worst of withdrawals when using it (as long as your withdrawals are bad enough - the last couple times I did it I was wide awake the whole time.

I find sleep is the best way to deal with withdrawal (ie. the more you can sleep the faster it goes) so anything that helps that along makes things a lot more bearable - for me at least. I am developing some sort of paranoia about not sleeping though so this might not apply to everyone!

Got loperamide n lofexedeine dope seems best though! I am turning into a raging lunatic I am going fucking loco man talk about loss of self control phew!