• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Do you find that eating kills your weed high?

Does eating kill your weed high?

• Yes, eating does kill my weed high

Votes: 339 53.1%
  • No, eating does not kill my weed high

Votes: 299 46.9%

• Total voters

Xorkoth

Administrator
Staff member
I know a lot of people, including my girlfriend, that refuse to eat for a while after smoking because they say it kills their buzz. I used to also experience this. However, we all know how much your expectations influence what you experience. At some point, I really began to ponder whether this was true (the killing of the high due to eating), because it never made sense to me as to why it would happen. Suddenly, I realized that, for me, it really doesn't. Sure, it makes me feel different, because eating does that. But it doesn't reduce the high for me at all anymore. Although I don't really get the munchies like I used to, I still enjoy eating while high very much, and now I'm free to do so without worry.

Anyway, I'm really curious about this, and about how many people feel that eating indeed reduces the high. So I started a poll. Poll away!

^ thats just it, you think it does, when really eating just raises your blood sugar so you feel different. Like anything psychological, if you truly believe it, it will be true.

I just vaped like .4 of a gram of very good medical weed and ate my breakfast and brewed some green tea, and I am still very much high right now...

I'm still high afterwards, but it does seem to be reduced in intensity. I usually take another puff or two after killing the pizza.

I thought this said do you find that weed effects your eating skills.

and the answer would have been yes, it makes me eat like a pig.

I used to always feel that the high went from a more thought orientated, mental experience to a more physical one.

Possibly because I was that bloaded from eating multiple packets of crisps/sweets/whatever food I could get my hands on.

Yes indeed it does. In fact, I will take it a step further, and say that being high actually suppresses my appetite these days. Has been doing so for the last couple of years. If I'm high when I have to eat, it always grounds me, and then I have to smoke more when done eating.

But usually, it's just a part of my routine to make sure I eat well before ever smoking out. There's nothing like getting high on a full stomach!

I think that the munchies and giving in to them does not directly down my high, but it does take your mind off your ideas, and you might just pass your peak when your eating.

It is also a proven fact that prolonged use of weed can kill your appetite when your not high...that happened to me lol.

eating definitely reduces the intensity of my high so i usually try to eat before i smoke. i hate the feeling i get after eating when i'm high. sometimes, i'll go overboard and eat way too much then i feel like utter shit and that's never any fun.

~*geNeRaTiOn E*~ said:
eating definitely reduces the intensity of my high so i usually try to eat before i smoke. i hate the feeling i get after eating when i'm high. sometimes, i'll go overboard and eat way too much then i feel like utter shit and that's never any fun.

Thats so weird, that shit has never happened to me, the high just passes me by because I forget about because all my attention is on food, lol.

Seek Experience said:
It is also a proven fact that prolonged use of weed can kill your appetite when your not high...that happened to me lol.

Well what I was saying is that actually being high is an appetite suppressant, for me. When I'm hungry, and I can't eat at the moment, I will take a one-hitter or two, and the hunger is magically gone! It's bizarre, I know, but in a couple of hours the hunger comes back full-speed like a Mack truck.

Actually that's interesting Church... when I'm not hungry and I smoke, I get hungry, but when I'm really hungry, you know, the twisting-your-gut painful hunger like you get in morning sometimes, I'll smoke and it'll turn into normal, ignorable hunger.

I usually dont get hungrey when i smoke. I feel the need for food when i "come down" from my high.

Yes.. I would say it generally dulls it. Certain wheat products have something in it (niacin?) that kills a weed high effectively. But if you eat something like chocolate, that can potentiate the high and boost it.

Also, when on an empty stomach I get a lot higher to begin with.

Xorkoth said:
Actually that's interesting Church... when I'm not hungry and I smoke, I get hungry, but when I'm really hungry, you know, the twisting-your-gut painful hunger like you get in morning sometimes, I'll smoke and it'll turn into normal, ignorable hunger.

Yeah I'm a weirdo, it's true! =D

For me...

It all depends on when I eat, how high I am, and the last time I ate was.

Some weed I don't get hungry on and others I cant feed my fat face enough.

usually , if i have good food, i dont care if i am killing my high or not. Some things like milk and cookies or frosting just taste so damn good.

Atleast in my case it always seems like I am less high after I am done eating but it is just beacuse I would be eating for 30 min and the high as diminished due to time alone

When I eat large amounts of food, I get lethargic and lazy. When I eat when I'm high, I tend to eat a lot. So I find it actually adds a lazy sort of aspect to the high. I read somewhere it's because the blood rushes to the stomach to supply it with oxygen for digestion so your brain receives slightly less. Anyone know if that's true?

Church said:
Well what I was saying is that actually being high is an appetite suppressant, for me. When I'm hungry, and I can't eat at the moment, I will take a one-hitter or two, and the hunger is magically gone! It's bizarre, I know, but in a couple of hours the hunger comes back full-speed like a Mack truck.
I find that too, the munchies only kick in when the high is becoming more lethargic.

And when I'm hungry, I don't care if it would kill my high or not. Being hungry kills my high, that's for sure. Eating too much just makes me feel shit - especially the day after if I've aten a lot and then went to bed shortly after. You need to find the balance :)