Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

News : Police Target Magic Mushroom Harvest - The West July 5th 06

Fry-d-

Bluelight Crew
Police Target Magic Mushroom Harvest
Suellen Jerrard

Eight People have been charged over the past week as the annual pilgrimage in search of magic mushrooms gets into full swing in the State forest around Balingup and Bridgetown, about 250km south of Perth.

Despite near freezing conditions, a high police presence, the risk of fines up to $2000 or two years in jail and serious health consequences, peoples continue to be drawn to the pine forests in search of the natural high.

Possessing psilocybin, a hallucinogen found in the mushrooms is illegal. It can cause flashbacks and be a psychotic trigger for people with mental health problems. Magic mushrooms also look similar to many toxic mushrooms and people have been admitted to hospital suffering the ill effects, which can range from nausea to death.

Two Perth men, found in forest on the outskirts of Balingup by police early on Tuesday, said they were risks they had been willing to take until now. The prospect of a criminal conviction would deter them in future.

They had driven from Perth in search of magic mushrooms, arriving about 5am. Four hours later when police stopped their car, a cigarette packet containing about 25g of the yellow-brown fungi was seized. The men said they had previously gone to the area to pick mushrooms about three years ago and had decided to try it again this year. They had planned to boil the mushrooms to make a potent form of tea.

Sen. Const. Stuart Gerreyn, of Donnybrook police, said police could not ignore the dangers magic mushrooms posed to individuals and the wider community.

They would have a major presence in the forests over the university and school holidays. People charged with possessing the illegal drug would be summoned to appear in court in Donnybrook next month.

From the West Australian.

Ha! Watch out the cops will be hunting the trippers in the forest! Sure to make pilgrimages a bit more interesting =D

is it true they can poisen areas? seems all the well known areas around here dont grow any form of mushies any more.

^ yes, they spray chemicals that kill fungus.. these chemicals are EXTREMELY TOXIC to humans, so be very cautious if you see any odd colouring or dead grass/bush/fungus where you are picking.

I find it an absolute disgrace that the police have nothing better to do than to attack those who wish to pick a fungus from the ground..
I would suggest they dig up some heroin importers and stop wasting mine and every other taxpayers' money on arrests for harmless, harmless behaviour.

I agree with you sonicnature 100%, i just find it stupid how anyone including police and the government can tell ME what i want to put in my OWN body. No one will ever stop me from smoking weed/dropping acid/eating shrooms because it is my personal choice to ingest these substances and the decision is up to me not up to some fucking corrupt government.

lol only a lil while late imo.. we had our mushroom stint a month or two ago..

LOL here in melb, find mushies in most areas... :p

why the fuck do the WA poolice target the mushie hunters?

I have seen that old docco "the fungimentary" and the cops were onto it way back then. Is it because the mushies are concentrated in the one area, or are there psilos in other spots in WA? From what i gathered on the doco the Ballingup area was the only place they fruited.

I didnt think the fines were that high either. In the doco they had footage of this old tripper leaving court after his possesion hearing. "250 bucks" he said "most expensive mushie i never ate" was his response to the fine.

Two Perth men, found in forest on the outskirts of Balingup by police early on Tuesday, said they were risks they had been willing to take until now. The prospect of a criminal conviction would deter them in future.

Yes, a criminal conviction is the only way young drug abusers shall see the error of their ways and deter them from any future illegal activity(no matter how benign it is)

Ha Ha Ha....

Fucking donnybrook Police :p Go pick some apples or something...

Ive been down to the said region so many times this season, and im extremly suprised how Blatantly obvious pickers are in the forrests.....

It would be so easy to Nab a shit load of pickers down that way..

Anyways IMO the season hasnt even really began yet...

All our strenuios labor this year with the pissy rewards of only 30 subs, well my sunday was fucking insane..

But thanx for the heads up.

Im going back to my stealty ways

i went down and didn't get any tried to find new spots without luck as our old spot was all fucked up.
yeah it sucks cause the earlier the better like cops don't start cracking down until the start of this month.
i know someone who went down like a a few weeks ag or maybe months ago and got over 600 i couldn't believe it.

That article is stupid. And those cops are wasting there time. Making ppl panic by saying that law enforcement is helping deter mushroom pickers.. 8)

i feel sorry for those two men that they went to all that effort for only 25g of fresh mushrooms...

i wonder why one of them didn't take all the blame and split the fine.
like they can't bust you for mushroom association

i went down south and had a look for some p subs away from the usual picking areas listed above and found 2 small ones. lots and lots of lookalike toxic galerinas around though.
i was a long way away from the usual areas but really anxious about police presence