Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Drug tests in the Mines-Hair tests?

Perfection

Greenlighter
I have read the FAQ and done a search, found one thread on this subject but thought I'd throw the question up for some more information from people that perhaps didn't see the other thread. I'm considering going to the mines for work. Most require you pass a drug test before starting work. Does anyone know of what type of tests are conducted, ie. Urine or Hair. It seems most people have said urine in the past, in which case I'll be fine, but I'm worried that I might come up against a hair test. Obviously I don't want to go to all the effort of a move only to fail a drug test. So does anyone know if the mines are conducting hair tests?

I'm sorry, I can't accurately answer your question. But, I do remember hearing that hair-tests can show a positive to certain substances many years after use. So, one would automatically assume that it would not be fair to discriminate against a potential employee, because they experimented with drugs, some... 6-7 years ago. I could be wrong, though I'm sure I read somewhere that they do hair drug-tests for commercial pilots, etc...

As far as I know, most drug-tests are conducted via: urine analysis, in which the drugs are usually eliminated from urine in a couple of weeks at most, with the exception of THC/Cannabinoids, which can sometimes be up to something like 6 weeks.

Sorry I couldn't be much more help. :\

I'd imagine it would be urine testing because hair testing would be more expensive and more involved.

Plus, as Diacetylus said, it wouldn't be fair to discriminate somebody who had used drugs years ago.

The hair tests can be accurate for as long a time as your hair is. If you have 7 years of growth on your head then theoretically they can tell what you did 7 years ago. Maybe shave and polish your head before you leave ;)
Note: Possibly not entirely accurate information

From all my friends who work in the mines I've never heard of a hair test being done. They have all had urine tests though. Its still all but possible for hair tests to be done but I would guess its quite rare. If your worried about it stay clean for a while before you go for the job.

Heaps of information about drug testing in the forums if you search.

Cheers guys, have had a decent look around and know of the detection periods and all that. I plan on staying off for a while I just wanted to know if anyone had heard of hair testing and by all accounts it would be a pretty rare occurance. 90 days just seems so long that's all :p

oh fuck i am thinking of going to the mines and my hair has been growing for 6 years!! they would detect like over 60 different drugs

im a mining engineer and have worked for a number of companies on a number of different sites both underground and open pit and i can tell u from experience that ALL companies require u to pass a urine drug screen prior to coming to site and they also have random drug tests while ur at site. my advice to u is to avoid weed for at least 2 months before u come to site because it stays in ur system the longest, but other drugs (eg. amphetamine, methamphethamine, opiates) stay in ur system only a few days so u can use them at the start of your week off and be clean before u go back to site.

Yeah, its urine testing, but dont worry, i worked at the mines recently, the night after we all got drug tested, we went out to this party and the majority of the people from the mine were out pinging, as long as you pass the initial test, i doubt there is any follow up test, otherwise they would have to sack the whole mine.

Yeah, one of my best mates whom i live with works in the mines in Perth and it is urine tests. Steer clear of the dope as said before it stays in ur system for ages. Amphetamines are generally only a 2 - 3 day thing.

My mate sometimes comes back Friday, gets on it, and is fine to go back the next weekend.

I'm just bumping this to double check their haven't been any major developments ie. a mass switch over to hair testing over the past few months :p The time is getting closer for me to go so any and all information is kindly welcomed.

My mate is currently working in the mines. He was piss tested as soon as he got there (they watched him piss into a cup).

He tested clean for everything but Valium, which is odd because he doesn't even know what it is let alone take it. The piss tested him again, he was clean and they let him work.

Just be careful with pot, it stays in your system for ages.

so... atfer reading the posts here:

In summary.... avoid cannabis.