View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ [DXM Subthread] Extraction

rave23 said:
okay, wtf...

i got more naptha today, the same i got before. The only problem is that it evaporates not totaly, it leaves some sort of oily / soapy residue on the plate. However, my previous naptha evaporated without leaving anything. I washed the naptha with water like in the instructions several times, but it doesn't do anything to me.
Can i say the batch of the naptha is fucked up? I don't want to use ligter fluid tho...

HELP ME :(

What kind of ammonia are you using, and what exact kind of syrup?

Also, a gooey layer after evaporation is what you're looking for, if you let that sit that's what's supposed to turn into DXM freebase crystals, in theory.

rave23 said:
what if i would convert it into Dextromethorphanhydrochlorate? Could i IV that stuff if i really wanted to?

edit: i know that IV'ing that sort of stuff isn't a good idea, i'm just curious. There's no way i would stick a needle into my arm and shoot something that i've extracted before

Not sure, but I'm pretty sure I've seen posts discussing this before, just do a search. Also, I may not know if you can or not, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Last edited:
nah, sorry, not the naptha used in the extraction, the naptha by itself. Sorry for misunderstandings!

So if i evaporate only the naptha straight from the bottle it leaves a soapy residue.

Thanks for help

taste of freebase?
Wrap it in 2ply toilet paper and chase it down with cola, does the trick for me!

my naphtha/DXM is currently drying. If I did the math right, I should have roughly 1700mg.

edit: my first try went wrong, but I just finished #2 and it was a success.

Last edited:
using walmrt home brand syrup + ammonia, w ronson fluid ...
60% in two pulls
third pull yielded nothing more

how long is the freebase stable for? (stored well).

MrSteak63 said:
Step 2
Add Hydrochloric Acid drop wise to the suspension while stirring, you should notice the cloudiness will start to disappear. Keep doing this until the solution is fully clear but don’t overdo it as any excess HCI will leave extra unwanted residue. You now have a near pure DXM HCI Solution.

When converting DXm freebase to DXM HCI should one add the same amount of moles of HCI as there are moles of DXM freebase in order to obtain the most pure DXM HCI?

I have 3 questions directed to other posters as well as mr. steak, considering he has enough to handle as it is.

1. I used to use DXM syrup and CCC ALOT, too much. Anyways i havent fucked with the stuff in a long time b/c it just wasnt the same. THe last few times i did it i just got kinda sick and kinda tripped. My question, will freebase and time be more likley to bring back the magic?

2. I do not have a digital scale. How would i measure out a dose w/ out one?

3. Some confusion on the nausea. Worse in syrup form? Do Acids help with the nausea?

thanks.

KryPtiC,
1. In my experience, no :( a long break should bring back the magic.
2. Just extract enough for one hit and take it all, no need to weigh.
3. Much worse in syrup, almost non existent for freebase.

Also, just read on the DV something that makes sense: don't use naphtha in your extractions if you are going the freebase route! naphtha is a mix of chemicals, most with a low boiling point - others with quite high boiling points - high enough that they won't evaporate and will be left in the final product. Exactly how bad they are for you is unknown.

Last edited:
I figure if im gonna go to all work to get this set up, i might as well go for the long hall and get as much as i can. say 5 bottles. it occurs to me that i could just devide my freebase into 5ths(more or less) if i used 5 bottles.

as far as what u mentiond about naphtha, are there any alternatives. Your saying solutes are left behind within the freebase?...nasty

alright tried again using heptane ('best-test rubber cement thinner') instead of naptha. got 75% in two pulls. crystals looked good so i scraped and dosed aprox 600mg in jager (lol yes it was fucking disgusting, only alc i had handy). tripping 3rd plateauish currently ...

didn't really seem to get rid of the itch!!! im bummed on this because its main reason i tried this tek. there is nausea but i couldnt say if the jag combo caused it.

in retrospect i'm regretting this ... and wishing i had just done the deslym water extratction which i've found to be tried and true. i should have water washed my crystals i guess. blah so fucked ... will edit this tomorrow.

edit: well i ended up spending the night in the ER argh. will write a trip report.

Last edited:
Your saying solutes are left behind within the freebase?...nasty
Depends on the brand of naphtha that you use, a quick test is to evaporate just naphtha by itself. Once it's evaporated there should be absolutely no smell of naphtha or any residue left in the dish, if its clean then it should be fine - otherwise just go agent lemon.

didn't really seem to get rid of the itch!!! im bummed on this because its main reason i tried this tek.
I'm not 100% certain but the itch comes from the DXM itself, you don't need an extraction - you need another drug ;) but seriously benadryl works great for the itch. Some people do get nausea from DXM (even powder), is it similar to the nausea you'd get from syrup?

Heptane would be ok, but with anything thats not lab grade you have to consider what else might be mixed with it - but either way should be better than naphtha.

I think I should point out that I was only able to do a successful extraction with syrups that had DXM ONLY

rogan said:
Depends on the brand of naphtha that you use, a quick test is to evaporate just naphtha by itself. Once it's evaporated there should be absolutely no smell of naphtha or any residue left in the dish, if its clean then it should be fine - otherwise just go agent lemon..

well what about doing a water bath before the evap. test? isnt that essential?

Hello fellow dexheads,

for the itch -> 25 mg diphenhydramine and your're good to go. Take it about 45 minutes before you take the DXM and there will be no itch or nasty red skin irritation. Don't exceed 50 mg of Diphenhydramine tho.

Just get some Bendadryl, it's not that complicated. Enjoy your trip and stay safe.

well what about doing a water bath before the evap. test? isnt that essential?
Yes do the water bath first, do the water bath multiple times for best results.

Uhhh...why not drink it in 2minutes instead of spending half an hour fucking around being a chemist and possibly getting very sick...

Unless you get nausea everytime from drinking the syrup...in which case, if its bad enough you wouldnt be using it. Just pick up some Stemetil - it works wonders. =D

-Infected