• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Some basic questions on codeine, methadone, Dormicum (midazolam 15mg) and weed.

Placidly

Bluelighter
Hi. My friend has not had much experience with many drugs. He does 200mg of codeine (in the form of N+) maybe once every ten days. He says it's not quite as nice as it used to be. He dosen't get any nausea and almost no itching. (Does it mean his tolerance is increasing? Or is he just lucky?) He's quite big as well, around 6'3 and 200 pounds, about my size come to think of it. ;)

1. Methadone: Why do people say that taking methadone is better orally? Wouldn't snorting give a better rush? Also when taken orally, do people crush up the pill and take it on an empty stomach or is it dangerous (say for doses of about 2.5mg-10mg)? I've heard that some people can have a very unpleasant time, just scratching themselves and throwing up for 12 hours, is this likely if my friend were to try 5mg? Any extra advice would be appreciated. :)

2. Dormicum (Midazolam 15mg): My friend has got one tablet left and is wondering whether, if possible, it would be more effecient to snort it. He thinks that way he would be able to potentiate his codeine twice (snorting only half a pill). If it's taken orally, when is the best time to take it to potentiate the codeine? Should he take it the same as the codeine, a bit before or after (as soon as he feels the effect of the codeine).

3. Weed: My friend tried weed the first the other day. He's very disappointed because he didn't get high/stoned. He got the drymouth and the red-eyes and felt a slight rush of euphoria and gigglyness for maybe about 5 minutes 15 minutes later. He's a non-smoker as well. Maybe that has somehting to do with it? It really sucks when everyone around you is having a good time and you just have to look on enviously... erm, so he says.

Thanks in advance.

1. the methadone probably wont do to much at that dose. 10-15 mg is about a perfect starting dose (especially since he's been doing codiene everyday and has bound to come up with some sort of tolerance.) People dont snort it because it doesnt come on any faster, therefor, no reason to snort.

2. It is genrally accepted that midazolam is fine to snort, but be aware it can cause hardcore amniesia

3. Gigglyness? Sounds like it's working to me. Weed is pretty much universal with everything, a good mixure

Tokey-tokerson:

1.He's been codeine once every ten days so 5mg might be a good tester range. Maybe even 2.5mg?

2.Any idea how much stronger it is this way compared to orally?

3.Hmm, maybe he was expecting too much then. But his other friends were REALLY feeling it.

Last edited:
5mg is probably the lowest dose you would be able to feel on methadone (this is called a "threshhold dose"), its powerful but it has a fairly large theraputic range so it will be safer to take more if you feel it. dont mix it with the dormicum though.

I have never tried it but I hear that it is signifigantly stronger snorting it.

Weed is tricky, there is a thread about this in cannibus discussion where a lot of people said they didnt get really high until they're 3-4 time. Just hold it in as long as you can and keep puff puffing the magic dragon and you'll find yourself stoned off your ass before to long.

hope I helped.

Tokey-tokerson: Thanks, the methadone information is very useful. My friend says he will look into the Dormicum snorting a bit more and he will head over to Cannabis to have a look round. He really appreciates it. :)

scotty6435: Thanks. My friend was a bit disappointed because all his friends got high first time. I'll tell him to try again. :D By N+ I did mean Nurofen Plus. It has no APAP, but does have 200mg ibuprofen per tablet. He takes 16 tablets for approx 200mg codeine and 3200 mg ibuprofen (which is still in the 'safe' range according to www.rxlist.com)

Definitely have your friend try smoking again. In my experience, I would say "over" 50% of people don't get high the first time they smoke. Its a combination of the actual physical smoking process where one does not know the most efficient way to inhale the drug... but moreso its a mental thing where the mind is discovering fully new interactions in the brain due to the drug and does not react in a powerful way at first. Most drugs are not like this, but weed is subtle and gentle enough, even at moderate doses, to occasionally hide its own effects from new users.

Yeah, I found that thread in the Cannabis forums. He will definatly have to have another go.

Methadone is awesome. I took a 20mg and was fucked up for 36 hrs! But then again when I took the liquid I took 110mg and it did nothing. Snorting methadone does nothing. Methadone takes about the same amount of time to enter the system no matter how you take it. There is no rush associated with methadone which is why they use it to detox from heroin.

Methadone is awesome. I took a 20mg and was fucked up for 36 hrs!

Ha I wish this was the case for me! I have to take 50mg everyday to prevent withdrawals. If I wanted to get stoned id have to take like 150 - 200mgs. Some people take 200mgs+ everyday just to feel well.

But then again when I took the liquid I took 110mg and it did nothing.

Sounds like somebody sold you methadone liquid which was extremely diluted because if you took 110 mls/mgs without a tolerance you would most certainly be dead.

As for a starting dose for an opiate virgin I dont really know but start small (5mg) and carefully work your way up by 2.5-5mg each time depending on how you feel.
Make sure you leave an hour or more between doses. There is no rush with methadone, even if you IV it so its easy to take too large a dose thinking nothing is happening and then BANG, overdose.