PDA

View Full Version : GBL withdrawal after 2-3 week every day use?

Boozy_Shamoozy
22-05-2006, 16:07
I have read up on this a lot + searched this forum but I cannot really find an answer.

I was drinking booze fairly heavily a few months ago and wanted to cut down.

I read an article about GHB use to help cut down booze and decided to give it a shot. I had done a lot of research on the +'s and -'s beforehand too.

I didnt like the effects at first. Just made me tired. No euphoria or e/booze type feelings as reported. So I used it perhaps twice a week or so. Really, only because I wanted to make use of it after spending the money on it!

Anyway skip to about two weeks ago and I had been doing really well with the booze but had a relapse. This is when I started using GBL daily, I still don't find it particularly pleasent but it gets me intoxicated and helps me sleep. (although not a full night).

I slipt into doing this every night, telling myself it was better than drinking every night which I used to do, a step in the right direction anyway, better than taking nothing (less boring).

Anyway, I have now been doing it every night for about 2-3 weeks. I am trying to get an answer to what sort of withrawal effects I am in for.

I never do it in the day, just 1.5 - 2ml once in the evening, then top up with about 1ml or 0.5ml a couple of times later on. I normally don't take any after 8.30 so as not to wake up with the dopamine re-bound (or whatever it is).

There have been a few nights where I havent taken any in the evening until about 5am the next morning after not being able to get to sleep, a last ditch attempt to at least get 2 hours sleep.

I can work out that I may have a bit of trouble sleeping if I stop it's use but am I likely to get the other symptoms people report? Anxiety, deppression, delirium etc?

I am a 28 yr old male, I work out and am fairly healthy. 6ft tall and 87 kg weight.

If I do get withdawals, is there anything to help them?

Sprinklervibes
22-05-2006, 16:46
Well offcourse you'll have to add up the alcohol use to your withdrawals.. You basically replaced one drug for the other, you can't expect not to come down from the first.
But if you don't have to use it during the day to manage possible withdrawal symptoms, I think you're pretty safe. Otherwise, try cutting back, decreasing your dosage to .5 ml and then quit.

TheTripDoctor
22-05-2006, 21:15
GBL and GHB end up affecting the GABA or GammaAminoButyricAcid system in the brain, just like benzodiazepines do (somewhat).

The basic effect is that GABA is an inhibitory neurotransmiter in normal, everyday activity. GABA binding to its receptors causes an inhibitory response in the brain.

Benzodiazepines bind to specific GABA subtypes, called BZ receptors. They stimulate the receptor and it causes an inhibitory response, which is what you feel with benzos.

GHB on the other hand, was synthesized as a possble full GABA agonist, for which it apparently works as far as most research shows. Its action may have to do with its conversion to GABA first however. Both of those things happen, which one causes activity is another debate. (below)

Any time you overstimulate the GABA system, the body is going to react and counter for it (remember that its true of most drugs). So if you stimulate the GABA system for long periods of time, you may end up with tremors, seizures etc if you stop suddenly.

GHB it may surprise you , is not a foreign substance.

From Forensic Science Communications January 2002 — Volume 4 — Number 1

"GHB is synthesized in brain tissue from GABA by way of a succinic semialdehyde intermediate." and "In addition, the metabolism of GHB appears to involve conversion to GABA by way of a nonsuccinic semialdehyde intermediate and/or beta-oxidation to carbon dioxide."

So for what its worth, GHB is non toxic in most respects, regardless of any withdrawal it may cause it is safer than benzodiazepines and alcohol without a doubt.

snowshovel
22-05-2006, 22:04
I'd be careful, daily use is a bit excessive, but if you're only using in the evenings with those sort of doses you'll probably be ok. I only ran into trouble with GBL after one evening session carried on through the night and into the next morning. Given that you don't find it euphoric I guess that's not such a danger for you. Also my typical dose was around 3ml.

That said, when it did get nasty it was the worst experience of my life, so I'll stress again: be careful with it. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
Quitting after months of once a day use would generally produce some mild insomnia, and occasional feelings of 'tightness' in my chest (which may have been a physical manifestation of anxiety)Yeah I had the tight chest thing too, along with severe cramps/spasms in the same area. I found it very odd that anxiety could cause such pronounced physical symptoms, but it did indeed seem to be the reason. I've heard of other people having the same problem from GHB/GBL WD too. I'd be interested to know why the anxiety from this particular drug seems to cause chest pain/discomfort so often.

ttocs
22-05-2006, 23:27
Most of GHB/GBL withdrawal is caused by dopamine rebound, not overstimulation of GABA. GHB effects the dopamine system in the brain, blocking dopamine at higher doses, and when GHB wears off, dopamine is released causing the dopamine rebound and responsible for waking you up after 4 hours, and also responsible for the increased heart rate/anxiety/tremors. It's not overstimulation of GABA.

snowshovel
23-05-2006, 01:15
^ It's not proven to be dopamine either

ttocs
23-05-2006, 02:26
^ It's not proven to be dopamine either, and actually noradrenaline is a more likely candidate. Check out Bilzor's posts in previous threads on this topic.

GHB does not affect the norephedrine system. Jesus christ, i'm sick of the bullshit on people not researching GHB. http://www.ceri.com/feature.htm

Everyone who is using GHB, please look at that link instead of being misinfomed by media propaganda or government bullshit links.

TheTripDoctor
23-05-2006, 02:33
You would be partially right that dopamine interaction after GHB use is responsible for some of the psychotic effects noted in GHB withdrawal. For instance many drug treatment centers use antipsychotics because of serious psychotic symptoms that develop, sometimes AFTER the serious withdrawal.

GHB both binds to its own receptor, and is turned into GABA in the body. Ill post the sources at the bottom for you. In addition most centers have noted that "attempts of some addicts to self-detoxify, without medical assistance, have been fatal, as the withdrawal syndrome may be severe and unpredictable"

Its worth noting that many centers have noticed vitamin deficiency in GHB withdrawal, which itself can be a cause of serious problems, its hard to say which causes what symptom in some cases.

GHB withdrawal is similar to benzodiazepine withdrawl and it can be fatal if not treated with a benzodiazepine or a barbituate. This is due to the GABA activity, specifically lack of activity. which is exactly what causes fatalities in benzodiazepine withdrawal. There are psychotic effects yes, but they will not kill you unless you do it yourself.

The dopamine activity is in fact there, and dopamine is first inhibited and then later on released, however dopamine cannot explain many of the symptoms, and benzodiazepines would not stop the symptoms if that were the case. Dopamine may wake you up, but the absence of a GABA inhibitory effect on the brain, which is far more abnormal neurochem-wise, is far worse than excess dopamine.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Neuroscience. 2005; 131(2):465-74 (ISSN: 0306-4522) "Gamma-hydroxybutyric acid (GHB) and the mesoaccumbens reward circuit: evidence for GABA(B) receptor-mediated effects."

Forensic Science Communications January 2002 - Volume 4 - Number 1

Ir J Psych Med 2004; 21(2): 73-75
"GHB withdrawal has many features in common with alcohol and benzodiazepine withdrawal, however the initial symptoms of GHB withdrawal can appear within an hour, delirium evolves more rapidly, and is highly resistant."

fastandbulbous
23-05-2006, 02:39
Regardless of their alarmist tone, the authors confirm that “there have not been any reported deaths”...

That's a quote taken directly from that www.ceri.com site, which is factually incorrect, so don't go jumping down people's throats for wondering about noradrenaline; a simple 'no' would have sufficed

ttocs
23-05-2006, 02:40
Pure GHB is not addictive for fuck sake. When convereted into proper product ie: (GHB POWDER) with no GBL remaining in the product, GHB is very safe and very non-toxic. It is rapidly metabolized into Carbon Dioxide + Water. If you are getting GBL, I advice you to convert your shit into GHB. That's the reason GHB got banned in the first place, was because idiots mixing with alcohol and other depressants and also the fact that they thought they were getting GHB when infact it was some unknown substance or GBL.

After all GBL is a fucking toxic solvent. As I said

References here: http://www.ceri.com/feature.htm

If anyone of you has ever known who Biogenesis Labortories were etc, you would know.

snowshovel
23-05-2006, 02:57
Sorry, I thought someone had mentioned that it affected noradrenaline; in fact they had just said that the withdrawal sounded noradrenaline-like. Still, my main point was that the dopamine rebound theory is far from proven science.

TheTripDoctor
23-05-2006, 02:59
Ill just go talk to this wall over here, same effect :)

ttocs
23-05-2006, 03:38
Ill just go talk to this wall over here, same effect :)

blah, taking benzo's are like talking to a wall. They have no effect on me. At least GHB has a mood elevating effect a long with euphoria, unlike any benzo.

BilZ0r
23-05-2006, 05:38
Pure GHB is not addictive for fuck sake I think all the people who are or have been addicted to GHB would disagree, along with these (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=15645222&query_hl=27&itool=pubmed_docsum) scientists and the articles cited therein.

ttocs
23-05-2006, 05:49
I think all the people who are or have been addicted to GHB would disagree, along with these (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=15645222&query_hl=27&itool=pubmed_docsum) scientists and the articles cited therein.

Once again, your .gov media propaganda bullshit links. Anything to do with .gov is usually a lot of media bullshit, so that link is totally inaccurate which you just provided.

ttocs
23-05-2006, 05:50
I think all the people who are or have been addicted to GHB would disagree, along with these (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=15645222&query_hl=27&itool=pubmed_docsum) scientists and the articles cited therein.

Once again, your .gov media propaganda bullshit links. Anything to do with .gov is usually a lot of media bullshit, so that link is totally inaccurate which you just provided.

krippler
23-05-2006, 06:27
i did gbl for 8 days straight and stopped. my main withdrawl symptom was i stayed awake for 3 days! it sucked. after 72 hours is when a human starts hallucinating and i was tripping bad!

I was up to 3mls every 4 hours. i know it was only for a week but my ex and i did 125mls, just about in a week to 10 days. I like it now and then. get some hardcore benzos bro.

something that will knock you out. I was hallucinating from sleep deprivation. It was no fun. i poured the remaining out.

pin
23-05-2006, 07:13

How about YOU start posting links and sources to disprove him then. It would really help your arguement.

ttocs
23-05-2006, 07:46
How about YOU start posting links and sources to disprove him then. It would really help your arguement.

Boy, you sure don't listen do you? Fucking asshole. I posted the link about ten times. http://www.ceri.com/feature.htm

It's people like you in this world that cause accidents and overdoses. Fucking asshole.

Someone needs to ban this prick right away.

Boozy_Shamoozy
23-05-2006, 11:17
As far as I can gather, and I have read many posts on this board (through the search function), there is no concrete evidence either way.

One professor claims this, one doctor says that... Arguing about it? - there is no point. Whatever you say, you're not going to turn the other guy around to your opinion.

Anyway, I'm now over 24 hour since my last dose and no withrawals yet. I have only had about 2 hours sleep last night and am seriously considering taking an Ambien tonight. But I know what will happen - i'll start taking Ambien to sleep then I won't be able to sleep without that.

It's a catch 22 situation because I can't afford to go without sleep this week. I am working 10-4 at one place then 5-10 at another (to keep me busy (not drink)).

I could take the Ambien this week. Stop friday night. Not sleep Friday and saturday, then hopefully sleep Sunday and be ok, if a little tired Monday. Then hopefully free from drugs next week.

Has anyone been in a similar boat? What do you suggest?

CafeContin
23-05-2006, 13:00
I don't see why you couldn't get addicted to GHB. If you take a sedative drug constantly your body will get used to that, to say nothing of the mental addiction.

ttocs
23-05-2006, 13:11
I don't see why you couldn't get addicted to GHB. If you take a sedative drug constantly your body will get used to that, to say nothing of the mental addiction.

Yes, but there are idiots on these forum boards claiming GBL and GHB to be the same thing, when infact GBL is a toxic solvent. When converted by a proper chemist into GHB with no traces of GBL left in the product, the withdrawals are much less harsh, as well as the dopamine rebound. The dosing is also much easier with GHB than with GBL. You also don't see full blown psychosis from GHB withdrawal as you do with GBL withdrawal.

There is quite a difference. This is a harm reduction site, and it's pretty pathetic when there are some mods on here posting information stating "GBL and GHB are the exact same". Starting to sound more and more like the uneducated and uninformed Trisha on projectghb.

ttocs
23-05-2006, 13:33
While the CERI institute once had one of the best collections of articles/research/faqs on GHB on the internet, the site has not been updated since 1997.

As GHB usage has become more abundant, many of the initial thoughts on the drug (i.e. it is non-addictive) have been disproven. I know people (including myself) who have required hospitalization to treat withdrawal symptoms from consuming pure NaGHB powder (re: NO GBL).

Don't trust anecdotal evidence from someone like myself? Then do some time and some real research, looking at peer-reviewed publications/scientific studies, and don't base your facts on a website that hasn't been updated in almost 10 years.

I'll even make it easy for you. Why don't you start by looking here (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=11476261&query_hl=2&itool=pubmed_DocSum), here (http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/ghb/ghb_addiction2.pdf), here (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=15871147&query_hl=2&itool=pubmed_docsum), here (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=15298492&query_hl=2&itool=pubmed_docsum), or here. (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=15225884&query_hl=2&itool=pubmed_docsum)

Are you going to accuse these research studies of being "gov media propaganda bullshit links"? Why don't you read this page on Erowid (http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/ghb/ghb_addiction.shtml) which links to some of the above studies. Please don't tell me you're going to accuse Erowid of being government propaganda?

Getting back to the original poster's question (with some relevance to this discussion as well), GHB Withdrawal does NOT occur (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=15664723&query_hl=2&itool=pubmed_docsum) at therapeutic doses (i.e. once/night in the treatment of sleep disorders). This is why GHB is available by Rx under the trade name "Xyrem".

I wouldn't go by erowid, as they tend to me anti-ghb. GHB does not stop your breathing, like opiates do. That is utter bullshit on erowid. Have you ever read Dr. Ward Dean's book "GHB - The Natural Mood Enhancer". Doses of up to Pure GHB - 25 grams+ have been taken which induced a deep sleep but did not stop ones breathing. Most of the hospitalizations and withdrawals from GHB use now consist because people nowadays are getting unpure product, or some unknown product claiming to be GHB but actually containing toxic metabolites in it, ever since making GHB illegal.

If you are going to make GHB illegal, they should fucking make Alcohol illegal as well.

ttocs
23-05-2006, 13:39
raybeez, also my point was that GBL and GHB are not the same thing. I don't give a fuck when people make the arguement that GBL is converted with stomach acid into GHB. GBL is still a toxic solvent and when injesting GBL in the conversion process in your system, it is highly toxic and dangerous and this is where most hospitalizations occur, and then doctors blaim it all on GHB. With GBL it is EXTREMELY hard to get your dosage correct. Also, yes GHB + Alcohol will and can stop your breathing and cause seizures etc, this is also where you see GHB overdoses, but the doctors and media don't mention Alcohol, all they can mention is GHB being the culprit. It's pretty pathetic and rediculous nowadays how uneducated doctors and nurses are when it comes to recreational drugs.

ttocs
23-05-2006, 13:42
Those links you posted have also not been updated since 2001, and you are starting to sound just like Bliz0r posting all .gov related info which tends to be incorrect most of the time. Anything the US government says tends to be incorrect.

Anyway, i'm wasting my time replying in threads on here, as it's pretty sad nowadays how this world is brainwashed by the media and overstimulated on stimulant drugs.

jiminniey2k
23-05-2006, 13:59
raybeez, also my point was that GBL and GHB are not the same thing. I don't give a fuck when people make the arguement that GBL is converted with stomach acid into GHB. GBL is still a toxic solvent and when injesting GBL in the conversion process in your system, it is highly toxic and dangerous and this is where most hospitalizations occur, and then doctors blaim it all on GHB. With GBL it is EXTREMELY hard to get your dosage correct.

What are your reasonings? I am not trying to argue.

I came to the impression that GBL and GHB are basically the same as they end up as the same product in your body and are excreted as the same thing.

I have never had GHB only GBL. Before I took any, I was concerned about the fact that what I was buying was being marketted as a stain remover. I read and read whatever I could find on the net and it seemed to be the general opinion that GBL is not harmful to your body as long as you mix it in a bit of fruit drink or whatever. Ethyl Alcohol is a very popular cleaner, much more so than GBL and millions of people consume that every minute of every day. A lot of them live long happy lives.

I know GBL is apparently stronger per ml but I have never had a problem dosing - apart from the first time where I didnt take enough to get an effect.

fastandbulbous
23-05-2006, 16:36
GBL is converted to GHB in the bloodstream due to the action of enzymes, not in the stomach by hydrochloric acid. As GBL is much less polar than GHB, it crosses the gut wall much faster and for an identical sized dose produces a higher plasma level of GHB - that's where the higher incidence of side effects come from (the active drug in both cases is actually GHB).

The only reason it's got a .gov on the reference is because it's hosted by PubMed, which is a national medical database. The actual article was published in the following journal etc

1: Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2005 May;179(3):678-87. Epub 2005 Jan 12.
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA. [email protected]

Which is an independant, peer reviewed journal and not part of some government propaganda machine.

Boy, you sure don't listen do you? Fucking asshole. I posted the link about ten times. http://www.ceri.com/feature.htm

It's people like you in this world that cause accidents and overdoses. Fucking asshole.

Someone needs to ban this prick right away.

That site was last updated in 1997, yet the article BilZ0r linked to was published in 2005 - as somebody pointed out, research continues and gets updated and theories on actions of drugs are modified/changed.

BTW. If you continue with the unprevoked insults, it'll be you that's looking at the activity from the administrative staff. Don't turn it into a thread like this one (http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=215782&highlight=GBL) where someone who is now an ex-bluelighter resorted to insulting everyone.

fastandbulbous
23-05-2006, 17:09
Pure GHB is not addictive for fuck sake.

When converted by a proper chemist into GHB with no traces of GBL left in the product, the withdrawals are much less harsh

If it's not addictive, as you claim in the first quote, how can the withdrawls be much less harsh, as you say in the second quote. How can something produce a withdrawl syndrome if it isn't addictive in the first place?

hungryghostredman
23-05-2006, 21:09
on whether or not GHB/GBL are addictive I can only speak from my own experience, having been addicted to heroin on off for five years (cleanish for the past year) and alcohol most of my adult life, I recently discovered GBL and GHB. At first I took GBL about 2 mls every few hours 24/7 for two weeks before making GHB and then caned about 150g of NaGHB over a weekend. When I ran out without tapering off I was fucking sick: my heart beating too fast and I was talking to myself and basically going a bit OCD. It was on a par with opiate withdrawel except only lasted a day or two. However since then I've only used GHB (for periods of a week or two). All day every day. and ive found that as long as you don't increase the dose (ie to more than 2 or 3 g each time) and make sure you taper off a bit at the end the withdrawals are minimal. I mean if I drank whiskey every 4 hours day and night for a week the withdrawal would be much worse. I find if I take too much GHB i get stinging eyes and a salty taste in my mouth (presumably from the sodium) whereas after too much GBL i started too feel as if i was sucking a 9 volt battery. Either way I've drunk so much alcohol for so long that its starting to make me proper sick after even a small amount, and so GHB is by far the lesser of two evils. From what I've heard in the media i had the impression that it was very easy to kill yourself with GHB mixed with other depressants; but me and my brother have experimented pretty recklessly with it and all that happens is you go unconcious for 3 or 4 hours and have some really vivid and interesting dreams! Its a lovely drug IMHO!

ttocs
24-05-2006, 01:46
on whether or not GHB/GBL are addictive I can only speak from my own experience, having been addicted to heroin on off for five years (cleanish for the past year) and alcohol most of my adult life, I recently discovered GBL and GHB. At first I took GBL about 2 mls every few hours 24/7 for two weeks before making GHB and then caned about 150g of NaGHB over a weekend. When I ran out without tapering off I was fucking sick: my heart beating too fast and I was talking to myself and basically going a bit OCD. It was on a par with opiate withdrawel except only lasted a day or two. However since then I've only used GHB (for periods of a week or two). All day every day. and ive found that as long as you don't increase the dose (ie to more than 2 or 3 g each time) and make sure you taper off a bit at the end the withdrawals are minimal. I mean if I drank whiskey every 4 hours day and night for a week the withdrawal would be much worse. I find if I take too much GHB i get stinging eyes and a salty taste in my mouth (presumably from the sodium) whereas after too much GBL i started too feel as if i was sucking a 9 volt battery. Either way I've drunk so much alcohol for so long that its starting to make me proper sick after even a small amount, and so GHB is by far the lesser of two evils. From what I've heard in the media i had the impression that it was very easy to kill yourself with GHB mixed with other depressants; but me and my brother have experimented pretty recklessly with it and all that happens is you go unconcious for 3 or 4 hours and have some really vivid and interesting dreams! Its a lovely drug IMHO!

Excellent post.

fastandbulbous
24-05-2006, 05:37
All the problems with GBL seem to stem from one thing - it produces a much higher plasma level of GHB than the equivalent dose of GHB and causes it to happem in a shorter time span.

As for the GBL itself being toxic, it only has a plasma half life of 2-3 minutes, so that within 10-15 minutes of it getting into the blood, 98 % + has been converted into GHB. That sort of implies that any unpleasant effects seen after that 10-15minute window are due to the rapid increase and subsequent high peak plasma level of GHB, not the GBL. As far as I'm aware, the only thing that GBL does that GHB (& associated salts) doesn't is that it is an irritant to mucous membranes; once diluted to a 1 in 5 aqueous dilution (or less concentrated) it even loses that feature

snowshovel
24-05-2006, 11:56
In theory then, if you slowly sipped a glass of GBL and juice over, say, 30/45 minutes, would that be a good approximation to a dose of GHB?

deeperSense
24-05-2006, 16:31
need you to give me the proof that gbl is a toxic solvent!!!my research from many sources are that pure gbl 99.98% is non-toxic non-cancerogenic.the purity of the gbl would be the reason of concern!

deeperSense
24-05-2006, 16:34
In theory then, if you slowly sipped a glass of GBL and juice over, say, 30/45 minutes, would that be a good approximation to a dose of GHB?
1ml gbl=1.4 gms ghb

deeperSense
24-05-2006, 16:37
good way to purify gbl is to wash with activated charcoal.this would remove impurities

deeperSense
24-05-2006, 16:48
well put !!!again its like anything ingested to much can be toxic!!!im a bit suspect of naoghb?reports of potassium depletion over long time use.if gbl is the precursor to ghb ,why then do you have to add a highly toxic chemical sodium hydroxide to it,cos when ingestion gbl the body will on its own convert the gbl to ghb!!doesnt make sense to ingested ghb cos it dont make double the ghb the body produced !!do you understand what i mean im puzzled???

snowshovel
24-05-2006, 18:25
1ml gbl=1.4 gms ghbThis isn't what I meant, I was asking if you could get closer to GHB's absorption rate by drinking a dose of GBL slowly over a period of time.
if gbl is the precursor to ghb ,why then do you have to add a highly toxic chemical sodium hydroxide to it,cos when ingestion gbl the body will on its own convert the gbl to ghb!!Many people report increased side effects from GBL compared to GHB due to its faster absorption rate. There's people out there who are devoted to GHB but think GBL is pure concentrated evil. Search the forums, there are dozens of threads on this.

lucyper2
24-05-2006, 20:57
Hello

I've been using GBL for the last 2 weeks, about 15ml/day (redosing). Today I woke up feeling very shitty - anxiety, heart racing, etc.

Is it possible that physical addiction appeared so fast?

And what do you think about switching to about 6mg lorazepam/day for 2-3 days, then to diazepam 10mg/day for the next few days? I hope that I'll be able to work during that time...

Any suggestions?

MTGG
26-05-2006, 11:49
^ Yeah you should expectsome mild withdrawal. Using any drug every day for a week is going to do that. Like HGR said above, if you did the same with whisky youd be in deeper trouble.

ghb is a GABAgernic (?) drug with a short half life; gbl higher plasma amounts of GHB and even shorter half life. Like with other short half life drugs like xanax, addiction comes quickly if u redose before it leaves your system.

Usually id advise a tapering reduction program, but since you have access to benzodiazepines. I would use them.

I'd opt for diazepam because of its long half life. To Be honest one 10mg tab should be enough; because of this long half life it has a self tapering effect and wears offf gradually ( consequently less rebound anxiety). As it wears off it should have you covered for the 1 to 1 & 1/2 day withdrawal you might expect from your usage. Consider redosing with 5mg if it is unbearable, but I wouldn't make it completely painless because then you wouldnt see addiction/withdrawal as something to be wary of :\

You dont need an extensive reduction programme like you propose, its only been 2 weeks.

And for future reference, the withdrawals from NaGHB seem to be less severe ;)

TheLoveBandit
13-06-2009, 05:58
w/d save bump