• CD Moderators: Thomas Davie | Darksidesam | Madness
  • Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Injecting Marijuana

Status
Not open for further replies.

eth

Ex-Bluelighter
Is it possible to inject marijuana? Smoking just isn't working for me anymore... :(

lol.... wow

i hardly think its possible, if smoking isnt working anymore, maybe ur tolerance is just to high, take a break to let ur tolerance go back down or find some better weed or something

I was actually debating this the other day.. not so much injecting marijuana.. but injecting THC.. delta-9-tetrahydrocannibol is the active ingredient in pills such as Marinol and I was quite curious as to the possiblity of preparing an ampoule of THC the same way they create benzo ampoules...

I doubt you'd get the same high as with marijuana because you aren't shooting those other canniboids with it.. but interesting that you would make such a topic....

thc dissolves in alchohol. one of the guys from the redhotchilipeppers said he shot up jack daniels. thus, your answer is yes, yes you can shoot up weed. you jsut have to soak some buds in some vodka for a long time or heat it to speed this prossess along. then shoot up the vodka. i doubt this is safe though and i know its not smart. if you follow through with this though, i really wanna hear how it goes. purely out of curiosity.

If smokings not working, why not try something else? You could try vaporizing, because it's a different type of high. Or why not just whip up some green dragon or budbutter?

ive tried shooting a marinol pill mixed with 151 and it did nothing. dont bother... besides shooting alcohol can sting alot depending on the form of liquor

Last edited:
You can't inject cannabis, but you can IV THC. But I wouldn't be confident in extracting THC (or a pure cannabinoid oil) from cannabis and getting a form pure and sterile enough to inject it.

while i think all this guy's threads are jokes, people bring that up seriously all the time on cannabis specific message boards. at least i know ive seen it more than a few times. everyone has been talked out of it though.

me personally i was smokin weed like crazy b4 and stopped now i smoke a joint once a week and it kills me all the time always stoned like the first times tolerence have always a better taste

Jesus Christ! If weed isn't working for you. All I have to say is. Get better weed or some potent hashish, Vaporize, or make some potent brownies. 8(

thc dissolves in alchohol.

But not in alcohol/water mixtures (especially where water is the greater component of the mix). This also means that any alcoholic soln of THC is going to be far too destructive to inject into any tissue (~80%+). With time, patience & expertese you could prepare a sterile sesame seed oil injection of THC or an emulsion using one of the polysorbate doodahs to stabilize it (Tween 80 seems to be the one used mostly).

Short of that, the only option is to use something like the nitrogen analogue of THC which can form salts. I know that compound has been assayed by injection in animals & seems to be pretty much similar

Status
Not open for further replies.