Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Qualoods, Qualoots ???

Special-T.B.K

Bluelighter
Good day.

I don't know how it's spelt. But could somebody tell me what Qualoods are? or whatever they're called. I've just been hearing about them alot lately and have no idea what they are.

Or if you can't understand me, the way it's pronounced is- Kway-loods... Kway-loots.

Okay, Qualuudes, KOOL KOOL. Now that I know!

How popular is recreational use in Aus, does anybody still use Qualuudes? or have you used Qualuudes in Aus in the last 2 years?

SpecTBK=D

Last edited:
Yah, Quaalude was the brand name for a pill containing methaqualone and an antihistamine. I beleive they're still made by a drug company for use in select countries where it's legal (very few), but the majority is counterfeited in clandestine labs in east Africa and is a popular drug in African countries.

Yeah... Mandrax is it's common brand name, and as said above, it is highly abused in South Africa, mainly smoked from what I understand. Basically, it is a strong sedative that is extremely euphoric, for a tranquilizer...
You'll have very little luck finding this in Australia (unless syndicates start smuggling into Australia?) and it was completely ripped off the market in Australia and the States.
Put it this way, for the benzo users (even though it's not actually a benzodiazapine), it would be an extremely treasured substance.
I've always wanted to try it.

^^^I dunno. I've used it a few times (ultimate source=unsure) and it really didn't rock me or get me off in an extraordinary way honestly. I'd prefer some large doses of valium or Kpin or Xanax.

Last edited:
Man o man, of all the drugs I'd love to try, ludes would be the one. I'd have to dig up some serious 70s disco, crack open some champagne and neck a few 'ludes with some ladies! Perfect!

Qaaludes or Mandrax were common in the mid seventies. Before being removed from general use Mandrax was a very widely abused drug. Smoking Mandrax was also quite a common practice.

When MDMA first came on the scene, a couple of older users described the effects as being similar to Mandrax, although I personally didn't see it that way.

I would love to try this, or any other barbiturate like substance I would probably keep a few just for show hehe, Id buy one of those old pharmaceutical adverts and stick it in a frame.

fuck i hate missing out on a drug.
so it in africa is it OTC or on the streets

if i remember, they had a rant about it on that sbs's the ice ad doco, they gave it the highest level restriction, and the company just found another compound to use, the feds in the states are trying to do the same thing with peduo, however only 9 companys in the world make it and they are based in india, you may find it in a 3rd world countries medical center, however its been almost 30years since its been off the market in any real country