• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Half U.S. ecstasy comes from B.C.

fruitfly

Bluelight Crew
Ecstasy smuggling across the B.C. border has exploded, according to a cross-border team of law enforcers.

“Blaine is a hotspot for ecstasy smuggling,” said Roy Hoffman, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement assistant special agent in charge. “We’re seeing a huge amount of ecstasy heading for points in the U.S.”

He was among the officers who briefed the Cascadia Mayors Council meeting June 30 in Surrey on the work of the Integrated Border Enforcement Team (IBET), which pools policing efforts from both sides of the border to bust smugglers.

Hoffman said it’s estimated 52 per cent of the ecstasy tablets smuggled into the U.S. arrive from B.C.

He said it’s a shift from the typical smuggling pattern of Canadian marijuana heading south and cocaine, guns and other chemicals going north.

Ecstasy is easier to transport than marijuana, Hoffman noted.

Methamphetamine component chemicals are increasingly arriving in Vancouver from China, he added.

IBET officials recounted major drug busts of recent years – from this year’s discovery of a tunnel crossing the border at Aldergrove to the break-up of a helicopter pot smuggling operation based in the Okanagan.

Smugglers sometimes drive stolen vehicles at high speeds across raspberry fields across the border, they said. Others use pleasure boats, kayaks or drop contraband from airplanes.

But most busts involve cars or trucks crossing at points like the Peace Arch crossing, where in 2003 officials seized 1,871 pounds of marijuana that had been smuggled into Blaine amid frozen raspberries.

The cargo isn’t always drugs.

Surrey RCMP Superintendent Bill Ard cited a human smuggling case a year ago where people landed in Toronto, were moved to safe houses in Vancouver and were then taken across the border, sometimes at Peace Arch park.

“That group is now out of business,” Ard said.

Better technology used to find illicit cargo is making a difference, officers said.

Scanners can now detect different densities of materials inside sealed trucks or containers, Hoffman said. But he said adept smugglers are finding ways to defeat the devices.

The challenge of getting the cargo across may be increasingly leading pot growers to shift operations south of the border, he added.

Surrey Mayor Dianne Watts said IBET has been a success.

“They’re working very closely together, which is just tremendous for us because they’re sharing intelligence,” she said.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Half U.S. ecstasy comes from B.C.
By Jeff Nagel Black Press
Jul 07 2006

Link

so is more of it headed to L.A. or N.Y. ? Where else is xtc being smuggled in from in the U.S. Im willing to bet its another euro country using B.C. as a gateway.

Yeah well, during alcohol prohibition bad people smuggled hooch in from Canadia. Nothing new here. Stop fearing, legalize and regulate.

B

its not another country using BC as a gateway. these pills are being made in canada. -- Half of the shit I see here in north florida comes from canada. If you look at the microgram bulletins, you'll see than an obscene amount precursor has been stopped on its way into canada.

anyone remember the winnie the pooh presses or the horribly shitty green butterflies? these pills are not euro-market pills. they're produced for export within north america. a lot of them end up being loaded with meth too, since they can easily be sold for very cheap then and the people buying quantity often never test.

Last edited:
royksopp said:
so is more of it headed to L.A. or N.Y.?

I think they need to divert the majority of it to Detroit. It might not be as profitable, but I am biased :)

NO pills in America come from Europe anymore, it costs far to much to import.

They just make them in America now, and what a bad job they are doing too...

bachus said:
Yeah well, during alcohol prohibition bad people smuggled hooch in from Canadia. Nothing new here. Stop fearing, legalize and regulate.

B

+1

(this message i have entered is too short)

TheSimpsons said:
NO pills in America come from Europe anymore, it costs far to much to import.

They just make them in America now, and what a bad job they are doing too...

No tabs are coming from Europe at all? News to me 8(

yeah with the fact that you can get a hit some saturated marketplaces in the UK almost as cheap as a candybar I highly doubt that no pills are coming from there, Cheapest rolls I picked up in BC were 3$ and they were some absolute crap (white X's)

“Blaine is a hotspot for ecstasy smugglin...
(read home page title for this article again, i liked the wording)

Well shit, I thought Blaine was only a hotspot for ecstasy snugglin, ecstasy smugglin just doesn't sound as fun.

A bit of a poor first post, but oh well, it got me on the front page of my favorite news source, woot, i might eventually compose a traditional introduction. :\

is this supposed to be something new??

lotsa mdma is being shipped into canada FROM europe...then from china lotsa meth and precursors for meth are shipped into canada. BAM they combine both chemicals making shitty rolls for EXPORT into the USA(with the occasional 1st batch or two actually being good beans[ie. mostly MDMA] before they start switching them with the shitty meth-bombs...)alot of the good rolls stay in canada(as with europe).

common sense.

i mean just go look at the drug gallery on here....all the MDMA crystals are from europe and occasionally canada followed by a rare american find! then add in the meth to the equation, and its easy to see just about how the majority of "ecstasy" is being made and distributed.

Tylerdurden said:
Yeah, the US blaming it's drug problems on other nations, same old.

You say that like it's completely untrue though. Yes some of the ecstasy is being made in the states, but the majority of it is being imported, hense is being other nations that are controlling the ecstasy market in the US.

Like most other products bought in America, ecstasy is imported. It simply costs too much to cover the wages of greedy American plurheads and crime cartels.

I think the strict laws regarding (and hence astronomical prices to acquire) precursors is a bigger reason for lack of "made in America" mdma than simply the economics of being cheaper to make elsewhere. If safrole was easy and cheap to acquire in the USA, then it'd be made here en mass, like 20 years ago. Times have changed, so others with easier and cheaper access to bulk safrole or mdp2p make and export it.

^no but alot of the MDMA(that probally goes into europe) comes from the middle east.

Why is it that more MDMA comes from Canada and just isn't made USA? Can Canada get the chems easier?