Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

JTV Friday 28th July 11:10pm on ABC

mrK!NGP!N

Bluelighter
Just thought I would remind everyone to watch ABC channel 2 this friday at 11:10pm, JTV presented by Robbie Buck..

The shows mainly about music but also about whats happening in the scene..

They are going to be doing a bit on Harm reduction as well..

The more people who watch it the better ratings they get so show will stay on air for alot longer...

It doesn't sound like the HACK type part is going to be a big section of this to begin with but I can't wait to it.

Woohoo! That was awesome =D Hack bit was pretty short, but good to see Dr. Caldicott talking sense as always! Only thing I think the segment missed was to mention that pure MDMA itself is "safe" to use as a party drug. Obviously it can have its dangers if taken in huge amounts, or issues with water intoxication but compared to the other shite you find in pills it is "safe". The way the segment was presented I think failed to highlight the fact that MDMA is less dangerous than the other stuff in pills, it perhaps looked like it was just users whinging that their pills were impure.

Good to see it in the mass media though, bring it on! I hope there'll be something related to harm minimisation every week...

Oh and I
24.gif
Death Cab :) Saw them in Brissie a week ago.

That Hack piece was great, I particularly liked the logic of the doctor who said that politicians who are making the policies need to walk a mile in their shoes when they ring parents of people who have od'd. They should make that compulsory.
:)
I would take it one step further and force the entire parliment to take pills one day and televise it!!
;)
the only thing I sorta didn't like was that it would seem to somone just tuning in briefly (to the debate that is) that the only people who take pills are teenagers who need to have their mum rung if something goes pear shaped.....made me feel old.8(

Nice report, Dr. Caldicott is brilliant. Interseting that chris pyne said that pill testing would fly in the face of the 1billion+ the government spent on the war on drugs, as if he doesn't wan't to do it because it will portray the government as hypocritical. Why this is a problem for the Howard government i really have no idea:\

I thought that spoke for itself too....he literally said it didn't matter if the policy was wrong but rather that it was more imporant to not look like they might have made a misjudgement...
8)

Mr KP are you in some way involved in JTV or your just really keen on helping them advertise? :)

Great story, as always from Steve.

Watch the full interview with Pyne to see just how completely out of touch he is. "They'd think we were the band". What the fuck?

And he lies. Straight out lies. Look for a press release very soon form Enlighten to pull him up on these lies.

EDIT: the full Sandra Kanck interview is here:

http://abc.net.au/jtv/video/default.htm?clip=sandrakanck

Last edited:
Sandra Kanck is awesome! I bet she had heaps of ppl coming up and hugging her when she was there.. I fucken wood! =D

The interview with chris pyne was hilarious, he sounded so uneducated about the whole topic! Dr Caldicott had it right, politicians need to stop looking at these sorts of issues as some sort of philosophical battle against something that is clearly "wrong" :p They're so invested, ($1bn deep) in their ignorant notion that they can actually stop people taking pills, and win the "war", that they don't even give harm minimisation the time of day!

It's good to see educated, intelligent, compassionate members in our society such as Dr Caldicott and Sandra Kanck actually taking a serious interest in tackling these issues! And making it to the mass media, Fuck Yeah! Go Dr Caldicott!! =D =D

"93% of all drug related deaths come from alcohol and tobaco these are the real drugs that causing harm in the community aren't they?"

"No ... " PFFFFT
Then he says there is more users of alcohol and tobaco. so doesn't that mean that they are more harmful

Last edited:
Gee Christopher Pyne must have been a fun guy to hang out with when he was younger.. "No drugs for me thank you, don't you know I want to be a politician!"

His maths isn't very good either. Cigarettes kill around 19,000 Australians every year. Ecstacy kills what, maybe 10? That statistic about one every 2 weeks is bullshit, it includes any death where ecstacy was a cause, not necessarily the cause. Even if it's not bullshit, say ecstacy kills 26 people a year. So tobacco kills around 730 times as many people as ecstacy.

Now according to Pyne, ecstacy is more dangerous, its just that less people use it. Around 25% of the Australian population smokes, and this leads to 730 times as many deaths as ecstacy. This means that, using Pyne-logic, there must be at least 730 times as many people smoking as there are using ectsacy. Around 25% of the Australian population smokes. One 730th of 25% is .03%. .03% of Australia's population is aproximately 60,000 people. For Pyne-logic to stand up, there would have to be less than 60,000 people in Australia that take ecstacy. Yeah right..

76fish said:
Ecstacy kills what, maybe 10? .

Actually, I'm sure the number of deaths related to people taking ACTUAL MDMA would be far less. These deaths would be pills people thought were MDMA, which is a direct result of it being an illicit trade.

i LOVE the hack program - the ONLY good quality current affairs program i know. Steve Cannane, Kate O'toole and all the others- THANKS for getting the REAL stories and the truth out there and for highlighting the fools the politicians and the like are. Steve Cannane is my hero - the kind of person i'd aspire to be.

Another Hack special on this Friday 20 October regarding NSW drug laws, the sinffer dogs and the like. Steve Cannane has been following my boyfriend's story for the last 6 months and this is a result of it.

Actually i may post a new thread on this - i think its all very important.