• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Methadone - any tips?

Boozy_Shamoozy

Greenlighter
OK. I have searched and read that it is best to just swallow the pills, don't snort them.

Does it really take up to 4 hours to come on? Is there anything to make it come on quicker (I read drinking fruit juice or something might?)

It lasts 24 hours right? So to be back to baseline Sunday I would need to take it upon waking, Saturday?

Would 10mg with 0 opiate tolerence (I have a big tolerance to most other things though) make me puke? I am fairly big and fairly healthy...

Will it itch? Should I take an antihistamine?

Should it be taken on an empty stomach?

Any other helpful advice?

Sorry for so many questions but thanks..

OK. I have searched and read that it is best to just swallow the pills, don't snort them.

-- Correct.

Does it really take up to 4 hours to come on? Is there anything to make it come on quicker (I read drinking fruit juice or something might?)

-- Takes 1.5-2 hours to come on. It takes 4 hours to peak. There is nothing you can do about it. That's just the way it is.

It lasts 24 hours right? So to be back to baseline Sunday I would need to take it upon waking, Saturday?

-- It can last longer than 24 hours especially if you have no tolerance.

Would 10mg with 0 opiate tolerence (I have a big tolerance to most other things though) make me puke? I am fairly big and fairly healthy...

-- 10mg with no tolerance will get you very high for a long time. You may puke, you may not, that's how opiates are. It depends on how you react to them.

Will it itch? Should I take an antihistamine?

-- Probably will make you itch. Don't take an antihistamine because most of them are sedating and methadone is extrememly strong and with no tolerance a methadone/antihistamine cocktail may cause respiratory depression.

Should it be taken on an empty stomach?

-- I take all of my opiates on an empty stomach. Probably won't make much of a difference in your case as you have no tolerance.

Any other helpful advice?

-- Do not redose until after 4-5 hours. Many people redose tooo early and end up getting sick and sometimes dead. It lasts a very long time so if you take too much, expect to be puking for 24 hours. Not fun.

Sorry for so many questions but thanks..

I've said this many time. Methadone is not for people with no tolerance. You're better off with something like oxy or hydro. Methadone can easily kill you if you take too much, and you won't know for several hours if you have taken too much, and by then it may be too late. Aside from heroin, most of the people I know that have died from an OD have died from methadone. Be careful.

Yea, like the above poster mentioned. With a low opiate tolerance, stay away from Methadone. Your tolerance will sky-rocket if use is continued and it just leads to a much more painful, draining, (fill any negative adjective here) withdrawal.

If your tolerance is low and your still hell-bent on getting high on opiates stick to hydrocodone or oxycodone. Not trying to preach, your going to do what your going to do, but I'd suggest staying far away from that shit unless you have a serious problems with opiate addiction and have attempted to quit multiple times to no avail. Even then I would pin it as a mal-adaptive form of treatment, especially compared to bupe.

Methadone is a tricky narcotic and once you find yourself down that road, it's easy to get very, very 'lost' so to speak.....

OK, thanks for the advice but I should have mentioned a few other things.

Firstly, Although I have no tolerance to opiates, I can take 300mgs & more of Codeine, 375mgs of Tramadol - no problems. I have searched the net and found various sites saying the coversion from Codeine to Methadone is around 10%. So 300mgs of Codeine - 30mgs Methadone.

Don't worry, I am not stupid enough to take three methadone tablets on my first time but surely 10mgs (100mgs Codeine equivalent) won't have me chucking my guts up? I probably wouldnt even feel 100mgs Codeine.

Oh, and there is no other opiates here apart from Heroin, Methadone & Codeine. Codeine seems to not really do a lot for me. Heroin - not for me.

The antihistamines are the non-drowsy sort. I take them with Codieine to stop the itch and it works. Should I still stay away from them?

codeine doesnt metabolise into methadone, it gets metabloised to morphine so yes 300mg would metabolize to 30mg MORPHINE(about 10%)
what kind of antihistamines are those?

^
he was talking about some number he go from a drug converrter thingy

my advice dont trust these too much

i think youll be just fine with 10 and after 3-4 hours you could add another 5 if its not ok.

i puke on high dose opiates sometimes but doesnt stop me from having a good time hey

Thanks Guys.

OK, so will the high compare to a high dose of Codeine? Or is it more of a 'put you on your back' high? i.e. will I not want to do anything all day or will I still be able to do the gardening or go shopping? (obviously not driving, though).

The antihistamines are the ones you buy off the shelf in supermarkets. "Each tablet contains 10mg of loratadine. fast acting, no drowsiness, 24 hour relief."

I don't know what loratadine is but it stops the itch!

Like I said before - I really don't want to puke. Last time I took too much Vicodin, I was out shopping buzzing good, then I felt like I had to puke. I ran out of the shop and puked in the busy street - never again. I don't know how much I took but it was too much. I was reckless and ate about 6 pills of unkown quantity.

Oh, and I just scored some dihydrocodeine, I will probably be taking about 200mgs tonight. will there be a cross tolerance? I intend to take 10mgs of methadone tommorow morning, should i adjust this?

Last edited:
^
dont worry so much

of course there will be cross tolerance but , you are starting out at the lowest dose possible dont forget.

and how can we predict if your going to puke? last time you only noticed it the last seconds , i have extensive experience in puking on the street but its better than a party / who gives a shit.

i mean just take your done in the morning an see how you feel after that , if its too much (which i doubt) it will put you on your back. but probably youll just get happy and active , dont think you will be bothered by itch really.

codeine has the most itch for the happyness it gives , really uncomparable to other opies in this effect.

ok, thanks. I do tend to worry a bit too much!

I'll take it and see what happens. If I puke I'll blame it on food poisoning. I just don't want to puke for 24 hours like the other poster said!

Be careful about those conversion charts. They can be very misleading at best and dangerously wrong at worst. 30mg of Methadone is way more powerful than 300mg of codeine. It's like comparing a line of crystal meth with 2 cups of coffee. Just start slow and wait at least 4 hours to redose and you'll be fine. Don't go over 20mg of methadone your first time. Also, the methadone will build up in your system, and most people that OD on methadone tend to do so on the 2nd or 3rd day, so keep that in mind.

Thanks for the info.

This is something I intend to do very irregularly. I won't be taking it more than 1 day in a row anyway. I am going out on Sunday, then seeing family on Monday and Back to work Tuesday.

Saturday is my only free day to get buzzed. I will definatly be trying not to do methadone more than once a month.

Boozy_Shamoozy said:
Thanks for the info.

This is something I intend to do very irregularly. I won't be taking it more than 1 day in a row anyway. I am going out on Sunday, then seeing family on Monday and Back to work Tuesday.

Saturday is my only free day to get buzzed. I will definatly be trying not to do methadone more than once a month.

Keep in mind that depending on when you dose on Sat. or if you redose, there is a very good chance that you will still be fucked up on Sunday. Methadone lasts forever. I wouldn't want you to end up being high for something that requires you to be straight.

Do not mix Xanax and Methadone//Methadose!! mixing these 2 can cause death!!

I got my hands on sum 40mg methadose, they are sorta hard to swallow, so i just parachute them. im sure u can disolve it in water.

-D

D's said:
Do not mix Xanax and Methadone//Methadose!! mixing these 2 can cause death!!

Yes you are right, it can cause death.
But if you are careful, and follow some basic rules, you can take both and enjoy a very good high.
(just take half your usual dose of Methadone with half your dose of Xanax. If you don't have much experience with Xanax or Methadone, you should experience each substance alone first, and aquire a solid experience with both substances separately; then you are ready to mix them)

just take 10mg already....and NO f'in way would i say 300mg of codiene is equal to 30mg of methadone....they are completely different drugs...

as you have already said(and another 5 posters above me), stick with 10mg methadone, taken orally on an empty stomach.....give it a good 1.5-2.5 hours to kick in good, and about 4 hours to peak....then give it anywhere from 24-48 hours to melt away; usually you can feel the effects for atleast a solid 24 hours, especially with no tolerance.

do NOT mix any other drugs your first time, especially downers....if you need a boost and you dont want to risk redosing(which i would NOT advise on methadone your 1st time), smoke some good pot about 2 hours after dosing....should give you a nice lift.

enjoy and be safe

ktx49 said:
just take 10mg already....and NO f'in way would i say 300mg of codiene is equal to 30mg of methadone....they are completely different drugs...

I don't think any ammount of coedine would be equal to methadone. 100mg of coedine ain't shit, this methadones gonna smack you across the face and you won't know what hit you. I mean, high as fuck for the entire day, head tipped back, eyes half open, kinda high. Honestly, no ammount of tramadol or coedine will feel like 10mg of methadone. There's a decent chance you'll throw up, alot of kids that I know throw up their first time and some on the times after that, but he always swore that after throwing up he felt so much relief and felt really good.

Based on first hand experience, 45mg of hydrocodone with no tolerance felt equal to 10mg methadone. Take the methadone as soon as you wake up on an empty stomache, I always felt as though it took two hours or so to get a nice vibe going but maybe it's four hours to peak. I wouldn't take the Xanax on your first time, since it will probably just put you to sleep when combined with the methadone.

You're in for a good time, trust me. The first time I did methadone I was a complete opiate virgin and took 10mg, it was incredible.

^
the big difference is in duration also methadone is nicer

id say 450 mg codeine equals 10 mg of done in potency the big difference is that the codeine carries the punch of the done for about 2 hours

methadone sucks. i have had so many friends OD on that shit its not even funny. the reason why is, it has a long ass half life. and by the time you take enough to get off, you have taken too much...and poof into respiratory depression you go. just go find some vicodin or something.

OxyCon10 said:
methadone sucks. i have had so many friends OD on that shit its not even funny. the reason why is, it has a long ass half life. and by the time you take enough to get off, you have taken too much...and poof into respiratory depression you go. just go find some vicodin or something.

If he takes 10mg he'll be fine. Every person I know has started with 10mg has been fine. Vicodin lasts a third of the length of methadone, is much more expensive, and requires a CWE if you want a dose comparable to the strength of methadone.

^
often it goes wrong with the syrups that dont have the dose mentioned on them