• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

paranoia

DavidL913

Greenlighter
I read on Erowid that pot sometimes gives you it or anxious thoughts. I've been blazin for one year already. I don't know why but I am starting to feel more and more distressed and paranoid. I don't know why. but when I'm around ppl I feel better. usually I get this burning alone. also I feel tired every time I come down.
Should I take a break?

I read something interesting the other day about mary j. A scientist was saying that marijuana doesn't cause paranoia. The paranoia comes from the fact that it is illegal, or I am assuming so in your case. If you ask residents from Amsterdam what type of symptoms smoking causes none of them will say paranoia.

Yeah, paranoia is mostly normal when you're doing some illegal and often disorienting. Just one of the natural results of a lot of stress.

Yeah, paranoia is mostly normal when you're doing some illegal and often disorienting. Just one of the natural results of a lot of stress.

Yea i guess u have a point there. I seem to get paranoid thoughts on cannabis, probly because i rarely do it. I find it strange that i don't get the similar sort of paranoid/anxious thougts when doing e, as its also illegal.

MDMA is antianxiolitic and tends to increase comfort/trust in most situations.

dln115 said:
If you ask residents from Amsterdam what type of symptoms smoking causes none of them will say paranoia.

8(

Not really. It's simply an effect that cannabis has. People in Holland also get paranoid, it has nothing to do with it being illegal, although that could play a role in you becoming paranoid about something.

ya... been smoking for 2~3 years now

i tend to get super paranoid when i smoked a doob in public (like parks)

i would worry that if some cop car drove by and smell it

i would worry that when i drive home and a cop car / undercover cop car pulled me over and found weed on me and give me a DUI ticket or worse, go to jail

i have no problem at home toking on my vaporizer, although after long smoking session it would get quite smelly (not like weed but something burnt) and running a fan takes care of it, without opening the windows ;)

i live in vancouver, british columbia of Canada, hopefully someday weed will be legalized :\

sigh~

never been paranoid myself,

well bar the fact that i'm naturally paranoid to a certain level, in fact lees paranoid since i've been smoking

Anxiety is a side effect of weed... thats why some people that are usually talkative are quiet after smoking. and if you have existing anxiety weed will make it worse, one of the reasons I don't smoke much... anxiety attacks arent too fun.

I've always believed that most anxiety on weed is caused by the fear of getting caught using an illegal substance. I believe the anxious thoughts aren't caused by the weed, but only "amplified", if you get what I mean. However, I rarely experience anxiety on pot, if anything it really lowers my inhibitions and really get's me talking. I'll only experience anxiety if I'm anxious before I smoke, hence my "amplification" theory.

I don't get paranoid on weed but one of my friends does. But he is always paranoid so I guess that PwnX's "amp" theory may hold some truth to it

you guys know what? I just bought a small bong and I'm FEEELIN GOOD RIGHT NOW.

lol

The anxiety thing is true. Weed does amplify and make you dwell more upon it.

I just try to think happy thoughts =)

I tend not to become paranoid on either pot or cocaine, but I think this just depends on the sort of person you are. I do however become paranoid when doing illegal things in public. It's just like, the risk is higher, so I worry more. I wouldn't even call it paranoia really, it's just like a heightened sense of danger accompanied by a heightened state of watchfulness for cops or whoever.

i think it does depend on your own strength of mind, if your a worrier naturally then chances are pot will increase this, thus creating paranoia. try eliminating the things you worry about when baked, keep your environment safe and comfortable, dont smoke in situations/with people you dont feel comfortable with etc, dont smoke if you have to do something, go somewhere or deal with people etc (unless you dont mind if people notice)

Obviously people are different, and reading this thread proves it, so get paranoid some dont. But my answer to your original q David is yea i do too. i have been smoking qutie regularly lately, and when i used to binge on oz's i used to get paranoid. this paranoia has of late started to affect the way i function, my relationship and university. so the best thing for it is definately a break. No touching weed for atleast 3 months. and if you cringe at that length of time well, just think how stoned you will be after the break...

if you're asking us if you should take a break i really think you should take the time to ask yourself that question. i mean you have the best answer for a question like that in all honestly considering the drug; usually in my experience, and in my observations- it never 'causes' certain things no matter what in everyone, it just emphisizes what's on your mind and with all other substances, it's best to keep a good pace, and not overindulge. i think that you can probably supress your paranoia if you so wish to, but honestly, like said before- i've noticed in my friends- and in i; that marijuanna is simply an amp. it is like taking a magnifying glass to anything you're feeling when you start smoking it and who'm you are in general.

i've found having a sound mind or being in a comfortable situation while starting really reduces the risk of paranoia and stuff of that nature- even if you tend to be slightly a worrier, infact, the weed will usually amplify the comforting parts of the situation and make for a more enjoyable experience in most cases, provide you start with a good condition and a good mindset. i think this is why so many of us choose to smoke to 'reward' ourselves for things we've done.

and if the situation is really horrible, and really making you disfunctional in life, i don't think anyone will have to tell you to take a break.

Artful Dodger said:
Obviously people are different, and reading this thread proves it, so get paranoid some dont. But my answer to your original q David is yea i do too. i have been smoking qutie regularly lately, and when i used to binge on oz's i used to get paranoid. this paranoia has of late started to affect the way i function, my relationship and university. so the best thing for it is definately a break. No touching weed for atleast 3 months. and if you cringe at that length of time well, just think how stoned you will be after the break...

probably ganna do that.

after I finish off this kush and purple stuff.

I've gone through a stage of being paranoid while smoking. When I smoke in public or in a car, I get paranoid simply because I could get in trouble quite easily. That, of course, is due to its illegality and social bias. I also used to get paranoid (mostly anxious actually) when my life revolved around smoking. It slowly built over the course of two years, but it was just myself peeking through the haze and shouting "Hey! Wake up! You need to redirect your focus!" In short, I felt guilty about the way my life was becoming.

Now that I've got a well-balanced life again, smoking is once again nothing but pleasant and happiness.