PDA

View Full Version : Zyprexa and LSD?

ford442
28-08-2006, 05:38
does Zyprexa really dampen the effects of acid? i'm on 15mg daily...

and what about Abilify? i'm thinking of switching to that soon...

bickoma
28-08-2006, 09:53
Zyprexa is the brand name for olanzapine.

Olanzapine is a thienobenzodiazepine. According to Wikipedia, it is structurally similar to Clozapine...

I have heard some antipsychotics mixed with LSD will cause heart failure. This makes me want to let someone more knowledgable than I to answer...

ford442
28-08-2006, 10:05
really? good heavens.. :-(
i took some acid the other night, but it did almost nothing.. could be because of my Zyprexa.. (and i'm not dead btw - in case you were wondering)
so - now that i've read some other posts it looks like i shouldnt take my Zyprexa like 48 hours before tripping.. i think that will be fine.. i'll try it next time.. hopefully soon! ;-)

bickoma
28-08-2006, 11:19
I would lay off the psychedelics until someone with greater knowledge replies here...

Good luck with your future trips. :)

santadog
28-08-2006, 21:49
I’ve tripped on 2CC and DPT while taking daily doses of 10mg zypreza. Zyprexa has roughly a 5day half life but I only stopped taking it 3 days before my trips. It did not dampen the trips too much at all, I could feel the zyprexa ‘signature’ mixed in there with the 2CC/DPT effects but it didn’t bother me at all. Actually had more of a grounding effect and prevented any and all anxiety. Easier re-entry too. I was happy to find I could still trip moderately. I didn’t attempt a full blown heavy trip at the time because, well, I was trying to maintain emotional stability in my life.

Sorry no info on LSD interaction.

Madhatter4
29-08-2006, 02:29
From my expierance Zyprexa completley destroys all positive effects of LSD ....but then again if your taking an anti-psychotic you shouldnt be fuckin around with powerful psychedelics period:\

illuminati boy
29-08-2006, 02:38
does Zyprexa really dampen the effects of acid? i'm on 15mg daily...

and what about Abilify? i'm thinking of switching to that soon...

Antipsychotic medications (especially the newer ‘atypicals’) are a surefire way to crash a trip in no time flat. Olanzapine (trade name Zyprexa or Zyprexa Zydis) in the 5-20 mg. range should be plenty to knockdown or knockout a trip on most of the 5HT2 psychedelics.

So do I think taking an atypical will dramatically impact the psychoactive effects of LSD and/or related compounds? I think there is little doubt about it.

More importantly, if you are taking an antipsychotic medication you should probably not take any psychedelic drugs, nor should you discontinue any currently Rx medication(s) without a very honest heart to heart talk with your prescriber. If you are truly in need of pharmacotherapy of the Olanzapine variety, any taking or discontinuation of any drugs should be considered with the utmost care.

As for Abilify (aripiprazole), while it has some novel dopamine actions, it still has notable 5HT2A actions like many of the ‘atypical’ / 2nd generation antipsychotics it would probably impact any serotonin acting psychedelics to some degree.

I have heard some antipsychotics mixed with LSD will cause heart failure. This makes me want to let someone more knowledgable than I to answer...

As far as I know this is bullshit. If you have a specific reference that supports this though, I am all ears.

I know that there are numerous threads that detail the relationship between serotonin based psychedelics and antipsychotic medications… try searching PD and ADD.

I B

ford442
29-08-2006, 03:44
ok.. from what i've read here i can just not take the olanzapine maybe 48 hours beforehand - and i know from experience that my symptoms will not return unmedicated for at least 10 days - so a few days shouldnt cause any harm..

as far as not taking mind altering drugs in my condition - thank you kindly for your concern - i will judge carefully if they are having a real impact on my sanity...

illuminati boy
30-08-2006, 02:26
ok.. from what i've read here i can just not take the olanzapine maybe 48 hours beforehand…
It has a 21-54 hour half life so… NO that is not correct. That is not to say that one will experience zero effects, but some attenuation of effects should be expected long after the last dose of olanzapine is taken.

…and i know from experience that my symptoms will not return unmedicated for at least 10 days - so a few days shouldnt cause any harm..
as far as not taking mind altering drugs in my condition - thank you kindly for your concern - i will judge carefully if they are having a real impact on my sanity...

Again no offense, but if you are Rx olanzapine, you either have a near-quack doctor who really likes going ‘off label’ or you have an Axis I psychiatric disorder ala the DSM. With regard to Axis I disorders, for many persons simply missing a single day or a few days of meds will cause a notable increase in symptoms if not full blow remission/decompensation. Also persons who have a psychiatric disorder are often times the poorest judge of their own relative stability during such periods.

I am not recommending a specific course of action here, but I really do hope you have a good solid grasp of the facts before making any decisions on any matters such as these.

I B

ford442
30-08-2006, 02:46
ya - i guess it's wishful thinking that 48 hours will be enough - but i have seen that quoted on this board - i won't risk taking much more time than that away from my meds - i have tried (with my doctor's blessing) to get off my Zyprexa completely, but i couldnt manage it - that's partly how i know that it takes about 2 weeks for me to see any trace of my symptoms returning.. i've tried that twice as i recall..

and yes - the Zyprexa is for schizophrenea - i will be going into this with a lot of caution.. the last thing i want is to worsen my mental health significantly..

dada
22-04-2007, 13:40
Jees schizophrenia and lsd?

Putingrad
22-04-2007, 17:50
Do not under any circumstances take LSD if you have been diagnosed with schizophrenia, nor should you be interrupting your Zyprexa regimen for any reason.

lighterbandit
16-07-2007, 06:39
i took some while 'schizo' and on those meds, and i still tripped, ruined the potency & dampened the effects in my opinion but its was still really fun. it didnt make me go insane or even increase my syptoms noticably. in fact i seemed to actually get less syptoms. so i guess its different for everyone.

egor
16-07-2007, 06:45
Look for info on k-opiod and 5-ht agonist interactions with zyprexa on pubmed, it is a really good place to look

melange
23-07-2007, 00:17
zyprexa indeed dulls alot of hallucinogens from my exp.

dont know about others

krngslayer
21-01-2011, 02:52
Ya that zyprexa kills LSD and lsa for that matter. I had 3 hits of acid... nothing. Ate almost 700 morning glory seeds, and aside from getting the runs... nothing. Its very frustrating because I wanna trip one time, which I know isn't the smartest thing to do due to my severe bipolar, but I believe life is a trip and psychedelics can help you train your mind to always look for the positive and find joy and adventure in life. And even if youre having a really bad trip, you can turn it around if youre mind is strong and free. It is sometimes extremely difficult when you trip, but if you can turn it around on acid then there's no reason you can't turn it around in life.