• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Fentanyl question LEGIT use ???

MrDummy#1

Bluelighter
Hey guys/gals, I tried the search engine but all I found was the eating/ smoking thread topics of Fent. My doc wants me to try a few patches to see if they will work instead of the hydros I take everyday for life. I currently take 60mg a day up to 120mgs some days when I am stressed and need a little buzz..

Now my question is this, he gave me 3 100mcg patches to test out, basically have an appt in a week to let him know.. now I have to stop taking the norcos I am told by him.

But I forgot a few questions for him, like this one.. Wheres the best place to put it, and will I have withdrawels from not taking the norcos.. How long does the patch take to kick in? and should I use it as directed or cut in slivers to chew during the day instead of using the patch.

Any help on this would be GREAT and I couldnt find the converter chart is it on Erowid ? or can someone add the link here so I can research more. I am just scared since I hear bad shit about these bitches..

thanks for any help

I've heard a place to put is the bottom right corner of your palm. I would imagine the inside of your thighs might also be a good place, the inside of your bicep would most likley be good too.

Don't worry you will not withdrawal from hydrocodone while on fentanyl. Fentanyl is about 100X the potency of morphine.

Make sure you shave the area you're going to put it on!!!! Every bit of peach fuzz counts.

Use the patch. It's stronger than heroin and lasts 72 hours if you keep it on the whole 72 hours. I'm too hairy to put it anywhere except my upper arm or back. I would recommend those places, that's where most people put Nicorette patches too, as far as I know.

Ok, I can shave and put it on upper chest, I work a pysical job so my palms or thighs would not work.. My upper arm it might loosen and fall off since I have to move my arms all day lifting shit and sweating..

Now does anyone know the kick in time, I know like the next day for sure, but does anyone know the initial kick in time.. i.e. 6 hrs? 12 hrs? 1 hr?

and thanks for the replies...

I want to stop taking the hydros in enough time , I dont want to die in my sleep and these being the strongest, do you think its an ok dose for me, i have been on 60mg min a day of norcos for over 3 years so far..

I just hear of all the ODing and it scares the piss outta me...

thanks again

thanks coolio...

I just shaved my upper chest and am going to try it there and see

^^ update, I put the patch on and stopped taking the norcos as of now, so I guess I will know for sure when I wake up at 6 am for work tomm if it works or not

shit, I forgot to ask, should I be wary of any warnings of overdose? or that 100 mcg patch maybe too powerful??

thanks

If they were given to you by your doctor and you're using them according to your doctor's instructions - I think you shouldn't worry about OD'ing on them. I'd trust that the doctor knows his stuff.

Thats what I am hoping, but you Never can be to safe nowadays and thats what the great bluelight is here for. %)

lets us know how it goes. i worked at a heart hospital before, and the only experience i've had with fetanyl was with a patient who had the lollipops, in the most powerful dosage they make ( i can't remember what it was). that patient was a serious opiate addict though, and was having heart failure and respiratory distress due to problems because of her drug usage. she was seriously addicted, and after we caught her using crystal meth ( while still in the hospital) when we were taking her off the meds she checked out of the hospital AMA. this is highly addictive, even with perscribed usage, so be careful. i'm sorry that you're in such pain that you have to use this, that really sucks.

^^ my dose is 100 mcg which is the highest in patch form...

so far so good , i will keep you guys updated

which brand of patch do you have?!? duragesic(name brand with the GEL inside?) or the mylan generics?!?!?

also since this is your first time w/fent DO NOT TRY ABUSING THE PATCHES. just wear it as directed....it will take atleast 8 hours before you feel any real high from the patch, and dont expect too much.....i found the best effects didnt really happen until the 2nd day in....ahh smoking pot with those patches on was soooo fun.

^^ thanks and the ones I have are generic Mylans 100Mcg style...

He gave me 3 to try and I had to get the generics, these bitches are pricey..

Does it matter, and I do not plan on abusing, I was just curious to see if 100 Mcg is equal to my 60-100 mg norco daily dosing?

Sorry last Question, What is the difference from the Mylan and the Duralegic patches, besides the delivery? I was researching it and heard that the mylans are not as good as brand name? Is there any truth to that? and its been almost 24 hrs since I put patch on and I really do not feel anything and according to the conversion chart I only needed like a 50mcg patch not a 100. So I should actually get a buzz or something I would think??
THANKS

Duragestics are the ones you can smoke the fent from, mylan you cant, thats the only major difference I think, duragestics I find also have a quicker time-to-effect then mylan when worn as directed (On back). Yep...

Wont get buzzed, ya get noddy when worn

And fent takes time, because first it builds up in the dermis below where the patch was applied THEN its released into blood or something (my doctor told me)

^^ thanks, and I hope it works, cause nuttin yet... and to make matters worse the bitch keeps peeling off now cause I was sweating all day at work..

Fucking junk, I think I am going to stick with norcos, much easier.. So I had to tape it to my chest with first aid tape and I hope it still works

If your using the patch for pain management, your better off eating the gel or smokin' it, in my humble opinion, the patch just makes me sicker then fuck and falls off with my sweat too (which can be fixed by taping it to your back with optical tape).

These Mylans SUCK ASS... I am on 2nd day and I feel NO relief and actually am W/D from the norcos since I stopped taking them 2 days ago... I mean all the research says you will feel it by the 2nd day at the longest.. and I feel Nothing. and if the conversion chart is right I am taking enough Fent. to equall 225 or so mg a day of oxys... WTF?

and I used first aid tape around the edges to keep it from falling off which still barely works.. AND if I decided to try eating them HOW would I do it?

Since I have the Mylans which have no gel in them like the good Duralegics do..

I have tried being patient but I am getting pissed now... I will try searching on the Mylan patches to see if someone says how to do it..

FUCK patches.. IMO:X