Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The ultimate gamer thread, aka 'Geek my Forum'

m4dd0g

Bluelighter
(mods - feel free to spank me for not being able to find a similar thread)

Tell us what you're currently playin and whats so great/crap about it.

Tell us what games you're looking forward to and what looks like $100 worth of electronic poo

Bitch about paying $999 for a PS3 premium pak (Nov 14 btw) and how much of a sucker you are for shelling out $700 for the latest video card only to watch your monster PC blue screen like a choking baby.

I havent brought a 360 yet, waiting for something decent to come out on it first (Oblivion was very close).

Most recently I had been playing Need for Speed: Most Wanted. I liked the theme but I ended up getting stuck on one 15min race for at least 2 hours :X nearly launched my controller off my balcony. After I finally got through it I switched off the game and never went back. I thought NFS: Underground was heaps better. Pimping out your ride meant something, the races were more interesting and the difficulty was well balanced.

As always, looking forward to the next Final Fantasy. I think there is about 3 titles coming out under the brand in the next year or so 8o

im a nerd...

i play enemy territory...

its online and free

and i get to kill people with Panzers... its fun, you should all try it... so i can kill you also!!!

Only $700 for a GPU?? pffffft.

I love FPS. I'm a CS:S addict. Every time i think i'm over it and take a few weeks off, i end up getting into it again. was member of the infamous and ill-fated [emd] clan. which somehow stemmed from a comment regarding Early Morning Drugs...

I'm sure i'd love BF2 but i don't have it yet.
Can't wait for U3/UT2K7 and Crysis :)
(see the in-game footage from this game and be amazed!!)
Never really got into RTS or fantasy realms etc etc.

And i love driving games - F1, rally, NFS and the like.

Clearly, i am all about instant gratification =D

Last edited:
I like playstation because it keeps my boy occupied while I do girly stuff.

And I do like playing Burnout, mainly just to blow the car up when I crash =D

just finished playing the prey demo from 3d realms, the masters of procrastination from duke nukem forever. nice engine, and very "what the fuck is going on here?!" with the aliens and spirit realm.

nfs2underground was disappointing in a lot of ways, i know that pimping the cars for magazine value was part of the game, but i just wanted a fast audi tt / mustang gt that didn't have sponsor stickers plastered everywhere. winning the carbon fiber parts was a nice touch so long as the races weren't spammed along the freeway areas, much more fun to wing it around the tiny streets.

bonus points i guess since it ran on my poor video card.

i'm waiting for the next grand theft auto and that other rockstar title bully [if only to give it a shot and then decide if it's crap], since unlike duke nukem forever, i can be somewhat confident they'll come out eventually.

good call on crysis duckboy, the photo shots of the game graphics vs real life were quite noteworthy.

[edit : how could i forget neverwinter nights 2??]

Last edited:
is it just me or has the 360 really gone under the radar out here? i'm not sure whether to buy one or hold out and swap to sony for the ps3. if the ps3 is as good as or better i think it'll be a ps3 for me. the pr for the 360 isn't doing much to convince me to stick with ms.

I had myself a serious Oblivion addiction for a while there. Played it for a good couple hundred hours until I finished it. Started playing it through again for another hundred or so hours until I installed the 64bit version of windows and installed FarCry in 64bit mode. For a 2 year old game. It was magnificant.

I need something new now though. Cant be arsed buying anything atm, and I have been shaped by my facsist ISP, so no downloading either.

m4dd0g said:
I havent brought a 360 yet, waiting for something decent to come out on it first (Oblivion was very close).

gears of war is the main reason why i bothered getting a 360. from the first level demo shown at e3, it looks pretty intense

that, plus the launch price of the ps3 is going to be around $US650. that's just overkill.

gaming wise, all i've been playing lately is dead or alive 4 and kameo (from rare) on the 360 and Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney on the nintendo DS

gotta admit, as soon as the Wii comes out, im going to be all over that like a rash

Hehe. I am the most insidious of all nerds when it comes to gaming... I am an RPG fan.

Neverwinter Nights, Baulders Gate, Everquest, Warcraft, Zelda, Final Fantasy ect...

At the moment, as much as I hate to admit it, I am playing alot of World of Warcraft. I just cant get enough of the Battle Grounds. The leveling is boring, the constant travelling is annoying and the Raid Instances are fucking stupid (although you do get good shit from them), but those BG's are so much fun. WSG and AV in particular, although the length of time it takes to complete AV kind of pisses me off sometimes.

I was actually playing Delta Force - "Black Hawk Down" the other night and having good fun with that, and I periodically drag out either Civ 2 or Civ 4 if I have got nothing to do and all the time in the world to do it.

My choices to play on a borrowed projector: GT4, WRC4, Rez (omg best game ever!) Burnout: Revenge.

Been playing god of war and its fucking top notch! Very well done 3d platform type game. Also been getting into a bit of the FPS' Black and Killzone.

One of the best games PC style i have ever played is a community patched up Falcon 4. Unreal realism. =)

Fox two! fox two!

I'll be getting the wii for reasons of cost, ingenuity, and the fact that half my friends will have the other systems so I won't really be missing out on shit.

So far I've only played Perfect Dark on 360 and it wasn't really anything to write home about (I actually prefer the original on 64).

At the moment I've been playing the first Getaway on PS2 'cause I borrowed it off a friend (and my housemate has a playstation). I'm also still trying to finish Resident Evil 4 on the Gamecube on the hardest setting. Fucking Captain fuckface boss cunt is impossible.

preacha said:
gears of war is the main reason why i bothered getting a 360. from the first level demo shown at e3, it looks pretty intense

gotta admit, as soon as the Wii comes out, im going to be all over that like a rash
Gears o War does look and sound like the shit. Sweet ass camera work with gritty intensity. At the end of the day tho, its *yawn* FPS style gameplay (I wont write it off completly just yet tho)

Wii. Is it just a second system for people who already own a next gen console?
I heard the ps3 shoe horned in a motion sensor at the last minute to compete

Btw, PS3 premium preorders have started in Aus for $999 (ive a link lying round here someplace!?)

Checked out Lego Star Wars recently, love the idea, hate the game - couldnt stomach it past the 1st 20mins :p

The Wii won't be a secondary gaming platform behind the 360 / PS3. It isn't just a price factor, the games Nintendo produces are consistently awesome. Even if the PS3 does end up having any merit as a console, it will be far too expensive to justify the purchase.

People kept saying that the PSP would eat the DS alive due to performance, but a year or so down the track and most people who bought a PSP are seriously regretting it.

Currently playing HL2DM, Natural Selection (still one of the best online games ever. Can't wait for steam release), MTA:SA and UT99.

I play WoW (my partner bought a thingy for me last night, now i can trade thigns!)
And chuzzle.....

I played WoW for as long as I could...

Got to level 60 and all that shiz... even got some pretty good equipment for my fine Troll Hunter "Lassie".

But it just seemed that after a point in that game you really have to accelerate your playing to ridiculous levels. To get any good equipment you need to be in a good guild. In these good guilds you have to roster in five hours each saturday and sunday to go with loads of other people into the raid dungeons like Molten Core.

and even then you stand virtually no chance of the item you want dropping... and then if it does you have to deal with 10+ other people also wanting it...

Bleh. I just felt I had better things to do on my weekend. It was fun getting up to 60 though.

Other than that I only play Subspace (old 2d spaceship combat game) and Counterstrike Source online.

Oh god I am so hooked on Source... I thought I would have a "try" since I used to love the original CS and play that till my fingers bled...

And now I am back hooked on CSS.... I play way too much and have to have the entire game whittled down to the most basic settings for my p3 1000 (500mg RAM) to work at a decent speed.

If anyone plays online on the 3fl servers, my name is "Professor SugarWhiskers".

Might go have a game now...

M4dd0g: Can i spank you regardless? ;)

Me? I'm playing this wickedly awesome game: Commander Keen 5 ;)

^^ I've just been cleaning out our filing cabinet and found all this brilliant stuff...

Duke Nukem, Lemmings, Crystal Caves, God of Thunder, Halloween Harry, Jetpack, Jill of the Jungle, Raptor, Wolfenstein 3d.

;)

katmeow said:
^^ I've just been cleaning out our filing cabinet and found all this brilliant stuff...

Duke Nukem, Lemmings, Crystal Caves, God of Thunder, Halloween Harry, Jetpack, Jill of the Jungle, Raptor, Wolfenstein 3d.

;)

I have at least 4 of those on my computer. I love Crystal Caves! :D I d/lded them from dosgames.com!

Subspace is awesome! i play every now and then, but its not often enough for me to not suck woefully.