AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2006 NFL Thread

Clipperachi

Bluelighter
Tha Raaaydaaahzz
raiders11.jpg

Yeah baby! It's about that time for the greatest game of them all, Futbol Americano to begin!

With the new 61inch Plasmas at the bar at Flemings, I shunt miss an exciting moment this year. Unlike last year when i was back in the kitchen at Rubys and had to run out and hide in a corner in the horseshoe and watch the little 13inch GE in the bar booth.. YEEUCK!

This season should be very .. splendiferous for my Raiders.. With the return of Art Shell, and now we have a Black QB.... OH SHIXsnaps!

yeah baby!

raider%20fan.JPG

i hate footieball, but if more guys dressed up like the dude in the mohawk, i might go. he looks cool

The Giants are fixing the problems that short circuited them last year and are going to build on the momentum that carried us to the playoffs. Tiki will have another career making year, the defensive ends will be tallying up sacks like a cab meter in the outer boroughs, LaVar Arrington is going to be a monster for us, and hopefully Plaxico and Shockey will shut the fuck up and play some damn good football, which I know they're capable of.

Mark my words, the Cowboys will fizzle (most likely with more T.O. drama), the 'Skins are already banged up (Clinton Portis, where art thou?), and the Eagles aren't back from the debacle just yet... the Giants will win the NFC East and under Eli's leadership at the very least put on a much better showing in the playoffs (can't blame it all on the kid, the defense was shot and the OL isn't the greatest).

I like their chances to beat the Colts in the season opener on 9/10 especially now that Edgerrin James is plying his trade elsewhere. And look for Brandon Jacobs to impress now that he's learned to drop his fucking shoulder when he runs. The dude is 6'10" and 270 lbs. THAT is a tough train to slow down.

Bout time the Dolphins are set to make the playoffs again. The Patriots are over with. We have that division.

^ I agree that the Dolphins are going to step it up this season. I want them to best the Patriots, but that might not happen this year.

I agree with most of your assesments despite you being the guy, in the last year's NFL thread, to predict a Giants VS Colts SuperBowl =D hehehe, no worries, though. I have most certainly predicted worst.

anyone see thursday's preseason. the first unit giants shit all over the first unit chiefs. ended up winning 17-0. but it was 14-0 when eli left the game. jacobs ran well, the defense looked great (robbins playing nose tackle could just work out)... all in all it put a smile on my face considering its only preseason and this new defense is looking tight together.

This is the Bengals years guys. Get use to it. Even with Palmer sketchy for the first game, The Bengals offense should be more potent than last year. Hopefully they get their "legal problems" out of the way (it's an embarrasment to the city) and get the train rolling. Their D will be much improved with Sam Adams stuffing the D Line, and their secondary looked like a fine tuned machine against the Skins last Sunday.

The only thing that might set them back is the unfair schedule the NFL is sticking to them. KC, INDY, PITT, and NE all in the first 5 games. That is bs, but I know they will take at least 2 outta 4 of those games. I think the high ups in the NFL want to see the Bengals fall again, but that's another issue.

And sorry Pitt, you guys were destined last year, but you will find out just how much you miss Jerome Bettis. God I hate the Steelers!

WHO DEY! WHO DEY! WHO DEY THINK GONNA BEAT THEM BENGALS!

the giants schedule ain't soft either, but that's a tough one for the bengals. the only soft game we have in the early part of the season is the eagles on the road.

I think the high ups in the NFL want to see the Bengals fall again, but that's another issue.

smotpoker, are you suggesting the NFL is plotting against the Bungles? yeeeeeah right! It's no ones fault that Carson Palmer got his leg snapped in 2 on the first damn offensive play of the game. I'll still be pullin for them in the AFC tho. Everyone loves an underdog....

now on to the only division in football that really matters, the NFC East. Skins will crush everyone and take first. I think the Giants will take 2nd place, and the Eagles and Cowboys will fight it out for last. The cowboys might have had a chance to make the playoffs with the Drew Bledsoe of 10 years ago. sorry x-chick, hehe :)

hail to the redskins!

That's exactly what I am suggesting. Funny how after the 1st year they make the playoffs in over a decade they give the Bengals's the hardest schedule of any team, at least according to ESPN. You'd think they'd give it to Pittsburgh, since they won the SB. People never respect the Nati and this proves it. That's ok, the BEST team in the league should get the toughest schedule.

don't these schedules rotate based on shit figured out years in advance. like every x amount of years you play y team? you play each divisional team twice, once on the road and once at home. you play a x percentage of conference teams and y percentage of intra-conference teams... the difficulty of schedules is fairly random. the giants have the second hardest schedule according to the handicappers (behind the bengals, its true), but i am actually looking forward to the test because i believe the team will hold up.

the bengals, on the other hand, while a good team aren't quite there in my opinion. too many distractions, too many injury questions, etc. i'm pulling for them in that division though.

as for the nfc east, i agree that the cowboys and eagles will be the bottom half, but i think losing clinton portis for any appreciable amount of time, not to mention the shaky QB situation could potentially limit the redskins' viability.

Clipperachi said:
Yeah baby! It's about that time for the greatest game of them all
yes indeed, the premiership starts next saturday. the original and still the best.

The Saints look like they might be able to pull off a playoff year....w/ Brees at the helm, inheriting a taleneted but underachieving Offense. Yet now w/ an added Bush who had a great NFL preseason debut!! The defense will most prob suck balls again this year but it would help a great deal if the Offense has the capability to move the ball some and give the D a breather every now and then....

Thing is though....if the Saints dont make the playoffs in the next 2 yrs....New Orleans can say bye-bye to their beolved Saints...And thats not to say they wont be moved to LA to begin w/ :|

the saints are going to be a damn exciting team to watch, cause offense is exciting, but without a strong defense the odds of winning a division or going deep in the playoffs are very limited

what'd everybody think about leinart's debut? granted he was with the second string receivers... but he didn't do too bad in my mind. a few completions, he scrambled for like 30 yards. preseason stats are just hype, really, but it made me excited to see him. i want to see more vince young, too. goddamn i'm getting so excited for this season. so many great games, so many exciting teams and players... football is the best.