• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

How corrosive is Marquis reagent?

liquidocean

Bluelighter
Has anyone ever touched this stuff or spilled it on anything? Just kind of worried, i sometimes carry it in my pack in case we're buying pills on the run.

It is EXTREMELY corrosive.
A leaking test should be returned to us immediately and we will replace it.
Always keep it in the container !
Regards
aj

So you have to perform a test on something like porcelain? Some peeps where talking about getting strange results when doing the test on paper, i thought to suggest that the reagent would break down the paper and hence compromise results, but i was unsure so kept quiet, (fear the flame).
So my question; would testing on paper affect the result?

Highly fucking corrosive is about right!
When I was in Amsterdam 2 weeks ago I was testing as many different pills as I could to find some good ones . On the Sunday morning I was sitting having some coffee with a couple of dealers who had the best beans, slightly shitfaced, when I felt a bit of a burning sensation on my leg.I ignored it for a second, then it got a bit more insistent. I suddenly remembered the EZ test in my pocket and pulled my pocket out of my trousers to find the stuff had leaked, burned thru my trousers, thru my Calvins and thru the skin on my leg! I still have four nice pussy scars, holed trousers and ruined Calvins to remind me to keep the fucking bottle sealed in a sealed plastic bag away from my skin. There's a lesson in that for all of us......
PS the dealers burned their fingers playing with the bottle before I wiped it down, even though I'd showed them what it had done to me. I'm sure they're charging me extra now. Doh!
------------------
"Tuppence a bucket, well stamped down!" - Rincewind the wizard

OK, this is very good feedback.
We were already experimerimenting with special chemical envelopes.
I will talk about it with Ewoud and figure out whether we can increase safety.
I am sure everybody reads our disclaimer before buying a test ;-)
No kidding, I am really sorry that this happened, thanks for letting me know.
regards
aj

I wasn't thinking of taking legal action aj! I don't think I can sue EZ test because I am too stupid to screw the cap on a bottle correctly when I'm shitfaced! I've ordered another bottle as it does save a lot of bullshit with dodgy dealers.
Having said that, are you shipping many to the US? you know how litigious they are there. (apologies for stereotyping Americans to all US bluelighters)
------------------
"Tuppence a bucket, well stamped down!" - Rincewind the wizard
[This message has been edited by paddyboy (edited 17 March 2000).]

there concentrated sulfuric acid in those little testers, so yeah don't get it on u.
and conc sulfuric acid turns paper and wood black and will dissolve metal. so the silly people testing on paper, e/g in clubs will be getting black reactions ALL the time, which defeats the purpose doesn't it.
glass or glazed porcelain only things to test on.

I always carry a white contact lens container. You can see the colour change real easy on the white background, it doesnt run away (being in a little ink well) and can be resealed to avoid spilling on to yourself. Once done take home, wash it dry it and start again.