• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

amfonelic acid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr.Heckyll said:
Do you have a reference for this?

Substance is described by George Lesher (discoverer of nalidixic acid)in US pat 3 590 036

Last edited:
Has anyone else tried Amfonelic acid?I'v read the attachment that anhalonium9 offered , one guy had gone on a 10 day binge and said he preffered it over nomifensine,(wish i new why?). He said ," AFA made methamphetamine look like caffiene" those are some powerfull words!
Anyone know if AFA, can have those affects?Dr.heckyll was the only one to have any experiance with this one first handed.
If this guy(not Dr.Heckyl) is telling the truth, i would think more people would be familiar with it!!!!

Image405.gif

This looks like a pain to make, to me. But that's just me...

Yes it does, F&B and Dr.Heckyll both had really good things to say about it. Maybe this guy wasn't to far off the mark!!!

Thanks.

^ That DOES look ugly. It reminds me a bit of a NSAID, I just can't remember which one for the life of me.

Now you say that, it sort of does. I don't think it's ugly per-se, just a pain. Actually, the ugliest molecule, to me, is heroin. Looks like a scorpion with the 2 acetyl groups as pincers & the piperidine ring as the sting in the tail.

heroin.gif

It's like a magic-eye picture... can you see it?

LOL.

I always thought of the Heroin molecule as someone pictured from above reaching out for a hug ;)

But now that you mention it, yes it does seem like a scorpion!!

A general organic chem blonde question: How difficult is it in general to nitrogenate an aromatic ring?

Btw, I just remembered which NSAID it reminded me of: Naproxen. No, it actually only looks vaguely close. But that brought on my question, actually.

A general organic chem blonde question: How difficult is it in general to nitrogenate an aromatic ring?

Basically aromatic + HNO3/H2SO4, although if other ring substitutes are present, depending upon whether they are activating or deactivating, the Nitro group will either be directed to para/ ortho or meta positions.

phase_dancer said:
Basically aromatic + HNO3/H2SO4, although if other ring substitutes are present, depending upon whether they are activating or deactivating, the Nitro group will either be directed to para/ ortho or meta positions.
I suspect that what he is asking is whether nitrogen can be inserted into the benzene ring as part of the ring... benzene to pyridine, or naphthaline to quinoline, which is what is required to convert the NSAI into AFA. this is essentially impossible.

jah said:
Yes it does, F&B and Dr.Heckyll both had really good things to say about it. Maybe this guy wasn't to far off the mark!!!

Thanks.

I was going off a report that a friend sent me about AFA, I've not got the experience needed with it myself - one off doses can;t really be used to give a picture of its activity - several doses of differing sizes spaced by at least several days are required for a full assessment of a compound, especially ones that exhibit next to no body load (I have extensive experience with all manner of stimulants, but accurately assessing the potential of desoxypipradrol, which has almost no physical impact is proving to be a lot more difficult than with a stimulant with some physical aspect, such as MDPV). If anyone else has experience with AFA (5+ doses), we'd all like to hear about it (don't think there'll be too many as it's bloody expensive).

The structure reminds me very, very much of gyrase inhibitors such as enoxycin or ciproflixacin. I am pretty sure amfonelic acid was originally synthesized as an antibiotic compound.

That's the one thing that really worries me about AFA - if it has significant antibiotic activity, repeated, irregular use could lead to development of very nasty strains of normal body flora, the ones to really worry about being the opportune pathogens (like Staph. aureus) or could sizably upset the gut's normal flora leading to all manner of digestive tract problems.

Problems of the sort outlined above can lead to life threatening conditions, which is why I'd much rather persue less exotic stimulants (like desoxypipradrol, which has a similar activity profile other than it last quite a long time 10+ from a 5mg dose), but if anyone else is fearless and wants to report back, I wish them good luck and await experience reports

fastandbulbous said:
That's the one thing that really worries me about AFA - if it has significant antibiotic activity, repeated, irregular use could lead to development of very nasty strains of normal body flora, the ones to really worry about being the opportune pathogens (like Staph. aureus) or could sizably upset the gut's normal flora leading to all manner of digestive tract problems.

Ok im not an expert in antibiotic resistant bacteria, but surely theres nothing about becoming antibiotic resistant that actually causes bacteria to become more pathogenic in their own right? I thought it just means that its harder to treat infections because the drugs don't work.

If a person was taking amfonelic acid then sure any bacteria in their body may become resistent to amfonelic acid, and probably to nalidixic acid as well, but neither of those are commonly used as antibiotics. How broad is drug resistance, AFA wouldn't make them become resistant to say amoxycillin or vancomycin would it?

I think oppotune pathogens would be more of a concern, taking AFA orally might kill off your normal gut flora and make you more prone to intestinal infections the same way how people who use too much antibacterial soap can get skin infections. But the normal doses for antibiotics are hundreds of milligrams, taking 20mg of AFA shouldn't be enough to cause genocide throughout your bowels...

Correct me if im wrong though, microbiology isn't really my field. But im not sure that the antibiotic effects of AFA would be that significant if a stimulant dose is 1/10 or less of an antibiotic dose.

...but if someone develops a habit and steps up the doses, it could go way wrong. I remember getting mild, temporary edema in my dick in conjunction with drugs/supplements once. It made me think once again on the risk to seriously fuck yourself up with unresearched substances (and researched ones of course).

quinolone antibiotic resistance would also apply to cipro and other useful antibiotics in the same class.

Any of the above two happening, then say you receive an injury to your nose that leaves wounds in mucous membranes, like getting accidentally whacked in the face due to lots of people being rat-arsed on beer/alcohol (40% of the UK population have Staph aureus as normal flora of the upper respiratory tract) then all it needs is for one of those antibiotic resistant strains to be an opportune pathogen like S. aureus and you can end up with all sorts if trouble due to the time it takes to find an antibiotic that is effective.

You only have to see what MRSA can do to people to see that a drug of abuse with the capacity to induce preferential development of antibiotic resistant strains could turn out to be a monumental problem

Dr.Heckyll said:
There's a related compound, Foxolinic Acid, which is about 4 times as potent as Amfonelic acid, and I've heard that some people are working on bringning that out on the market. That will be the end of MDPV i guess...
In the meantime I had the opportunity to try foxolinic acid. It's a powerful and long lasting (~24h) stimulant at a dose of 5mg in some people, while others show little response to it. Like with AFA, there's no body lead at all, but AFA is more euphorigenic, lasts shorter and is more reliable. AFA is clearly the better choice. AFA is the absolutely best stimulant I've ever had, and I've had quite a few. Compared to AFA, MDPV is just shit which you wouldn't touch again if you had the choice. source discussion removed

PS: According to http://discovery.mdsps.com/Catalog/Services/Profiling/Assays/AssayDetails.aspx?id=316000 AFA has the extraordinarily low IC50 of 0.45 nM for dopamine reuptake inhibition.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ MDPV is shit compared to anything ;)

Btw, I find all those new, potent, extremely long-lasting stims to be something of a concern.

^^ It is something to be concerned about, but if it is as good as they say perhaps it will win out on every major anti depressant, slaying modafanil and laziness all at once.

I don't really like the idea of 24 + hours of stimulation though. I'm trying to grow, I don't think it will be possible jacked.

Either way I wouldn't even recreationally test this without some no-go pills.

ok im sorry this is way off topic but....

how did u guys get so into drugs? this is insanity lol

Well for me, I was always insane and have struggled with major depression my whole life, and when I was twelve I read a NIDA pamphlet about how bad drugs are for you, mkay? That's what got me started and the rest is history... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.