Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Pre-placement Health Assessments

mofo

Bluelighter
Can anyone tell me what is in a "Pre-placement Health Assessment".. SWIM is starting a new job soon and they are asking him to go off for one.

cheers

I did one late last year.

Pretty much all I had to do was some tests to measure my flexabilty, ie. bending over nd touching toes, swiveling, easy stuff if your not obese or have a back injury.

They also measured my blood pressure, weight, height, eye sight (its ok if you wear glasses coz they test with these on) and hearing.

I did have to piss into a cup but I'm pretty sure that was to measure sodium levels and the like rather than a drug test.

they also obtain a medical history fromn your previous doctors, i think this about it.

yes indeed fry-d SWIM also googled it up, SWIM is merly asking what tasks are to be undertaken, or if anyone one else has gone thru this, anyway SWIM has been ill of recent has been on a lot of robbo DX, advil caps and ibuprofen, so he may screw it up anyway.

cool psytaco SWIM is a little happier, as i have told him many times " they tell you during the interview process " but he doesnt belive me.

^ I had one a month ago where i failed a drug test (due to weed), I don't think DXM would be a problem though...

^Yeh, I would agree. DXM is an OTC medicine so they shouldnt be a problem.

I got a placement for a base level government job around Christmas, and they did do a urine sample that I believe was not drug related. However, they gave me ample time to abstain from marajuana (this takes far longer than most drugs to clear your system).

the urine test is for glucose in urine, an easy test for diabetes.

^ it will really vary employer to employer. You could always ask them - try not to sound paranoid ;)

I know someone who failed his urine test repeatedly (not due to drugs - just his crap diet and lifestyle) for a job. He was always leaving coke bottles half full of his piss in the shower to take in for re-testing (and then failing again)

Eventually, he just diluted his wee and started the job the next week =D

well SWIM had his medical today, his employer didnt request a drug test but a few people in the place where going under one, the forms where long for drug testing, standard disclaimer plus a list of drugs you should tick yes or no too, meth was at the top of the list, at a quick glance it covered meth,speed.thc,lsd!! and roids.. SWIM had a urnine test and is glucose levels where normal.

but other than that, standard med check cough/follow my finger with your eyes/ bend over and touch your toes. heart rate/ lung test and a hearing test.

from the people i spoke to in the carpark a number of major companies are drugs testing, mainly logistics and all the major retailers..

SWIM is relaxed

- mofo

I think I'm going to have to add SWIM to the list of banned Bluelight words ;)