Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

'Have an awesome night' - AFP...?

Doogan

Bluelighter
I was just surfing AFP website to find sum info on the goldcoast Busts that occurred today when i find this little 'Irony of ecstasy.pdf'. I must admit I was suprised to find sumthing that read like this within the AFP website, and had to laugh at how the referred to heavy droppers as Ekie monsters or sumthing like that... lol neway take a look.8o :)

http://www.afp.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/5401/ironyecstasy.pdf

I love the artist's interpretation of the *Eckie Monster* it kinda reminds me of my early days before I knew anything about any drugs- I just took them.

I think the AFP is half on the right track with this one, maybe they could convert this into a flyer and distribute at raves rather than raid people or their cars. Show their presence for safety reasons, not for any other.

SpecTBK=D

Coming down from ecstasy is ten times worse than a
hangover from alcohol. These come-downs cause major
anxiety and can lead to depression and insomnia.

Where does the AFP get that statistical nugget from - from my experience I’ve never had a alcohol hangover not exceed that of consuming MDMA.

In fact i refuse to drink to get drunk anymore. Its not worth it.

There have even been cases
where spinal fluid has drained
from the cerebral part of the brain.
If this happens, you could be in
a wheelchair for life.
So don't be an ecky monster!

Considering say ectasy.org and bluelight.ru and erowid.org (and the hive etc) are the authorative websites on rec drug use of MDMA i've never ever heard that occurring to anyone.

Is it true?

Probably the scariest fact about ecstasy
is the amount of serotonin your brain releases.
Serotonin is the chemical that controls your
moods and thought processes. Try to imagine
that everyone gets a certain quota of serotonin
over their lifetime. By using too much, too soon,
your brain is likely to run out later in life.
Without enough serotonin, you’re subject to
serious bouts of depression and mental illness.

huh - where did they find this neurochemistry "fact"

^^ wow 8o lol

how can they keep their faces straight while handing these out

I have one of these flyers, got them in fortitude valley when i was out one night about a year or more ago. It was good for a laugh, kept me amused for 10 minutes then it was time to take another pill.

Fuck, i hope i havent gone over my seratonin qouta
lord knows you only get so much of that shit.

Originally posted by pill_jockey
I have one of these flyers, got them in fortitude valley when i was out one night about a year or more ago. It was good for a laugh, kept me amused for 10 minutes then it was time to take another pill.

^
=D Nice one! that's exactly what I'd have done! Fucking government propaganda still taking their statistical "information" from the U.S govenment tests that predicted doom for the chemical generation over 15yrs ago! Fuckers!:p

Probably the scariest fact about ecstasy
is the amount of serotonin your brain releases.
Serotonin is the chemical that controls your
moods and thought processes. Try to imagine
Without enough serotonin, you’re subject to
serious bouts of depression and mental illness.

hmm a future market in serotonin could arise!

anyone wanna buy some cheap serotonin? i should still have a fair bit left of my 'quota' :D

pill_jockey said:
Personally I would have crushed up a pill inside it and used it to bomb the pill

llama said:
hmm a future market in serotonin could arise!

anyone wanna buy some cheap serotonin? i should still have a fair bit left of my 'quota' :D

It is being developed to help fight mental illness.. and of course, marketed correctly, it will make the patient holders very rich.

The basis for the idea is that an implant will be administered to measure the amount of Srotonin passing thru the BBB. If the system detects a low amount, then it will dose up the patient, very slowly, so the amount returns to normal...

Take this system, hack it and we could have a 'press the button' seretonin release.. pretty sad I think..

ya.

Far out! That little pamphlet has been floating around for the past 5 years or so at least.

Try to imagine

Absolute crap. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter with a turnover rate. Regular metabolism requires that it be continuously produced in the body and brain

Comment on the depletion of spinal fluid is also myth-leading. HIAA or hydroxyindoleacetic acid is one of the normal metabolic products formed from the breakdown of serotonin. HIAA is found in the brain and in cerebrospinal fluid (CSF). When serotonin is depleted - considered a neurotoxic action and occurs after mid-high levels of MDMA - it is reasonable to expect HIAA is also reduced. Using this reasoning, levels of HIAA in CSF were found to be a marker of MDMA induced serotonin reduction.

With this sort of propaganda still available from their site, the AFP will be prime candidates for the upcoming "hall of shame"

Check out the Metabolism of Tryptophan. 5-HIAA is represented in it's non-protonated form (acetate) at the top of the page just right of centre.

Last edited:
The average ecstasy experience
kicks in about half an hour after
taking the tablet. You tend to peak
at around the 2 to 6 hour mark,
and the effects can last anywhere
up to 32 hours.

Damn 8o !!!

It's half correct, while the other half was exaggerations, lies and myths. I've even never heard the term 'ecky monster' (but quite often throw around E-tard). Maybe we should rewrite the flyer for them.

Another surprising association concerns that between the term "designer drug" and pill logos such as those carrying a designer or commercial manufacturers logo.

Designer drugs are, by definition analogues or homologs of a similar compound, often with similar psychoactive properties. Some years ago, when illicit substances were catagorised specifically by their exact chemical makeup, a chemist could effectively produce a legal drug by synthesising a structurally similar substance.

Today, the term designer drug is still used, although legislation in Aus, like that of NZ, US and UK has a more comprehensive and broader approach to preventing drugs designed by such modifications.

To be fair, many of the points are accurate and truthful. However, IMO a government department with the profile of the AFP should ensure all information given out is correct.

I recently saw a recently released booklet on Ecstasy ( NSW health), now also being distributed by some Qld drug advisory groups. I thought it was the best I've seen for some years and felt all peer educators should be handing it out. I had a copy but someone needed it more than I did - I'll see if I can find it online or get another hardcopy to scan.

makes me soo angry - someone needs to make threats to the governemnt - or we need free to air no bullsiht TV.
i would like (dream) take someone Tv personality hostage or police man and treaten to kill if they don't release all th true facts and correct dozns off propaganda thats on shows like today tonight etc. imagin if they had to say sorry we made up all this bullshit about drugs.. fuck it makes me so mad!!!!
its what cause average people to dob in drug dealers cause they think thats that danger poisonous ru thats killing our young people.

in the words of NWA: FUCK THE POLICE

Last edited:
whoa. bit of an issue here. it is funny how thes eflyers are supposed to be arming people with unbiased facts. when it is quite biased and the facts are not necessarily facts. and statements are not always supported by any facts or arguments. bleh!

i would like (dream) take someone Tv personality hostage or police man and treaten to kill if they don't release all th true facts and correct dozns off propaganda thats on shows like today tonight etc. imagin if they had to say sorry we made up all this bullshit about drugs.. fuck it makes me so mad!!!!

No, really you wouldn't. You would only be portrayed as some druggie gone off the rails. The public would more than likely reserve all sympathy for the hostage, further reminding them of the evils of drugs. I know it was only a thought borne out of frustration, but threatening people in this manner would be completely ineffective IMO.

What we need IMO is more prominent people taking a stand against the propaganda, which is slowly happening, although the hardline anti-drug/ anti-freedom/ anti-leftist...etc advocates will still have some tricks up their sleave. Tricks which will undoubtedly have considerable impact on the sheep of this country (i.e. most conservative voters). Some people need to be told lies in order that their values are kept alive.

These people, those scared of change, or broadly xenophobic, don't need free thinking types that might change the sociological values we've all been made to kneel to 8)

What we need IMO is more prominent people taking a stand against the propaganda, which is slowly happening, although the hardline anti-drug/ anti-freedom/ anti-leftist...etc advocates will still have some tricks up their sleave. Tricks which will undoubtedly have considerable impact on the sheep of this country (i.e. most conservative voters). Some people need to be told lies in order that their values are kept alive.

I don't know how you do it Phase.. From reading your posts over the time that I've been a member here I know you've been in this "search for truth", "Tell it HOW it is" business for a long time... I know that you know your stuff, stuff that few in the legislation passing industry seldom want to know..

Over the time that you've been into this righteous path, dosen't it disturb you that opinions don't seem to be changing all that much, and in-fact the conservatism of peoples opinions are seemingly becoming more solidified? Doesn't this pahmphlet just prove that governmental Orgns are more interested in focing their desired path by producing information simmilar to a 21st centuries version of "reefer madness"?

Just asking cause I don't know If when I get to your level of experience I'd be able to produce one iota of positivism on such issues..:(
Man, I hope that in my time I'll see some change in these attitudes that cause me to be viewed as a criminal/druggie.. Every time a "new" pamphlet like this is created by an institution that the general voting public take their ques from I become a little bit more bitter and cynical towards the idea that some sort of change may actually be attainable..