Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

60 Minutes: ICE - 09/07/06

Sp0t

Bluelighter
Just letting you all know 60 Minutes are airing a report on ice. The report is also followed by a Web chat with Darren Marton a former ice addict. Hopefully it will be a report with some depth but then again it's 60 Minutes after all.

Ice
July 9, 2006
Reporter: Liz Hayes, Producer: Nick Greenaway

Here are the facts. It's more potent, more addictive, more dangerous than heroin. And it's easier to get.

It's called ice, speed, crystal meth. But whatever name they give it, this is quite possibly the most destructive drug yet. All the more frightening because it's considered fun, a party drug, aimed squarely at the young.

In fact, now more Australians are hooked on ice than heroin. And this means real trouble. Not only does ice give a fast and powerful high, it can transform quiet, ordinary kids into psychos.

You can see the results in just about any hospital, any night of the week.

http://sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au/sixtyminutes/stories/2006_07_09/story_1700.asp

Looks like another quality un-biased media report on drugs.

Thanks for posting, based on the intro there it doesn't look good. ;)

Judging from the preview for 60 minutes this will be aimed at scaring parents and their kids. I predict massive sensationalism but will watch it anyway ;)

'Ice, the drug that fries your brain'

Its going to show alot of people in hospital wards & the infamous brain scans ...

Heroins days are over, this is Redneck crack...

and its taking over big time...

make sure to brush them teeth peoples,,, :)

Hmm i didnt think it was that bad. It was the typical 60 minutes way to report on stories like this but i thought it could have been worse.....

just watched 60 mins then.
admit the report wasnt as good as other reports I've seen. Four Corners and The Cutting Edge both did wicked reports on it.

I've never touched meth and don't plan on doing it. It just seems way too fucked up

Just saw it then.. didn't really show anything new or go very deep into it. Nothing really wrong with it, it was extremely biased of course.

I laughed when they said "ironically its known as a party drug, however it is also called the devil's drug" haha, i dunno y i found that funny, it just made it seem so cheesy.. and o yeah, why is it ironic its known as a party drug? thats wat it is.

I never have done, and dont plan on ever doing meth.. and this documentary didn't have much of an affect on my view of it.

The American Documentary (cutting edge) was really good and in depth.

60 minutes isnt as good as it once was. if they cut the add out and actually had 60 minutes of prgram, im sure it would be much cooler

Yeah the sbs program cutting edge was very good, and gave you an idea of how all this unfolded, and the vested interests of pharmaceutical companies lobbying against strict controls of pseudo ephedrine. Everything that's wrong with this world has it's roots in money and greed. Money really is the root of all evil as far as I can see.

Rated E said:
I never have done, and dont plan on ever doing meth.. and this documentary didn't have much of an affect on my view of it.
If you have done your fair share of pills in the past then you may have already ingested meth and not even known it. Some pills also contain meth. (To my dissatisfaction.)

I couldn't leave this thread without pointing that out.

Yea IWillHostIt, i realise that its most probable that i have un-intentionally ingested meth before through taking e. I just don't want to actually do meth on its own purposefully.

A few of my friends feel share a similar view as me in that they take e but have all said they would not do meth. However other friends started with e and then didn't really give it a second thought when the opportunity to do meth came up and just tried it. But yeh, i just think its best to set myself some boundaries, rather than just say yes to any drug that gets offered to me.

did any of you see that 16yr old kid in the hospital they were trying to inject and he was just looping. i was thinking what the hell just let it wear off. he wasent ODing he was just peaking. some1 shed som light onto this for me please, was that kid in trouble or just totaly skatered/fukdup?

Last edited:
ultru-light said:
did any of you see that kid they were trying to inject. i was thinking what the hell let it just wear off. he wasent ODing he was just peaking. some1 please shed som light onto this for me please, was that kid in trouble of just totaly skatered/fukdup?

It was probably a sedative or tranq to stop him being violent/aggressive/hyperactive to protect the hospital staff.