Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: The Age - 16/08/2006 'Kennett tightlipped on son's drug bust'

hoptis

Bluelight Crew
Kennet tightlipped on son's drug bust
August 16, 2006 - 12:09PM

Former Victorian premier Jeff Kennett says reports his son Angus was caught by police with an ecstasy tablet are of no public interest.

A police sniffer dog detected Angus Kennett leaving a St Kilda nightclub early Sunday in possession of one ecstasy tablet, News Limited newspapers reported today.

Mr Kennett refused to confirm or deny the report, saying the matter was private.

"All I can say is it's a private matter, no public interest," he said.

"Only those journalists who've got nothing better to do with their time would worry about that."

Angus Kennett was caught with the pill during a street drug operation about 3am on Sunday, according to the reports.

He was reportedly detained and taken to a police station for questioning but not charged.

The former model, aged in his mid-20s, is expected to undergo a drug diversion program involving counselling.

From The Age

Ecstasy found on Angus Kennett
Paul Anderson
August 16, 2006 12:00am

JEFF Kennett's son Angus has been caught with the drug ecstasy.

A sniffer dog detected the pill as Angus Kennett left a St Kilda nightclub about 3am on Sunday.

He was in possession of a single ecstasy tablet and will not be charged.

Angus Kennett was detained and taken to a police station and is expected to undergo a drug diversion program involving counselling.

Police were carrying out a street drug operation when Angus Kennett, in his mid-20s, was found with the ecstasy pill.

Sniffer dog operations have become a regular police tactic near nightclubs and dance party venues.

When the Herald Sun contacted Jeff Kennett last night, the former premier would not comment.

He did not confirm or deny the circumstances.

Angus Kennett also refused to comment.

He was well-known for his charity work during his modelling career.

He was recently working for a public relations company, and has previously worked as a promotional driver for a radio station.

As a 20-year-old, he went to London to try to break into the international modelling scene.

From Herald Sun

As I remember, when it was first mentioned that sniffer dogs would be used to target Melbourne nightclubs, some people made the observation that police using the dogs in certain suburbs would almost certainly result in the bust of someone well known and it looks like that's what's happened.

The son of the former Liberal Premier of Victoria is a pretty big scalp.

Not that we didn't already know that these drugs were being used by just about everyone. ;)

they caught him with 1 whole ecstasy tablet... wow... what a good waste of police time detaining and questioning someone for having 1 pill on them. i thought they would only worry about the ppl with large amounts (eg. dealers)?

^ Agreed!

Yet another reason I feel sorry for people who are in the public eye.

It makes you wonder if the dog was capable of sniffing MDMA (apparently a rare difficult talent to give your average police sniffer) or whether it contained enough speed in it to ping the puppies nose

Which then leads you the next logical thought in that a former premiers son is getting bunk pills.

HA HA! Gotta love an ex-lib premiers son getting caught!=D "sorry Jeff your tough on drugs policy just didn't get through to the kids...I mean your kid"

chugs said:
It makes you wonder if the dog was capable of sniffing MDMA (apparently a rare difficult talent to give your average police sniffer) or whether it contained enough speed in it to ping the puppies nose

Which then leads you the next logical thought in that a former premiers son is getting bunk pills.

who told you this? I think dogs can be trained easily to sniff out any substance including MDxx

fuckin a!

rofl bwahahahahaha... lil Mr. Kennet is a druggo..

Counselling eh? lol.. they should lock him up, purely because he's related to Jeff Kennet.

bwahahaha....

Wonder what type of bic it was... prolly a fukn demazin lol.

lol @ blue parachutes.

I think dogs are trained to smell common solvents or impurities. I am not 100% sure on this though.

TheWeedMan said:
they caught him with 1 whole ecstasy tablet... wow... what a good waste of police time detaining and questioning someone for having 1 pill on them. i thought they would only worry about the ppl with large amounts (eg. dealers)?

One tablet. Oh my god, who is the nanny state again? :eek:

hahaha, i love it. the kennett government has a tough stance on drugs yet when his son is caught with a pinger, he deems it not worthy of the media's time.

I say rape the fuckers for their reputation and morals.

sonicnature said:
hahaha, i love it. the kennett government has a tough stance on drugs yet when his son is caught with a pinger, he deems it not worthy of the media's time.

I say rape the fuckers for their reputation and morals.

Jeff Kennet was by no means perfect, but I had alot of respect for him, with some of the things he did for this country. Sure, he may have had an anti-drug stance, but you name me one Australian PM who hasn't. He was far more beneficial to Australian citizens than what John Howard ever was.

Plus, I think it's unfair, that because he is the son of a prominent politician, that his incident made it to the headlines. This could be detrimental for his future career. I know I wouldn't like it, being caught by L.E. with one fucking pill!! and then having the whole world know of my private life. This shit is sad, and in complete breach of one's "freedom".

Shame on the media for this one.

Not trying to take sides, or promote or demote anyone but........... have met Angus in a previous life in Fremantle years ago when he stayed with us for a week or so, and my only comment will be:

Only 1 pil Gus...............????? Come on Lad, must have been a quiet night!!!!!

Cheers,
S.

mike0 said:
who told you this? I think dogs can be trained easily to sniff out any substance including MDxx

is in one of the mega big dog sniffing threads.

I don't think its difficult to train a dog to smell substances X - i believe the difficulty is teaching (and the time & cost that goes with it) to detect multiple substances.

I think its easier to teach the dog to smell a substance like cannabis, coke or speed with the belief that most people caught will generally have one of the above...

IMHO the media is once again fucked. I've known Gus for years, and he's a good kid.

Why is his bust getting reported but the countless others on the same night not? His dad's not even in the spotlight anymore, and IMHO his kids should never have been in the spotlight.

I don't blame Jeff for telling the media to get stuffed. Report on and you shoulds report all. Or mind your own business.

And its even a bit richer when you know a few journo's who are the biggest abusers of anyone I know!

The handlers are trained to spot how people react to the dog.

Last edited:
somone has to hook poor angus up with some decent gear..hehehe never was a big fan of jeff kennet..how gay are the cops for pulling him up with one pill..i thought maybe if they took it and took his name or whatever that would be more appropriate..but yer as it was said up top..wat a waste of cop time..