• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Crystal Meth vs. Caffeine? What dooes meth feel like?

drfeelgood1

Bluelighter
I dont wanna try speed, but does speed or meth feels like? Does it feel like drinking a few energy or 5 expresso coffees?? Does make or heart beat twice as fast as an energy drink or coffee?

thanks

It feels like... compulsive/obsessive energy drive combined with the desire to live. Something like that. It's incomparable to caffeine.

What about heart rate...Does it start to race like crazy as you were drinking a coffee??

And what do you mean desire to live? I thought most tweekers want to kill themselves and become violent...

As far as heart-rate goes, it speeds up a lot, but it doesn't come to the front of your notice until you go too far or begin to crash.

Desire to live... Maybe "desire" is a wrong word to use. Perhaps "drive" is more fitting here as well. You are moved to... do things. It's not a coke-like "Yeah! I'm the king of the fucking world!" sort of feeling, but more of an automotion to act, perform. Hard to explain, when the meth is gone, so is your will to do anything at all - thus the universal feeling of "life is not worth living" when you suddenly can't score more for whatever reason.

This is really not helpful, I'm realizing. I hope someone with better literary abilities helps explain.

So the feeling is like between taking so much caffeine and opiates...Am I right??? So with the caffeine you get your cardio working up like crazy and the opiate effects is the euphoric feeling..am I right?

no the, the feeling is like taking speed. Its really not comparable to anything else.

honestly when i smoke ice i feel sober but fast. When i come down though I realize how high i was and always want more.

commparing crystal meth to caffeine is like trying to compare an air rifle to an atomic bomb. if you think caffiene gives you a good buzz, a good dose of crystal meth is going to fuck you up. meth increases ur heartrate a lot, im on the end of a 2 day bender and my heart rate is still around 80bpm, and has been over 100bpm around a good smoke.

it doesnt raise my heart rate much at all unless i do way too much then it jumps to 120 which sucks, but I can bring it down with some effort or benzos, valium drops it was down to a comfortabe 71 BPM. but the comparison to caffeine is useless, crystal is the higest high Its lie waking form being asleep all your life , its like you suddenly kow who you are and that you deserve pleasure ( fun, smiles, sex etc ) i think of good crystal as more like taking too much X and not feeling LOVE but feeling confidence and the urge to get a lot of stuff done which may or may not happen. I got a lOT done this past few days , but now for the next few days , sleeping 13 hours a night and then moping the rest of the time is sure from caffeine .

sorry I meant to end it " sure is far from caffeine" but my typing shows the results, ahh crystal, so good, you should never start it ! way better than silly little X !

this vs this threads are pointless unless you are talking about extremely similar substances like MDxx compounds.

there is only one comparison you could possibly draw between meth and caffeine and its a bit of a stretch. caffiene makes me quite jittery and i find having more than one cup of coffee can be stimulating in a negative way, basically it makes me feel a little bit anxious.

smoking large quantities of meth gives give me a similar sort of feeling. the first couple of pipes are relaxing, for a period after that smoking more is stimulating in a positive way but once you start to really binge i find i get too speedy and the feeling is tainted by anxiety and a unpleasant compulsive behaviour.

caffiene is mentally stimulating whereas meth is whole body stimulating. there is a definate body and mind rush and while in small doses it is mentally stimulating the more you have the faster your brain goes and the more scrambled things become

I just tried it tonight (eating). All I can say that it is a much better stimulant than coffee. My thoughts are crystal clear but I'm really calm and collected at the same time. Coffee generally makes you jittery and your thoughts aren't really "clear thoughts."

Meth vs Caffiene?? Meth would definitly win in a fight, come on man!

rocklobster said:
As far as heart-rate goes, it speeds up a lot, but it doesn't come to the front of your notice until you go too far or begin to crash.

Desire to live... Maybe "desire" is a wrong word to use. Perhaps "drive" is more fitting here as well. You are moved to... do things. It's not a coke-like "Yeah! I'm the king of the fucking world!" sort of feeling, but more of an automotion to act, perform. Hard to explain, when the meth is gone, so is your will to do anything at all - thus the universal feeling of "life is not worth living" when you suddenly can't score more for whatever reason.

This is really not helpful, I'm realizing. I hope someone with better literary abilities helps explain.

I think that was pretty well explained but amphetamines tend to give you an urge to do things whereas caffeine is nothing more than a mild pick me up.

Yeah its a common question for someone who hasnt experienced that intense stimulant/coffee X 1000 and more type of feeling.

Actually I just dosed my last bit after making a decent sized sack last me more than a week. Unheard of among my circle....but I am different than most stereotypical tweaker types, as well.

And if/when you do try it, get something done and dont just flail out, you'll feel motivated and an enormous task will suddenly be appealing, even when you know it shouldn't be.

EXAMPLE :

Im heading to work, and I know that I have to work over 12 hrs today of hard work, but Im in a great mood and I know that I'm gonna hit the day head on and raise the bar.

Normally, I'd be up, need a shower and a cup of coffee to get me awake then try and talk myself into making the trip into work for another monotonous day of blue-collar wonderland.

:D

yea, it's sort of comparable to that split second in life when you're extremely excited.. except it lasts for 4 hours. you get full body tingles, every breath you take feels so clean & beautiful, *intense* euphoria, so happy to be alive and you feel like seize the day....! This is the day you will do all those things you have been avoiding, this is the day you will organise everything in your life and it will be PERFECT. and YOU will be perfect too!

Then you get stuck on doing one thing cos it feels so damn good that you keep doing it over and over and over and over.

Then on the comedown you feel complete anhedonia. Head hurts, not hungry, feel dirty, tired... like when you stay up all night and the morning sun makes you feel sick. And you look back on the night...and you're spotless house....you realise what a big mistake you just made.

Its pretty hard to describe how a drug feels man, you cant really compare meth to coffee but yes it has stimulant effects like coffee.

komenzar said:
Im heading to work, and I know that I have to work over 12 hrs today of hard work, but Im in a great mood and I know that I'm gonna hit the day head on and raise the bar.

Normally, I'd be up, need a shower and a cup of coffee to get me awake then try and talk myself into making the trip into work for another monotonous day of blue-collar wonderland.
IMO, that's the best way of describing the allure or stimulants. its also why they're so addictive too. :\