Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

General Inquiry: Oxblood in Australia

psybeebee

Bluelighter
there seems to be little detailed information on the internet about this liquid form of methamphetamine. i've been led to believe that it's highly pure, but i'm confused as to why it's coloured the way it is (deep red - i'm told it isn't due to an incorrect red phosphorus procedure - little help guys??).

i'm also generlly interested in any information on the relative purity of this form of methamphetamine, specifically in australia, and any user experiences - as a close friend of mine once overdosed on a small amount, claiming it was ridiculously pure(?)

i would also like to know the safest and most effective methods of use.

thanks in advance!
psybee

Ive not heard of this before...
Ive heard that MA is highly disovable in water though, i assume it would be quite hard to dose yourself on it?

i killed an ox once its blood just tasted like aids, still gotme pritty fucked though

ox blood is alegedly made by turning the heat up and down at a specific point in the process of making meth. even the maker (who was retired due to being busted before i knew him) said it was toxic as and wouldnt touch it with a ten foot pole.

beleive me or not, but i've seen his court papers and he was telling the truth about them so i do believe him.

Methamphetamine in its pure hydrochloride salt form is colorless. However, products on the market today are often not colorless. The following is a table of some common impurities and the colors associated with them. Note: There is no doubt a segment of the dealers who will add food coloring or some other such color to their drug to make it more appealing, with the philosophy that a brightly-colored product may sell better than an off color product. This is relatively uncommon however.

* RED: The product was made from pseudoephedrine, and the red coloring of the tablet was not adequately washed away (it is difficult)
* ORANGE: Ephedrine sulfate was used, and some of the sulfate was reduced to sulfur.
* PURPLE: Iodine from a phosphorus-iodine reaction was not washed out.
* GREEN: Copper (or other metallic) salts somehow made their way in to the mixture, probably due to the reaction vessel used in the manufacture.
* BROWN: Oxidized red coloring (see above), or tablating agent was present in the reduction.

Sometimes "speed" is present as waxy rocks that almost seem wet, but do not dry out properly. I am not sure what the cause of this is, but its most likely some form of oil, either formed in the reaction or left over from a very poor solvent. It may or may not be harmless depending upon what it is. This oil is often removed with acetone, but ethyl-ether would be better suited for this as it dries faster.

from http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/meth/meth_faq.shtml#street

That red colouring doesn't apply to many tablets in Australia, i have only come across one tablet that was red in colour and contained pseudoephedrine.

JoeBloggs said:

JoeBloggs - i realise and have read this, but was wanting a second opinion on whether the colouring was really from an incorrect red phosphorus procedure, as i have been led to beleive it's not. i'm really after an opinion from someone who has had experience with oxblood.

perhaps my friend's "overdose" was merely poisoning from other dangerous compounds in the oxblood. although, to the best of my memory his symptoms were consistant with an amphetamine overdose..

hrmm.. more information would be greatly appreciated!

Oxblood colouring in some cases may also be due to intentional iodine addition, or as was mentioned, from running the reaction at too high a temperature where dimers, iodo-compounds, and other impurities can be produced.

Safest and most effective use? Until the constituents can be identified and cleared of toxic properties I'd suggest not taking it, but then that's not likely to happen, and so probably isn't what you wanted to hear.

An acid base recrystallisation using appropriate solvents (details elsewhere) may remove the colouring and some of the other nasties. Just be aware that to be caught doing such could be interpreted as manufacturing so you'd want to think carefully before deciding it's a worthwhile exercise. As I've said many times, I don't think it is worthwhile.

I've got plenty of experience with oxblood, it's very common around here. I've found it to be on the stronger side of things, but not to the extent your friend said. Before I started smoking meth I could go the whole night on 1 or 2 points of it (eaten, or sometimes cut up with glucose and snorted). Once I was smoking meth all the time though, I found that I would need half a gram or more per night to stay buzzed.

It's pretty good stuff, as a general rule, stronger than most base around. I wouldn't go injecting it for purity reasons (I have my doubts about what the contaminents are, it's ok to eat thought), but I've known people to inject it with no probs. Eating it or snorting it, in my experiences, has been quite good :)

I had some 'oxblood' base in Melbourne about 4 years ago. I got it from a friend who at the time was living with a fairly 'big' dealer with products of a 'questionable' nature. He always had weird stuff, pure mesc, pcp, synth coke, 2cb.. etc etc. 9 times out of 10 they turned out to be pretty dodgy a slight buzz at best. But sometimes he had some interesting stuff that turned out to be pretty good.

The oxblood was basically a real dense red rock. They told me stories of intense purity, overdoses, etc etc. I ate probably about 150mg of this stuff, it was definately pretty strong. But nothing compared to the myth that sorounds it.

The mythical ox-blood is said to be a liquid.

Ox-blood seems to have just become a slang term for dirty coloured amphetamines.

Yeah the ox blood I got was always a solid if left in the freezer, gooey if stored at room temp, and a liquid if you left in your pocket while dancing all night in a hot club.

from my experience its slightly stronger then average. the ox blood has a lot of hype and the dealers use this to their advantage telling stories of super pure stuff etc, just good marketing tactics. it works people sort out this rare and wonderful 'ox blood' when really its just normal gas* with a deeper red colour

* we call it gas here or bas, i think they call it different names around the place

correct about dlers sayin red shit is oxblood....buyer beware ;)

Last edited: