• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Today show - legalising ecstasy for therapeutic uses.

Bent Mk2

Bluelighter
Watching the Today show this morning and they had Dr. Caldicott discussing the legalisation of MDMA for therapeutic uses.

Didn't matter how many times, or how many different ways he explained it to that bone headed, giggling skeletor Jessica Rowe, she just kept saying "but its dangerous". But once again he came across well, intelligent responses back-up up by actual facts.

Can't find the transcript, but a link to the video can be found here

Wow, she was clueless. Prime example of a typical brainwashed drone in our society.

"But, it's dangerous", she says... well, as David Caldicott tried to point out that so are other drugs used in medicine. Even the majority of OTC medicines don't come without their risks.

Hehe, couldn't help but laugh at Dr Calidocotss response when she brought up how others might react to MDMA being used therapeutically as being "morally wrong!"
Hehe. "Wowsers!"

When Chris Payne can't even give a good reason why MDMA should be illegal, except for "illegal drugs are dangerous" then you can't expect a person who gets feed lines by a autoque to say anything substantial.

I'd like to find a transcript of that interview, partly because i am interested in what he has to say, and partly because i like to see news presenters looking like idiots.

that was quite interesting. I don't think he could have made it any clearer without coming off as an asshole. She just looked stupid but i think a lot of people wont see it that way as that is a pretty stock standard display of interviewing skills in australian commercial media.

Does anyone else think he was kinda holding back laughter at some points throughout the interview. I just watched it a couple of times on the link that Bent Mk2 posted and he certainly seems to be tightly holding in a smirk from time to time.

I caught most of that this morning.

Dr Calidicott deserves any wraps he gets. The educated way he presented his POV was amazing. Jessica had nothing on him at all.

Just saw it on the net then and wow.... That is one dumb bitch haha. Her first argument was "but its dangerous" and then after he clearly explained the difference between MDMA and ecstasy and gave reasons why it would not be all that dangerous, she still used the same bloody line 5 more times!! She didn't even give reasons why it was dangerous. I'm just glad she didn't call it the "devils drug" or smthing haha.

i wonder if its her point or if she is simply reading the text they are presenting to her

Did Jessica Rowe go to a Catholic school? I just realised she talks exactly like a friend of mine who did.

There is no way she's speaking her own opinion on this topic. Definately being fed lines from the teleprompter and is probably saying something closer to what Eddie MacGuire would say than her own opinion. She's a talking head and not much else. She'd have to be about double her age for Nine to give her an opinion spot on the Today Show.

Thanksm IWillHostIt! I hate embedded streaming crap too, but I couldn't work out how to rip this out. Next i'll put it on YouTube, to make it even easier for people to see. Cheers.

just saw it then.. Dr Calidocot made her look like a missinformed moron! No matter what he said she kept trying to link it back to "dangers", and tacking on mentions of "deaths through overdoses"! :X

Seems like another quality report from the anti-drug, anti-thinking drones at good ol' channel 9!=D

What a stupid bitch. I felt so frustrated watching her speak. I felt like jumping into my screen and strangling her.

He could not have expressed that any better.

Even after clearly explaing the difference between what we know exctasy as and MDMA she was still ignorant enough to make the good old "but its dangerous comment".

Fucken media. Such a shadow is casted over the public. If only everyone was correctly educated and without bias then maybe people like Jessica Rowe would get it through their thick heads.

For fuck sakes this is a medical proffessional talking.

Hey, if Christopher Pyne doesn't need to research before he makes policy...

I say The Honourable Mr Pyne has set a great precedent for uni students everywhere. If the big fella doesn't need to do research for policy then surely students don't need to research assignments? Much the same way as the old Monash Uni Vice Chancellor.
I do love seeing smart people do dumb shit

They're not smart people. They just say what's expected of them and slip through the system. But that's a topic for another thread.