Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Pinched nerve-MDMA

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Bluelighter
Hi everyone,
Quit smoking marijuana for 6 months now, since then have put on 15 kilos, one morning woke up with a pinched nerve (slept funny position) very painful it was...getting to the point...had a pill that night and pinched nerve went away...i was in extreme pain before that, anyone else had this experience...might be onto something, dunno, i'm pretty sure it was the pill that relaxed it, anyone had this experience?

Very weird. If anything I thought the pill might make your pinched nerve worse.

This is very common MDMA is excellent at reducing pain sensations. I have tendinitis in my knee which makes it nearly impossible for me to walk sometimes, but on MDMA i have an amazingg range of movement without any pain.

Don't be too hasty in giving MDMA all the credit- that's how outlandish claims are made (echinacea/accupuncture). If you took the pill at a club or were dancing or moving, surely the nerve could have moved or something... Sorry, I'm studying for psych atm, and I've just discovered the part of the course that explains how externalities can be attributed to the success of a treatment. Whilst it is definately a possibility, it could be a completely unrelated matter.

As long as you keep this in mind...

Serotonin does alter pain perception, and many people with chronic pain report either partial or near total relief on pills (though the former is far more common). If they have a condition that could be made worse through certain actions, then they should be very mindful of that. If they have a cracked vertebra, they shouldn't be dancing. It all depends on the origin of their condition...

VelocideX - Ecstasy Discussion

I've seen and heard of several instances where MDMA use has resulted in alleviation of back pain and other forms of pain.

Amphetamines are known to sometimes result in pain relief - at least with certain types of pain, and MDMA has been known to have completely relieved pain (short term) in serious terminal cases. A very touching personal story was told at the Ecstasy Conference in 2001* where a widow (Sue Stevens) recounted moments when her young husband who was then riddled with cancer was able to move about freely while on Ecstasy. You may find the audio on the site below. If not I have it on disc, although it's a large file.

Sorry, I'm studying for psych atm, and I've just discovered the part of the course that explains...

That's alright, we'll forgive you - but only this once mind you. We all expect you'll now do the right thing and switch to studying hard sciences, at least until neuropharmacology - through substantiating/replicating biochemical mechanisms involved - can backup some of the more ludicrous claims made by psychologists ;)

*Lindesmith Center, now known as the Drug Policy Alliance

hoptis said:
As long as you keep this in mind...

VelocideX - Ecstasy Discussion
what happens after, eg. during the comedown and the next day or two? does mdma affect people with chonic pain differently? since serotonin is considered by some sources to be 'the body's natural painkiller' id assume that any changes to the brains serotonin levels with someone with chronic pain could have other consequences?

Im pretty sure I read somewhere on here that MDMA is being trialed as a medication for treatment in termanal cancer. It was some artical about a girl who couldn't get out of bed from the pain untill she tryed MDMA.

yeah, i've found it strange also that mdma is good for relieving pain...

Awhile ago I injured my wrist and it was hurting quite bad still a few wks later. I was out one night and was thinking of taking a pill, although i was a bit apprenhensive because i always thought mdma heightens sensations?? i thought that if something hurt normally, it would hurt even more on mdma..if that makes any sense?

anyway i found it was actually the opposite, the pain that had been there for ages disappeared after i took it, even after that it seemed to be way better..

when my wisdoms were coming thru mdma was great for the pain, and it didn't seem to get any worse after taking pills... actually the pain didn't return for a good 4 hours after i had come down.

im sure that mdma does indeed relieve pain in normal people due to how serotonin is a painkiller. i was more wondering about the effect it has on the brain chemistry of a chronic pain sufferer eg. pain 24/7